Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Slimm's 2014 Underclassman

Threaded View

1. -1
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Slimm's 2014 Underclassman

This is a thread for future reference in terms of 2014 where I'll be posting some underclassman that I've scouted. It's early, but I was bored with the 2013 class a while back subsequent of the feeling that I pretty much had it figured out by December.

First up is Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson:

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 240

We recruited this kid heavily to Alabama, (Kirby Smart) but lost him as a Junior when he committed to Tennessee. Earned several Freshman All-American honors during his first season on campus in 2011. In 2012, not only did he lead the SEC in tackles as a sophomore with 138 total stops, he also led the Vols defense in TFL's and QB hurries. But that's not all...

He also led Tennessee's offense in rushing TD's, scoring 6 TD's on the ground as the triggerman in Tennessee's Wildcat package. This kid is a fabulous pure athlete with explosive movement skills, to go with outstanding range and instincts at the linebacker position. Probably the best linebacker I've seen in Knoxville since Al Wilson.

Johnson is just scratching the surface of his potential as a top notch defender in the SEC, as he was still in the process of learning a new defense as the Vols attempted to make the transition to an odd front last year under Sal Sunseri... who called him the best linebacker he's ever coached. That's a strong compliment coming from a guy who coached linebackers at Alabama under Saban.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 03-05-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Quote