Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper: Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could be Dolphins' first-round pick

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    lets hope Patterson is a FIN even if the Dolphins pick up a receiver in FA and resign Hartline...
    thats how you win, mulitple weapons
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I love Patterson. He is the best receiver in the draft after the catch. In that regard, he is definitely elite. Agree, though, that he is a work in progress but I don't see his hands as an issue. I think he'll just have to work on route running and the other nuances of the position.
    Think about that for a while particularly in this sytem. Gonna take a raw WR who is great in the open field. The problem is you have to work hard at getting open first then catching the ball. Something this kid has not faced alot of. His big plays come from end arounds and kick returns where open field starts from the beggining of the play. College teams with talented WR's do alot of this in college. They do it all day long as a matter of fact.

Syracuse was playin ball with USC on their turf and what did Lane Kiffen do? End arounds all day long. SU couldnt stop it. It works great in college. Not so much in the pros. Everyone is faster and better and on a different level and experience.

FA: Dmitiri Patterson (Vet min.w/ incentives)
    1. Zach Martin OT
    2. Bishop Sankey RB
    3. Brandon Thomas G/T
    4. Max Bullough ILB
    5. Crockett Gilmore TE
    6. Brandon Linder G/T
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agree with you Dolph N. Fan, think they can do better drafting defense at 12 and then going for a stud rookie receiver in the second round, if you spend the 6 million on Jennings thats a wash and your only salary cap hit will be signing wallace, Wallace, Jennings and A rookie like the kid from Baylor and you will be loaded at wide receiver.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The ONLY things this kid needs to work on is precision route running and learning an NFL playbook. That's it.

Lock him up with the 12th pick.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Andre Williams - RB- Boston College
    6. Calvin Barnett - DT- Oklahoma State
    7. Seantrel Henderson - OT- Miami

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gimme some Greg Jennings in FA, Cordarrelle Patterson in round 1, and in round 2 one of Eifert/Ertz/Hunter, and pick up Swope in round 3. Yeah, it's time to rebuild our WR corps and surround Tannehill with Talent.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Gimme some Greg Jennings in FA, Cordarrelle Patterson in round 1, and in round 2 one of Eifert/Ertz/Hunter, and pick up Swope in round 3. Yeah, it's time to rebuild our WR corps and surround Tannehill with Talent.
    I agree. Jennings and C.P. would be big for our offense. Speed and precision in 2 players.

Rt had a great connection with Swope back in college, would be great to see them continue that in the pros.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    This kid is raw as hell with mediocre hands. What good is potentially being a speed burning playmaker if he can't catch? Not digging Patterson @ #12. I hope Miliner is there at 12 so Miami can take him instead and get a WR later in the draft.
    mediocre hands? he is a hand catcher which is more than i can say about hunter. i agree that he is raw as hell, and 12 is too high, but patterson is made for the wco. fits us perfectly and we all know we need a wr that can make plays and get yac. if we dont take him i wont be upset if we get a miliner or somebody that will contribute day one.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    take your time, don't live too fast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patterson is a beast with the ball in his hands. He's going to be a very good player.
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." - Colonel Sanders
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All the young qbs had receivers to throw to the only one who did not was tanny... I dont c how people say that Patterson is raw just because u havnt seen much of him doesn't mean u guys are scouts or that hes raw.... as I recall percy harvin was a walk on at florida and hes very gud and is the second best player on his team... arian foster was not drafted nor was victor cruz... tgey did not have mich tape n they're doing just fine... this kid is so raw but hes done enough to be ranked the number 1 receiver in this draft.. I say get him and teach him... I want someone to tell me a reciever who came in his rookie season who didnt have anything that needed some fixing if we keep doing what we always do and draft safe picks like always we will b the same unexciting dolphins... we get one great offensive player every 10 years smh thats not gna get us in the playoffs... we should lean on brian hartline a guy who cant break a tackle or score a touchdown or 1 receiver like greg Jennings who is not a big guy or a guy who can carry our team alone...we drafted a qb now its time to get him some real buddy's to catch his passes and take it the distance and it starts with Patterson. .
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So its cordarelle or nothing. well, that ends this discussion of who are #1 pick will be.
    Quote Quote