Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jennings again mentions interest in joining Dolphins

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JFoxx View Post
    This stuff drives me crazy. Every year we hear the same thing, "oh, I'd love to come play for Miami!", and what happens, they sign somewhere else. Why? Because of the the money. The only way we get him over someone else is if we pay him the same or more than everyone else. While we have the cap, I don't think we will grossly overpay for FA's we want. We need to save some of that for other positions we need nearly as bad as WR.
    This is what I'm thinking as well. A lot of people see this as a sure thing. Matt Flynn seemed like a match, but then he chose Seattle. Granted Flynn was an uncertainty as a starter, I don't see anything that leads me to believe this is more sure than the Flynn thing last offseason. Jennings has not voiced a preference to play for Miami, only that he would be glad to play here.

Of course, Miami is sure to bring Jennings in for a work out and some negotiations. Be ready for high speculation, fellow Dolfans. Let's not be broken hearted or sore, though, if he goes somewhere else. If you endorse Joe Philbin as Dolphins HC, then let's respect Coach's value assessment of the player. If Philbin wants Jennings for this offense, Ireland will expend the full effort to make it happen. The two sides have to meet on a contract, though.

Of the discussed available options, I think Jennings is most likely to be signed by the Dolphins. At the present, I'd say there's a 33% chance that it will get done. That's a significant possibility. I hope we don't try the budget route again as we need an upgrade above Brian Hartline. I say above Hartline because I don't see his contract demand, if it's going to be met, co-existing with a legit #1 guy on the roster. We have enough talent to fill #2 and #3 with Bess and the guys lower on the chart that I think we can stand to upgrade with the money that might go to Hartline. Draft a pair of receivers after the first few picks. That's FishTank's preferred plan... not that anyone really cares what I think!
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UCF Nation View Post
    If he comes...

Crown us.
    For what? 8-8? 9-7?
    Quote Quote