From Bill Polian:

"He played OLB in Dallas' 3-4 scheme, but I think he's more of a 4-3 end. He is an outstanding pass-rusher. As I mentioned earlier, I'm normally wary of players having good seasons in contract years, but putting him at OLB doesn't allow him to do what he does best, which is rush upfield. And I see upside for him in a 4-3 scheme."

We all know the connection that Ireland has to Dallas, although i'm not sure what input he had in the Cowboys 2007 draft. A guy like Spencer, perhaps splitting time with Olivier Vernon, might be an option if the regime isn't in love with any of the DE options at #12. Odrick, if not traded, could move inside (assuming Starks signs elsewhere, which i think is likely).

Getting Spencer on a short term deal - maybe 2 years - is an intriguing possibility, although from my recollection, he played opposite of Demarcus Ware in what is essentially Cameron Wake's position. It would also free the Dolphins to go tight end or defensive back in the first round (i've come to the conclusion that we aren't going WR at #12..my personal opinion). In this scenario, i'd like to see a trade up for Milliner or Tyler Eifert at #12 (i DO think Eifert warrants going that high)

Thoughts?