Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper: Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could be Dolphins' first-round pick

1. -21
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think people overlook how important solid route running is ad overestimate how difficult it actually is to master. I agree in the point that Patterson Can be an awesome player in the league but idk I think I'd rather go with someone a little more polished at the position. A buddy of mine who played against him in college old me when they watched film on Tennessee everyone on the team got a lot less worried about Patterson after realizing how poor if a job he does at hiding routes, he telegraphs his routes and seems to take plays off.

The other thing tht worries me with Patterson. Has anyone seen him actually go up 1 on 1 for a jump ball? All of these people on here are so quick to compare him to Julio but I haven't seen one clip of Patterson that really showcases the ability to out muscle and out jump a d back. Granted there may be some film out there that I have not gotten to see so if anyone could send me a clip of that please share. Not that is rather have him but Justin hunter displays wayy better ball skills at times than coradarelle.

id like us to trade back if Milner/Moore/Jones/ don't fall to us. Hopefully trade somewhere back to 18-20 spot and choose whoever is left of banks/Allen/Jordan/coradarelle/eifert

round 2 truant/wood/Wheaton/hunter/Hopkins/Rhodes

round 3 bailey/Patton/Rambo/

round 4 swope/Boyce/reed TE

Or the majority of selections after the 4th round I'd wanna dedicate to o/dline/linebacker

this isn't a mock just the skill players I would like to go after in the respective rounds.

I also would be in favor of letting hartline walk is he won't take 4-5 mil a year.

Again if we got mike Wallace and still decided to go we in the first we go Keenan Allen

if we get jenning and go we in the first we take coradarelle

sorry for the sloppiness I'm on my phone
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have several needs on both sides of the ball. I'd feel a helluva lot more comfortable using our #12 pick on a more polished player that will likely contribute right away over a player that played one season at the major college level and produced only one 100+ yard game. Look at his performances against the ranked teams. Not exactly awe inspiring. I don't want to draft a WR receiver with potential that also has a case of the drops. Potential means it could go either way. Too many other players we could grab at 12 that would way more likely have an instant impact.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess I'm higher on Patterson than most?
    I think he's the next big thing, go get him.
    Him and Hunter will be the 2 best, get them both.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny6813 View Post
    I really hope we don't take him...way too risky...much better value at WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is also the guy who laughed at McShay for having Tannehill as a top 10 prospect.
    Miami Dolphins '13: 0-0-0
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by next-year View Post
    I think people overlook how important solid route running is ad overestimate how difficult it actually is to master. I agree in the point that Patterson Can be an awesome player in the league but idk I think I'd rather go with someone a little more polished at the position. A buddy of mine who played against him in college old me when they watched film on Tennessee everyone on the team got a lot less worried about Patterson after realizing how poor if a job he does at hiding routes, he telegraphs his routes and seems to take plays off.

The other thing tht worries me with Patterson. Has anyone seen him actually go up 1 on 1 for a jump ball? All of these people on here are so quick to compare him to Julio but I haven't seen one clip of Patterson that really showcases the ability to out muscle and out jump a d back. Granted there may be some film out there that I have not gotten to see so if anyone could send me a clip of that please share. Not that is rather have him but Justin hunter displays wayy better ball skills at times than coradarelle.

id like us to trade back if Milner/Moore/Jones/ don't fall to us. Hopefully trade somewhere back to 18-20 spot and choose whoever is left of banks/Allen/Jordan/coradarelle/eifert

round 2 truant/wood/Wheaton/hunter/Hopkins/Rhodes

round 3 bailey/Patton/Rambo/

round 4 swope/Boyce/reed TE

Or the majority of selections after the 4th round I'd wanna dedicate to o/dline/linebacker

this isn't a mock just the skill players I would like to go after in the respective rounds.

I also would be in favor of letting hartline walk is he won't take 4-5 mil a year.

Again if we got mike Wallace and still decided to go we in the first we go Keenan Allen

if we get jenning and go we in the first we take coradarelle

sorry for the sloppiness I'm on my phone
    I agree with most of this. Would love Mike Wallace + Keenan Allen...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cordarelle Patterson 12 games 46 rec. 778 yds 5 TD's as a receiver

Terrence Williams 51 202 3,334 16.5 ypc 17 TD

oh yeah, Patterson all the way! no questions asked. sign him up, he is Julio Jones.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Patterson but I can't see us taking a WR in the 1st with all the 2-3 round talent.
    He's very raw too, and we need an immediate impact at WR
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My question regarding Cordarelle Patteron is why didn't he do big things in college? Justin Hunter got most of the hype, and they had an NFL caliber quarterback. His big games came against NC State, Troy, and then Florida, but even against Florida he only had 75 yards and 1 TD.

Some people are comparing him to Julio Jones...Julio Jones was constantly double teamed in college and still nobody could stop him. I don't understand the hype.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You hindsight GM's are funny. You bash a guy for putting his opinion out there on hundreds of draft eligible players every single year and try and claim you're better by bringing up where he has missed. Why don't some of you to attempt to have some foresight and put your opinion out there on even 50 players. I'm talking analyzing these players. Break it down for the rest of us. Tell us exactly what he does well, what he doesn't and project for all of us. Try doing it without going to draft sites and copy and pasting.

Kiper may be arrogant. He comes across as a weasel and has that douchy hair cut but he's good at what he does
    Quote Quote