Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Dolphins plan to run the read-option in 2013.

1. -41
    In memoriam

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i knew i was making a mistake quoting any post from you...go back to the clouds and act like we never crossed paths...
    If by "mistake" you mean that you'll get called on whatever crap you might say, then yeah. I hate ilogical arguments, hearsay and related uglies. Don't take it personally - if you argument is unsound I'll attack *it* to death. But I welcome arguments, I don't mind.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphone View Post
    If by "mistake" you mean that you'll get called on whatever crap you might say, then yeah. I hate ilogical arguments, hearsay and related uglies. Don't take it personally - if you argument is unsound I'll attack *it* to death. But I welcome arguments, I don't mind.
    well if you have zero football common sense i'd rather not waste any of eachothers time...again my bad for quoting your post and responding...i was hoping that you wouldn't view it as being towards you but just a general statement...

it won't happen again...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    In memoriam

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    well if you have zero football common sense i'd rather not waste any of eachothers time...again my bad for quoting your post and responding...i was hoping that you wouldn't view it as being towards you but just a general statement...

let's just go separate ways...
    I suppose Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll also lack this mythical "football common sense".

Whatever, man. If you don't want to argue that's cool, but don't expect me to not answer. It's a discussion board after all.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill doesn't seem to be very good at avoiding tacklers, so this may be a bad idea.

So we were 27th in offense?....geesh.

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphone View Post
    Well, if your QB can't throw, then I'm obviously in agreement with you (see Tebow). But if a QB can run *in addition to* passing, why not milk that for all it's worth? The prime example of this of course is Tarkenton, but Steve Young is another great example. Now we have offenses that milk that talent further along; why not take advantage?

I would agree sacks are, in general, "softer" than an open-field hit, but that's what sliding and going to the sidelines is for.
    Im just not sure a QB running the read option on a regular basis has a long shelf life. If you happen to have an RG3, you may as well run it because thats just what RG3 does. Im not sure he could be a Pro Bowl caliber QB without it. If Im the Skins, I just look at it like it is and realize I probably need to invest in a good backup and need to expect RG3s career to decline significantly whenever his insane athletic ability declines.

If I have a QB that is Pro Bowl caliber in a "regular" offense, Im not gonna mess with too much read option stuff even if he can run it. I just see it as a career shortener. RG3 has already blown his knee out twice and had a pretty bad concussion. I dont think its coincidence. I will say that a guy as bg as Cam Newton may very well be able to get away with it more than a smaller guy like RG3.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think tannehill takes contact pretty well so i wouldn't not have it in the playbook...but at the same time i wouldn't use it as much as we did in the 2nd bills game...tannehill took some hard licks and he's got a bit of a run to and thru contact mentality probably from playing wr in college...it's not as bad as rg3's but it's there...i mean remember hard knocks when he took off in the preseason or practice and went head first and landed on his shoulder??? matt moore and garrard came over to him and told him to slide...you just don't want to risk it...plus tannehill reads the field better than most of those read option and pistol qbs...he reads coverage well...let him play for the most part in the pocket or on the roll out etc...

if i was gonna use that o a lot it would be with a qb that doesn't read the field well like a kaepernick to give him easy reads in the passing game and exploit soft edges in the run game especially...but with the full understanding that i am taking a risk on the shelf life of my qb that is more worrisome than having him stand in the pocket and deliver...for the one thing nfl qbs are protected as passers by the rules...once a qb becomes a rb in a running back setting like a read option etc he is fair game to blast...there is no protection...

i think with a guy like russell wilson it makes a little more sense also cause he's a bit more elusive than tannehill as far as not so straight linish and he is very smart as a runner with the ball avoids some things but even he took some hard licks with the ball in his hands as a runner in the postseason...

just don't get caught up in all the hype...
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we're going to run the read option, John Jerry better hit the treadmill.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    anyone in the Dolphins front office who thinks the answer to our offensive woes is making Tannehill run is ****ing stupid.

I hope this is a smokescreen, or something taken out of proportion, like, a player saying they'll be running some of it in the redzone or something.

Tannehill doesn't have Kaepernick/RG speed nor is he built like Newton/Tebow. Ryan has a better shot at a succesful NFL career throwing, rather than running like those other guys. You better believe that
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please don't put breaking on something like that...

I expected to see some kind of great offseason move already

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The short answer no, scramble more when he has some space yes. He left some yards on the field this past season however, I was glad he was looking down field FIRST!
    Quote Quote