Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper: Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could be Dolphins' first-round pick

1. -1
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17

Kiper: Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could be Dolphins' first-round pick

Danny
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This kid is raw as hell with mediocre hands. What good is potentially being a speed burning playmaker if he can't catch? Not digging Patterson @ #12. I hope Miliner is there at 12 so Miami can take him instead and get a WR later in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    This kid is raw as hell with mediocre hands. What good is potentially being a speed burning playmaker if he can't catch? Not digging Patterson @ #12. I hope Miliner is there at 12 so Miami can take him instead and get a WR later in the draft.
    I completely agree. Get a proven WR in free agency (or 2..)...but there is zero chance that Milliner drops to 12. I'd even be in favor of trading up to get him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mel Kiper is a snake and an incompetent one at that. He got stone cold busted when that agent went public on paying off players. As well, for all his reminders about Matt Ryan, he conveniently forgets that he declared Jake Long wouldnt be anything but a right tackle(say what you will about Long and his injuries, he was the best LT in football for awhile). I look forward to blasting Kiper several more times before the draft.

That said, i wouldnt mind an talented but raw wideout like Patterson... While im not found of the way the Falcons have built their team, they have shown how teams can put up points very quickly with a veteran wideout and a talented youngster. The most impressive thing about the Julio Jones pick is he will give Matt Ryan an explosive receiver for the next decade. We could do alot worse then copying that model this offseason.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Patterson. He is the best receiver in the draft after the catch. In that regard, he is definitely elite. Agree, though, that he is a work in progress but I don't see his hands as an issue. I think he'll just have to work on route running and the other nuances of the position.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Mel Kiper is a snake and an incompetent one at that. He got stone cold busted when that agent went public on paying off players. As well, for all his reminders about Matt Ryan, he conveniently forgets that he declared Jake Long wouldnt be anything but a right tackle(say what you will about Long and his injuries, he was the best LT in football for awhile). I look forward to blasting Kiper several more times before the draft.

That said, i wouldnt mind an talented but raw wideout like Patterson... While im not found of the way the Falcons have built their team, they have shown how teams can put up points very quickly with a veteran wideout and a talented youngster. The most impressive thing about the Julio Jones pick is he will give Matt Ryan an explosive receiver for the next decade. We could do alot worse then copying that model this offseason.
    My personal favorite was how Kiper elevated Blaine Gabbert to a top 10 pick...the guy is a complete sham.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    My personal favorite was how Kiper elevated Blaine Gabbert to a top 10 pick...the guy is a complete sham.

Remember, according to Mel Kiper, USC WR Mike Williams is a lock for the Hall of Fame
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patterson will be the best wide receiver of this class. Julio Jones AJ Green potential.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    The most impressive thing about the Julio Jones pick is he will give Matt Ryan an explosive receiver for the next decade. We could do alot worse then copying that model this offseason.
    Makes sense to me. Get a vet and someone to groom for the future.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    Patterson will be the best wide receiver of this class. Julio Jones AJ Green potential.
    I might dial back those comparisons a little. But his potential is why I think he'll be gone by 12, unfortunately.
    Quote Quote