Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One thought on Hartline....

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

One thought on Hartline....

As many other members of Finheaven, I bash him for his SIX career TD's. But most of us seem to forget he missed all of mini camp and training camp with his Calf injury and the appendectomy where he had reportedly lost 30lbs I believe. With a full offseason and a TRUE #1 receiver opposite of him (hopefully Jennings, if not Wallace) I believe he will score around 4-8 TDs in 2013. Regardless of his TD numbers next year, I expect him to improve with a full offseason to lift and work with Tannehill. Facing the teams #2 CB next year won't hurt either.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's really no reason to think he can't be a 1,000 yard 5 td guy annually. Which by the way easily makes him a top half of the league #2 WR.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Hopefully he comes down on his price, and we get to find out..
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nobody dislikes Hartline. He's trying to get paid, and he should. This is his profession. But if he's looking for 6 million per year, he's simply not worth that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm all for resigning him as our #2 but at 4 or MAYBE 5 mill tops. He really lost 30 pounds? Damn, I mean it wouldn't hurt for him to bulk up and get stronger. Maybe the wind would stop blowing him over after the catch. Against teams #2's with Bess in the slot and Wallace/Jennings as the "#1" I think thats a damn fine receiving corps right there. Plus Matthews (who didn't look bad in his limited time) will have more experience and we will also probably draft a guy or two.

1. Wallace (my choice)
    2. Hartline
    3. Bess
    4/5/6. Matthews/draft/draft

From one of the worst to one of the better (on paper at least) in one season!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    His weight was 199 lbs and to say he dropped 30lbs down to 169 lbs is just not true
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just to play devil's advocate:

What explains his lack of TDs prior to last season then? He had Marshall on the other side of him in 2010 and 2011 and still didn't score much. I know, I know- the QB play was spotty at best and downright atrocious at worst in those years, but still. If you take another look at the highlight clips from last season you'll see that Hartline had the opportunity to score at least another 5 times. Tannehill overthrew him on a couple of those opportunities, but as CK recently said, at least part of that can and should be attributed to Hartline's lack of deep speed and Tannehill needing to be ridiculously precise due to it. Other times, Hartline simply failed to make any sort of play to get into the end zone when there was a clear chance to. For that matter, the one touchdown reception he did have almost wasn't one even though he was as wide open as any NFL receiver will ever be.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    "There's really no reason to think he can't be a 1,000 yard 5 td guy annually. Which by the way easily makes him a top half of the league #2 WR."

If a #2 WR accumulated 5 TDs and over 1,000 yards...that would be near the top of the line...you don't see average players posting those kind of numbers in a #2 role.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wes Welker only had one touchdown catch in 2006. Obviously, that began to change when he was surrounded by better people in 2007 and beyond.
    I don't think Hartline will ever be a double-digit TD guy in this league, but that number could certainly climb to 5 or 6 when you put him in a better environment.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hartline will never score more then 4 tds a year... the guy has zero yac ability and zero redzone presence. to be honest i doubt he will get another 1000 yard season with a real #1 wr out there. Hes not worth resigning for more then 3 mil a year. Better options in the draft that will come at 1/4 the price. Him and Smith r the 2 guys i really didnt want miami to sign.
    Quote Quote