Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Slimm's 2014 Seniors

1. -81
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grushcow View Post
    Could you give me your evaluation on Billy Turner? He really impressed me when I watched him, has good feet for a big man based on my limited exposure to him.

Really like Turner. He makes it look too easy against FCS competition. I'd like to see him tested snap after snap against top competition in a Senior Bowl setting to really see what he needs to work on. The natural ability is there in spades.

He reminds of a lot of Ryan Clady, who I had above Jake Long as the top tackle in '08.

It's hard for me to lock him in without seeing what his weakness is yet....because he doesn't have one to me on tape. Which I know is a lie... I need to see his weakness in order to grade him properly. I won't see that unless it's in an All-Star setting. Right now I think he's worth a shot in the middle rounds.
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A year ago CB Mohhamed Seisay was hot in Memphis, now after playing at Nebraska he may not even get a chance in the NFL. Wild stuff! Did he spit on a scout or something?
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whats wrong with the RB from Boston College?
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Whats wrong with the RB from Boston College?

The concerns with Andre Williams are that he's never been a full time starter until this year. He's never even rushed for 600 yards until this year. He's never averaged 5 yards per carry until this year. He split carries with Rolandan Finch his entire career, until Finch transferred to Norfolk St. prior to this season.

Williams doesn't really fit a zone attack. If you watch what BC does in the running game with Williams, he's best in a power based attack where you're pulling lineman. However, he's not nearly as powerful as he should be given his size. Never has been. He's a big back that runs small on contact.... a lot like Daniel Thomas. There's smaller backs that run with more power and tackle breaking ability. He's never started and played a full schedule, questions about durability remain.

He reminds me a little of a Correll Buckhalter type back coming out of Nebraska. I don't think he's going to be a better pro than college player because he's not a physical back despite his size. Backs his size should run like Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill. I'd give Williams a late 4th/early 5th round grade, and a potential fit for an offense that features more pulls and traps as opposed to IZ or OZ. His footwork has always been really inefficient until this year. I don't think his running style fits his body type. Offers nothing in the passing game as a receiver out of the backfield.
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    The concerns with Andre Williams are that he's never been a full time starter until this year. He's never even rushed for 600 yards until this year. He's never averaged 5 yards per carry until this year. He split carries with Rolandan Finch his entire career, until Finch transferred to Norfolk St. prior to this season.

Williams doesn't really fit a zone attack. If you watch what BC does in the running game with Williams, he's best in a power based attack where you're pulling lineman. However, he's not nearly as powerful as he should be given his size. Never has been. He's a big back that runs small on contact.... a lot like Daniel Thomas. There's smaller backs that run with more power and tackle breaking ability. He's never started and played a full schedule, questions about durability remain.

He reminds me a little of a Correll Buckhalter type back coming out of Nebraska. I don't think he's going to be a better pro than college player because he's not a physical back despite his size. Backs his size should run like Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill. I'd give Williams a late 4th/early 5th round grade, and a potential fit for an offense that features more pulls and traps as opposed to IZ or OZ. His footwork has always been really inefficient until this year. I don't think his running style fits his body type. Offers nothing in the passing game as a receiver out of the backfield.
    good stuff. thanks slim.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    my next question is about the mammoth DT from Tennessee. At 377 lbs. is it a risk? weight probs or does he wear it well like the Patriots DT?
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ted I'm really waiting to hear your take on all of these guys!
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I'll add to this.

Tennessee Volunteers - OT JaWuan James (#70)
    Listed at 6'6" and 324 lbs

Reminds me of Vernon Carey or Orlando Franklin. Very heavy-boned, solid, technically sound and smooth. Powerful, engulfs even big players. Made Devin Taylor look undraftable, which was something All Star players at the Shrine Game couldn't do, nor Cornell Green of Florida. He's started 37 games at right tackle. Don't know if he'll move to left tackle in place of departing Dallas Thomas, but I think he ought to give it a try. Could pay off.
    Just sayin.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post