Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bjoern Werner at 12?

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For anyone interested, I'm doing a study on each one of every prospect's sacks to get a feel for where they came from. Were they blocked/unblocked, what type of rush did they use, where did they line up, and the amount of time it took them to get to the quarterback, etc.

Although I've only done Bjoern Werner and Damontre Moore, I have the average sack times for Moore and Werner as follows:

Damontre Moore: 4.51 seconds
    Bjoern Werner: 3.95 seconds

Moore's fastest sack was 3.1 seconds, slowest sack was 5.99 seconds (bonus points if you know which sack that was)
    Werner's fasted sack was 2.96 seconds, slowest sack was 5.22 seconds

A few notes on these times, the margin of error is ~.1 seconds and unfortunately had to leave out sacks in games I couldn't get ahold of (Murray State and South Carolina State for instance).

While .6 seconds doesn't seem like much, that's pretty significant if you think about how long a quarterback has to throw. Just found it interesting.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Fin Fan from MD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Easiest pick we'd ever have to make if Werner fell to 12. I'd take the card up to the podium myself.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nando03 View Post
    Easiest pick we'd ever have to make if Werner fell to 12. I'd take the card up to the podium myself.
    Yes, but I thought that a few year back when Vince Wilfork was there for the taking and Miami went Vernon Carey. Thought the same when Drew Brees was there. You just never know what will happen. If the Dolphins lose Sean Smith in free agency and don't sign a legit corner then I could see the team picking Johnthan Banks or Desmond Trufant at #12.
    Quote Quote