Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Kiper: Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could be Dolphins' first-round pick

1. -91
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    I believe that if we draft any wide receiver at 12 overall, it will be too high. These guys are all question marks, it seems. BUT if Philbin and Ireland have conviction about a guy in the first...pull the trigger. They know what they're trying to do on offense better than we do.

FWIW Mayock saying Eric Fisher is going to be better than Joe Staley reallly gave me pause.
    At this point in their development, he might be right. If you remember, Staley was a TE his first year in college before being moved to the OL.
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patterson is not as fast as Julio Jones -- nor as big. People that compare them are comparing apples w. oranges, imo. Patterson may be a poor man's Jones but he's not Jones.

Just sign Wallace. Pay the man and save then that 1st draft pick for a guaranteed BPA who will start from day one, and make a difference.

LD
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I believe that if we draft any wide receiver at 12 overall, it will be too high. These guys are all question marks, it seems. BUT if Philbin and Ireland have conviction about a guy in the first...pull the trigger. They know what they're trying to do on offense better than we do.

FWIW Mayock saying Eric Fisher is going to be better than Joe Staley reallly gave me pause.
    Sometimes the guys with the biggest upside have question marks. That's where projection comes into play. If you can't project Patterson as a dynamic play maker in the NFL, obviously, he isn't going to be worth it to you. I think a coach would have to be a dummy to not get his money's worth out of Patterson, and I'm not talking about the return game.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    Patterson is not as fast as Julio Jones -- nor as big. People that compare them are comparing apples w. oranges, imo. Patterson may be a poor man's Jones but he's not Jones.

Just sign Wallace. Pay the man and save then that 1st draft pick for a guaranteed BPA who will start from day one, and make a difference.

LD
    He's slighter but not any shorter, and he may not be as fast in a straight line, but I don't think there's a big difference there. He is, though, MUCH more elusive, much quicker, more dynamic with the ball in his hands.
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    He's slighter but not any shorter, and he may not be as fast in a straight line, but I don't think there's a big difference there. He is, though, MUCH more elusive, much quicker, more dynamic with the ball in his hands.
    Why not just sign Wallace? Wallace is as big as Patterson and WAY faster and more than that, proven on an NFL level.

Plus it would save a draft pick for a player that is rated higher at his position than Patterson at WR -- a BPA pick vs. a "need" pick. I don't like need picks when better talent is on the board...

LD
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    like ted ginn when patrick willis is there.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why not just sign Wallace? Wallace is as big as Patterson and WAY faster and more than that, proven on an NFL level.

Plus it would save a draft pick for a player that is rated higher at his position than Patterson at WR -- a BPA pick vs. a "need" pick. I don't like need picks when better talent is on the board...

LD
    Wallace isn't as big as Patterson. You got some bad info. He's faster, but he isn't as dynamic with the ball in his hands, and he doesn't have Patterson's upside to be an all-around dominate WR. Wallace takes the top off the D. That's it. I'd rather draft Patterson and Wheaton and save myself millions in the process. Wheaton doesn't look to be AS fast as Wallace, but he's plenty fast to take the top off a D, and I think he'll be a more complete WR. Also, this talk of proven NFL WR's who are FA's in nonsense. Wallace proved that he's a great deep threat in Pittsburgh. Doesn't mean he'll do well in Miami. CK recently posted the dubious track record of FA WR's. It's much riskier to address the WR position via FA - especially with big name guys like Wallace.
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks

LD
    Wallace is listed at 6' 199 and Patterson, pre-combine is listed at 6'3" 205. Wallace ran a 4.33 40 at the combine and while I wait to see what Patterson will run at the combine, I do know that Patterson ran the 100 meters in 10.54 last year in JuCo.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    Wallace isn't as big as Patterson. You got some bad info. He's faster, but he isn't as dynamic with the ball in his hands, and he doesn't have Patterson's upside to be an all-around dominate WR. Wallace takes the top off the D. That's it. I'd rather draft Patterson and Wheaton and save myself millions in the process. Wheaton doesn't look to be AS fast as Wallace, but he's plenty fast to take the top off a D, and I think he'll be a more complete WR. Also, this talk of proven NFL WR's who are FA's in nonsense. Wallace proved that he's a great deep threat in Pittsburgh. Doesn't mean he'll do well in Miami. CK recently posted the dubious track record of FA WR's. It's much riskier to address the WR position via FA - especially with big name guys like Wallace.
    First off, you are making a huge assumption that 1. Patterson will be there in the 1st, and 2. Wheaton there later, when Fins desire to pick him. Draft day you can't count on such things -- just like last year, when bang-bang two TEs that Ireland targeted were taken off the board right before he desired them... so he panicked and utterly wasted a pick on Egnew. NEED pick that was thrown down the toilet. Should have picked BPA. But no! The panic of draft day assumptions being crushed caused him to completely waste the pick.

Secondly, you are assuming all the above, in your summation of Patterson -- without ever playing an NFL down. How anyone can look at Wallace and say, "Hmm, don't think he can do THAT in Miami!" is just amazing, to me. What Wallace does can be translated to ANY team, if that team has an NFL caliber QB. Wallace IS proven and is the most low risk WR in FA, imo. FA WRs are only risk heavy if they are a. scheme WRs, b. emotionally troubled, c. injury-prone, and d. with downfield limited speed. Wallace is the antithesis of that, imo [even though no one can predict injury...].

Thirdly, I thought Wallace was 6'1" and Patterson 6'2" -- thanks for the better info. Wallace timed out at 4.33 but his game speed downfield is at least that good, if not better. Lots of guys get slower in pads. Not Wallace. He's a true game-breaker downfield IN REAL TIME. Watching him play is a treat. He's simply not coverable one on one. And barely that with a S on top -- not even then if the QB has time.

Pay Wallace and you have a guaranteed playmaker. A bird in the hand is worth many would-be draft picks in the bush. Then, w. the draft picks, you can go BPA with confidence.

LD
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    DraftCountdown has Patterson going to the Bills
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

and WalterFootball.com has Patterson going to the Rams at 22
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

When did Mayock say there are no elite talents in this draft? Do you have a link to him saying this?
    And Daniel Jeremiah has Cordarrelle Patterson going to the Bills. And recently there's been chatter about the Jets taking him at 9 or the Browns even taking him up at 6.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My question regarding Cordarelle Patteron is why didn't he do big things in college? Justin Hunter got most of the hype, and they had an NFL caliber quarterback. His big games came against NC State, Troy, and then Florida, but even against Florida he only had 75 yards and 1 TD.

Some people are comparing him to Julio Jones...Julio Jones was constantly double teamed in college and still nobody could stop him. I don't understand the hype.
    Tyler Bray is not a Nfl caliber QB, My nephew is a Equipment Manager for UT, I'm a season ticket holder and I can tell you he is a career backup at best. Cant move in the pocket, stares down wrs and has a million dollar arm with a 10 cent brain.
    Quote Quote