Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: The TRUTH about Sequestration?

  1. -1
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks

    The TRUTH about Sequestration?

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...0da_print.html

    Seems like we should start electing people that AREN'T lawyers....so we could have some straight talk. GOP and Dems alike are utterly clueless about how to run our government


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,830
    vCash:
    1510
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Politicians lie and its rare the half truths and deflection spun around them don't work and caves into their faces so blatantly. Didn't they learn anything from Gen McCystal and the Rolling Stones? Probably has to do with narcissism and the reporters "star" power, anyone else besides Bob Woodward be able to get that access?

    And the person in the White House behind their sequester plan and and lying over its origins is now up for nomination as Treasury Secretary.


    And its anot the first time Woodward has tried to call the President and WH out on it....

    Bob Woodward: Obama 'mistaken' on sequester


    Bob Woodward says President Barack Obama got some of his facts wrong on sequester at Monday night’s debate.

    Woodward’s book “The Price of Politics” has been the go-to fact check source for the president’s answer, in which he claimed the idea of using deep, automatic, across-the-board domestic and defense spending cuts to force Congress to address the nation’s burgeoning federal deficit originated from Congress, not from the White House.

    Still, briefing reporters Tuesday aboard Air Force One, White House press secretary Jay Carney continued to blame sequestration on Congress.



    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz2Ll4VwwIR


    LOL from the WP now... Press Secretary job sucks balls..

    “The sequester was something that was discussed,” Carney said. Walking back the earlier statements, he added carefully, “and as has been reported, it was an idea that the White House put forward.”
    Last edited by Eshlemon; 02-23-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,644
    vCash:
    3959
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good post Mo, this type of thing is at the same time, not at all shocking, and absolutely infuriating to me.

    Some of my friends ask me if I watched the State of the Union, and I honestly did not know what to say to them. It would be the same answer as any of the campaigning, or the debates.

    The answer is certainly no, why would I waste my time when there are repeats of the Big Bang Theory, or Fast and Loud. I used to watch them, but I can't imagine anybody that is remotely following politics to continue. No offense to those that do, but whatever they say really means nothing, it is so full with BS that it is next to impossible to get anything useful out of it.

    I really feel like we have almost no hope, 97% of the people involved with politics cheer for a side to win while I wonder if the country that was once so great will ever win again. I see no way for us to turn around when whatever party that doesn't occupy the white house has the failure of the current president as their prime goal.

    I know liberals after reading my last sentence are screaming out loud about the actions of the republicans being absolutely freaking mind numb over what the dems did to Bush. Yep, it does get to me, no matter how many times Obama shows us his ass, there are 4-5 here that will back him up regardless, and they do it at home too, making sure that this corrupt partisan system will continue right up to the point of our financial collapse...and won't that be fun.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,825
    vCash:
    5030
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Good post Mo, this type of thing is at the same time, not at all shocking, and absolutely infuriating to me.

    Some of my friends ask me if I watched the State of the Union, and I honestly did not know what to say to them. It would be the same answer as any of the campaigning, or the debates.

    The answer is certainly no, why would I waste my time when there are repeats of the Big Bang Theory, or Fast and Loud. I used to watch them, but I can't imagine anybody that is remotely following politics to continue. No offense to those that do, but whatever they say really means nothing, it is so full with BS that it is next to impossible to get anything useful out of it.

    I really feel like we have almost no hope, 97% of the people involved with politics cheer for a side to win while I wonder if the country that was once so great will ever win again. I see no way for us to turn around when whatever party that doesn't occupy the white house has the failure of the current president as their prime goal.

    I know liberals after reading my last sentence are screaming out loud about the actions of the republicans being absolutely freaking mind numb over what the dems did to Bush. Yep, it does get to me, no matter how many times Obama shows us his ass, there are 4-5 here that will back him up regardless, and they do it at home too, making sure that this corrupt partisan system will continue right up to the point of our financial collapse...and won't that be fun.
    I love that show. Best show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned. If you're ever in Albuquerque, I've got your first beer. Gotta appreciate good taste...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    Yep, it does get to me, no matter how many times Obama shows us his ass, there are 4-5 here that will back him up regardless....
    It would be nice if we had more independent thought and less "you disagree with me therefore you must not be very smart" type answers.
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."


    - Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    GoFins!'s Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    492
    vCash:
    1096
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This problem with Sequestration and the economy are all but taken care of. Obama met with a group of economic experts to discuss what should be done about our economy.

    The people he met with included the following:
    • Melanie Campbell, President, National Coalition of Black Civic Participation
    • Ralph Everett, President, Joint Center for Economic and Political Studies
    • Wade Henderson, President, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
    • Ben Jealous, President, National Association of the Advancement of Colored People
    • Avis Jones-DeWeever, Executive Director, National Council of Negro Women
    • Sharon J. Lettman-Hicks, Executive Director, National Black Justice Coalition
    • Al Sharpton, Founder and President of National Action Network
    • Rev Derrick Harkins, 19th Street Baptist Church

    • Judith Browne Dianis, Co-Director, Advancement Project

    I'm sure they'll dazzle us with a brilliant solution in the near future.


    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,644
    vCash:
    3959
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFins! View Post
    This problem with Sequestration and the economy are all but taken care of. Obama met with a group of economic experts to discuss what should be done about our economy.

    The people he met with included the following:
    • Melanie Campbell, President, National Coalition of Black Civic Participation
    • Ralph Everett, President, Joint Center for Economic and Political Studies
    • Wade Henderson, President, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
    • Ben Jealous, President, National Association of the Advancement of Colored People
    • Avis Jones-DeWeever, Executive Director, National Council of Negro Women
    • Sharon J. Lettman-Hicks, Executive Director, National Black Justice Coalition
    • Al Sharpton, Founder and President of National Action Network
    • Rev Derrick Harkins, 19th Street Baptist Church

    • Judith Browne Dianis, Co-Director, Advancement Project

    I'm sure they'll dazzle us with a brilliant solution in the near future.


    That's just the thing, the one thing you can count on is that it WILL NOT fix anything, the government, as we know it, must hold a patent on kick the can down the road solutions.

    We will get an agreement, it will come at the 11th hour, and it will be crap.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,199
    vCash:
    9892
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As many of you know, my wife works for Social Security as a claims rep on the SSI side. A couple of days ago their union circulated an email about what's happening with furloughs. Apparently SS management called a meeting with the union during the first week of February to get their thoughts on sequestration and to brainstorm ideas "in case they decide to do it". The union was more than happy to meet. The union did everything that was asked and then when they asked the government if they had any furlough plans and if they had any thing in mind yet about it and the government more or less said that they didn't have any data on it and weren't planning it at that time. They said they'd get back with the union in a couple of weeks when they had finished gathering their data to work with the union to make decisions about it all and so that employees could prepare for furloughs. A week later some SS managers in some offices were caught by employees making copies of furlough letters dated March 1st. Needless to say the union was furious at the supposed lying by management.

    So basically the whole sequestration thing has been bungled by every level of government right up to the Oval Office.
    Last edited by LouPhinFan; 02-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Insert pithy saying here.

    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,708
    vCash:
    5401
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I love that show. Best show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned. If you're ever in Albuquerque, I've got your first beer. Gotta appreciate good taste...
    HIMYM > BBT
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. In sequestration's 11th hour, finger-pointing reigns in Congress
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 12:17 PM
  2. the truth
    By NativeFloridian in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 10:52 PM
  3. the truth!
    By calphin in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 02:08 AM
  4. OKAY, tell the truth!
    By West-Fin_Fan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 11:47 AM
  5. has some truth to it.....
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •