Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The TRUTH about Sequestration?

1. -1
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The TRUTH about Sequestration?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...0da_print.html

Seems like we should start electing people that AREN'T lawyers....so we could have some straight talk. GOP and Dems alike are utterly clueless about how to run our government

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Politicians lie and its rare the half truths and deflection spun around them don't work and caves into their faces so blatantly. Didn't they learn anything from Gen McCystal and the Rolling Stones? Probably has to do with narcissism and the reporters "star" power, anyone else besides Bob Woodward be able to get that access?

And the person in the White House behind their sequester plan and and lying over its origins is now up for nomination as Treasury Secretary.

And its anot the first time Woodward has tried to call the President and WH out on it....

Bob Woodward: Obama 'mistaken' on sequester

Bob Woodward says President Barack Obama got some of his facts wrong on sequester at Monday night’s debate.

Woodward’s book “The Price of Politics” has been the go-to fact check source for the president’s answer, in which he claimed the idea of using deep, automatic, across-the-board domestic and defense spending cuts to force Congress to address the nation’s burgeoning federal deficit originated from Congress, not from the White House.

Still, briefing reporters Tuesday aboard Air Force One, White House press secretary Jay Carney continued to blame sequestration on Congress.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz2Ll4VwwIR

LOL from the WP now... Press Secretary job sucks balls..

“The sequester was something that was discussed,” Carney said. Walking back the earlier statements, he added carefully, “and as has been reported, it was an idea that the White House put forward.”
    Last edited by Eshlemon; 02-23-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good post Mo, this type of thing is at the same time, not at all shocking, and absolutely infuriating to me.

Some of my friends ask me if I watched the State of the Union, and I honestly did not know what to say to them. It would be the same answer as any of the campaigning, or the debates.

The answer is certainly no, why would I waste my time when there are repeats of the Big Bang Theory, or Fast and Loud. I used to watch them, but I can't imagine anybody that is remotely following politics to continue. No offense to those that do, but whatever they say really means nothing, it is so full with BS that it is next to impossible to get anything useful out of it.

I really feel like we have almost no hope, 97% of the people involved with politics cheer for a side to win while I wonder if the country that was once so great will ever win again. I see no way for us to turn around when whatever party that doesn't occupy the white house has the failure of the current president as their prime goal.

I know liberals after reading my last sentence are screaming out loud about the actions of the republicans being absolutely freaking mind numb over what the dems did to Bush. Yep, it does get to me, no matter how many times Obama shows us his ass, there are 4-5 here that will back him up regardless, and they do it at home too, making sure that this corrupt partisan system will continue right up to the point of our financial collapse...and won't that be fun.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Good post Mo, this type of thing is at the same time, not at all shocking, and absolutely infuriating to me.

Some of my friends ask me if I watched the State of the Union, and I honestly did not know what to say to them. It would be the same answer as any of the campaigning, or the debates.

The answer is certainly no, why would I waste my time when there are repeats of the Big Bang Theory, or Fast and Loud. I used to watch them, but I can't imagine anybody that is remotely following politics to continue. No offense to those that do, but whatever they say really means nothing, it is so full with BS that it is next to impossible to get anything useful out of it.

I really feel like we have almost no hope, 97% of the people involved with politics cheer for a side to win while I wonder if the country that was once so great will ever win again. I see no way for us to turn around when whatever party that doesn't occupy the white house has the failure of the current president as their prime goal.

I know liberals after reading my last sentence are screaming out loud about the actions of the republicans being absolutely freaking mind numb over what the dems did to Bush. Yep, it does get to me, no matter how many times Obama shows us his ass, there are 4-5 here that will back him up regardless, and they do it at home too, making sure that this corrupt partisan system will continue right up to the point of our financial collapse...and won't that be fun.
    I love that show. Best show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned. If you're ever in Albuquerque, I've got your first beer. Gotta appreciate good taste...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Yep, it does get to me, no matter how many times Obama shows us his ass, there are 4-5 here that will back him up regardless....
    It would be nice if we had more independent thought and less "you disagree with me therefore you must not be very smart" type answers.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This problem with Sequestration and the economy are all but taken care of. Obama met with a group of economic experts to discuss what should be done about our economy.

The people he met with included the following:
    • Melanie Campbell, President, National Coalition of Black Civic Participation
    • Ralph Everett, President, Joint Center for Economic and Political Studies
    • Wade Henderson, President, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
    • Ben Jealous, President, National Association of the Advancement of Colored People
    • Avis Jones-DeWeever, Executive Director, National Council of Negro Women
    • Sharon J. Lettman-Hicks, Executive Director, National Black Justice Coalition
    • Al Sharpton, Founder and President of National Action Network
    • Rev Derrick Harkins, 19th Street Baptist Church

• Judith Browne Dianis, Co-Director, Advancement Project

I'm sure they'll dazzle us with a brilliant solution in the near future.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    This problem with Sequestration and the economy are all but taken care of. Obama met with a group of economic experts to discuss what should be done about our economy.

The people he met with included the following:
    • Melanie Campbell, President, National Coalition of Black Civic Participation
    • Ralph Everett, President, Joint Center for Economic and Political Studies
    • Wade Henderson, President, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
    • Ben Jealous, President, National Association of the Advancement of Colored People
    • Avis Jones-DeWeever, Executive Director, National Council of Negro Women
    • Sharon J. Lettman-Hicks, Executive Director, National Black Justice Coalition
    • Al Sharpton, Founder and President of National Action Network
    • Rev Derrick Harkins, 19th Street Baptist Church

• Judith Browne Dianis, Co-Director, Advancement Project

I'm sure they'll dazzle us with a brilliant solution in the near future.

That's just the thing, the one thing you can count on is that it WILL NOT fix anything, the government, as we know it, must hold a patent on kick the can down the road solutions.

We will get an agreement, it will come at the 11th hour, and it will be crap.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As many of you know, my wife works for Social Security as a claims rep on the SSI side. A couple of days ago their union circulated an email about what's happening with furloughs. Apparently SS management called a meeting with the union during the first week of February to get their thoughts on sequestration and to brainstorm ideas "in case they decide to do it". The union was more than happy to meet. The union did everything that was asked and then when they asked the government if they had any furlough plans and if they had any thing in mind yet about it and the government more or less said that they didn't have any data on it and weren't planning it at that time. They said they'd get back with the union in a couple of weeks when they had finished gathering their data to work with the union to make decisions about it all and so that employees could prepare for furloughs. A week later some SS managers in some offices were caught by employees making copies of furlough letters dated March 1st. Needless to say the union was furious at the supposed lying by management.

So basically the whole sequestration thing has been bungled by every level of government right up to the Oval Office.
    Last edited by LouPhinFan; 02-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I love that show. Best show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned. If you're ever in Albuquerque, I've got your first beer. Gotta appreciate good taste...
    HIMYM > BBT
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote