Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One thought on Hartline....

1. -21
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I wouldn't call 5 catches for 82 yards with zero TD's in two games winning.
    Didn't Hartline have a record breaking day for not just him but any Miami Dolphin WR against the Cardinals?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    hartline will never score more then 4 tds a year... the guy has zero yac ability and zero redzone presence. to be honest i doubt he will get another 1000 yard season with a real #1 wr out there. Hes not worth resigning for more then 3 mil a year. Better options in the draft that will come at 1/4 the price. Him and Smith r the 2 guys i really didnt want miami to sign.
    so your in the crowd that is banking on a rookie making a big splash. that aint gonna happen in philbins offense. Matthews will get all the reps if Hartline is not here. bank on it. They believe in working your way into the role. If we ended up with someone like Terrence Williams it would be the same thing.

There is only one rookie though who could and his name is Ryan Swope.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Jordy Nelson only had 6 TDs his first 3 years in the league with one of the best QBs of our era throwing it to him, what explains that?
    cuz he was the 3rd and 4th guy on the team then thats y... he wasnt the #1 guy like hartline was this year. since then look at his numbers.... post a 15 Td season... something Fartline wont ever even sniff (pun intended). Nelson in one season has scored more TDs then fartline has his whole career.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    so your in the crowd that is banking on a rookie making a big splash. that aint gonna happen in philbins offense. Matthews will get all the reps if Hartline is not here. bank on it. They believe in working your way into the role. If we ended up with someone like Terrence Williams it would be the same thing.

There is only one rookie though who could and his name is Ryan Swope.
    id bet money that if they tell fartline to F off and draft a 1st round WR like patterson or allen he will be day one #2 wr next to either jennings or wallace. Even if he fully earned it or not if we draft a WR early its his job.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Go get me a juice box!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate:

What explains his lack of TDs prior to last season then? He had Marshall on the other side of him in 2010 and 2011 and still didn't score much. I know, I know- the QB play was spotty at best and downright atrocious at worst in those years, but still. If you take another look at the highlight clips from last season you'll see that Hartline had the opportunity to score at least another 5 times. Tannehill overthrew him on a couple of those opportunities, but as CK recently said, at least part of that can and should be attributed to Hartline's lack of deep speed and Tannehill needing to be ridiculously precise due to it. Other times, Hartline simply failed to make any sort of play to get into the end zone when there was a clear chance to. For that matter, the one touchdown reception he did have almost wasn't one even though he was as wide open as any NFL receiver will ever be.
    Marshall WAS the offense. They forced the ball to him, especially in the red zone.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    even w hartline or wallace , jenning ... they still need 1st or 2nd rd wr in mix.... why not get best wr in draft....make bess 4 wr on team. find another te to help out fasona.. or f/a pass rusher... let smith walk and up grade the cb position in draft or f/a... bottom line is our offense never help defense out...we need score point first... defense good but not great....
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 39wildman View Post
    even w hartline or wallace , jenning ... they still need 1st or 2nd rd wr in mix.... why not get best wr in draft....make bess 4 wr on team. find another te to help out fasona.. or f/a pass rusher... let smith walk and up grade the cb position in draft or f/a... bottom line is our offense never help defense out...we need score point first... defense good but not great....
    Bro my concern with Bess is he finished the second straight season on the IR.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    cuz he was the 3rd and 4th guy on the team then thats y... he wasnt the #1 guy like hartline was this year. since then look at his numbers.... post a 15 Td season... something Fartline wont ever even sniff (pun intended). Nelson in one season has scored more TDs then fartline has his whole career.
    I do not understand your animosity to a player who came into training camp 23 pounds underweight from severe surgery (he had an interview about his experience that would send chills down your spine), and busted his ass off to get back into shape and amount to over 1,000 yards under an entirely new offense, head coach, offensive coordinator, and quarterback. If you are in favor of letting him test free agency, feel free to express it...but the way you trash him like he is some underachieving crack baby bum is a tad distasteful.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    id bet money that if they tell fartline to F off and draft a 1st round WR like patterson or allen he will be day one #2 wr next to either jennings or wallace. Even if he fully earned it or not if we draft a WR early its his job.
    Bro please keep this peaceful. Thanks, John
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    His weight was 199 lbs and to say he dropped 30lbs down to 169 lbs is just not true
    he was able to gain most of that weight but it was reported he lost 30 lbs due to his appendectomy.....
    Quote Quote