Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One thought on Hartline....

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    hartline will never score more then 4 tds a year... the guy has zero yac ability and zero redzone presence. to be honest i doubt he will get another 1000 yard season with a real #1 wr out there. Hes not worth resigning for more then 3 mil a year. Better options in the draft that will come at 1/4 the price. Him and Smith r the 2 guys i really didnt want miami to sign.
    I agree with this.
    Imo I'm not happy with him as our #2. Not at all.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    His weight was 199 lbs and to say he dropped 30lbs down to 169 lbs is just not true
    it is very true.. Hartline was very sick. He came into training camp at 174.... thats after he got out of the hospital for a few weeks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate:

What explains his lack of TDs prior to last season then? He had Marshall on the other side of him in 2010 and 2011 and still didn't score much. I know, I know- the QB play was spotty at best and downright atrocious at worst in those years, but still. If you take another look at the highlight clips from last season you'll see that Hartline had the opportunity to score at least another 5 times. Tannehill overthrew him on a couple of those opportunities, but as CK recently said, at least part of that can and should be attributed to Hartline's lack of deep speed and Tannehill needing to be ridiculously precise due to it. Other times, Hartline simply failed to make any sort of play to get into the end zone when there was a clear chance to. For that matter, the one touchdown reception he did have almost wasn't one even though he was as wide open as any NFL receiver will ever be.
    Jordy Nelson only had 6 TDs his first 3 years in the league with one of the best QBs of our era throwing it to him, what explains that?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline is a little overrated on this site. He's a good player, but the slot would be best for him. If Jennings comes to Miami, he's taking #1 slot and honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Matthews beats out Hartline for the #2 spot. Matthews is more talented than Hartline. He dropped down the draft because of his unimpressive 40 time but the guy has game speed and he has talent. This offseason is going to be huge for him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Hartline is a little overrated on this site. He's a good player, but the slot would be best for him. If Jennings comes to Miami, he's taking #1 slot and honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Matthews beats out Hartline for the #2 spot. Matthews is more talented than Hartline. He dropped down the draft because of his unimpressive 40 time but the guy has game speed and he has talent. This offseason is going to be huge for him.
    Yup, the ideal plan for me would be to sign Hartline for $4.5-5m and trade Bess for a second or third. We don't need them both, Hartline is much more versatile and I believe Bess' contract is up next season anyway
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline is the opposite of a slot receiver. Long strides and tall. Bess runs crisp routes with short strides that create seperation. Hartline battled with Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cromartie last year and won those battles... The kid has moves, and is a legit wideout. Do i want him at his asking price? No. But he'd be a nice complement to a guy like Megatron or AJ Green..
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Hartline is the opposite of a slot receiver. Long strides and tall. Bess runs crisp routes with short strides that create seperation. Hartline battled with Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cromartie last year and won those battles... The kid has moves, and is a legit wideout. Do i want him at his asking price? No. But he'd be a nice complement to a guy like Megatron or AJ Green..
    I wouldn't call 5 catches for 82 yards with zero TD's in two games winning.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Yup, the ideal plan for me would be to sign Hartline for $4.5-5m and trade Bess for a second or third. We don't need them both, Hartline is much more versatile and I believe Bess' contract is up next season anyway
    Bess will absolutely NOT net you a 3rd. A team that has a very specific need might give you a 5th.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Jordy Nelson only had 6 TDs his first 3 years in the league with one of the best QBs of our era throwing it to him, what explains that?
    Probably a combo of being a young WR (who often take time to develop) and Green Bay having "better" options at the time like a prime Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, and James Jones. I know people love to trot out the Jordy Nelson comparison with Hartline (I am guessing largely because he is also white), but the circumstances were different. The fact is, Nelson HAS put up at least one season where he got into the end zone a bunch. Before that, while his TD numbers were low, he did show the ability to run after the catch and outrun people sometimes. Hartline had what will most likely be a career season and still only scored once-barely at that.

Is it possible that he could find the end zone 4-5 times? Sure. He hasn't demonstrated any sort of ability to do so, though, and for the team to shell out somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-6 million per year to find out isn't the wisest course of action, I'm afraid. I'd bet money he won't approach the catch and yardage numbers if the team has other options, also. So, let's just say for ****s and giggles that Hartline does score 5 TDs next season. He would probably do so with around 50 catches for about 700-some odd yards. Is that really worth that kind of money?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Bess will absolutely NOT net you a 3rd. A team that has a very specific need might give you a 5th.
    If Wes Welker could net us a 2nd, Bess could too. Peyton Manning would make Davone Bess a pro bowler
    Quote Quote