Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper: Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could be Dolphins' first-round pick

1. -31
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    You hindsight GM's are funny. You bash a guy for putting his opinion out there on hundreds of draft eligible players every single year and try and claim you're better by bringing up where he has missed. Why don't some of you to attempt to have some foresight and put your opinion out there on even 50 players. I'm talking analyzing these players. Break it down for the rest of us. Tell us exactly what he does well, what he doesn't and project for all of us. Try doing it without going to draft sites and copy and pasting.

Kiper may be arrogant. He comes across as a weasel and has that douchy hair cut but he's good at what he does
    I think where people take exception with Kiper is when he drools over a guy like Blaine Gabbert...a guy who was not special during the regular season, and all of a sudden bc Kiper puts him as an elite prospect, other draft "experts" follow suit. I watched Blaine Gabbert in college, then at the combine, and now in the NFL. He was mediocre throughout, and an "expert" like Kiper basically got him draft top 15. Add in the story about agents paying him on the side....it's all just very suspect. His opinion carries alot of weight, and he knows it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    My personal favorite was how Kiper elevated Blaine Gabbert to a top 10 pick...the guy is a complete sham.
    He and about half of the NFL's general managers.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think where people take exception with Kiper is when he drools over a guy like Blaine Gabbert...a guy who was not special during the regular season, and all of a sudden bc Kiper puts him as an elite prospect, other draft "experts" follow suit. I watched Blaine Gabbert in college, then at the combine, and now in the NFL. He was mediocre throughout, and an "expert" like Kiper basically got him draft top 15. Add in the story about agents paying him on the side....it's all just very suspect. His opinion carries alot of weight, and he knows it.
    It's a simple fact that a lot of NFL general managers considered Blaine to be the top quarterback in that class. You can pick on Kiper for rating Blaine high when it turns out Blaine was not worthy. Everyone is answerable to their record. But there were a lot of NFL general managers that got that one wrong, and Mike Mayock (who is very well respected in NFL circles) got it wrong too.

Personally I believed Cam Newton to be the best player in that Draft and definitely the best quarterback.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    He and about half of the NFL's general managers.
    I don't know about that. If he didn't pass my eye ball test, i have no clue how other GM's could have been so off. He looks clueless in the NFL. Just my opinion..

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

It's a simple fact that a lot of NFL general managers considered Blaine to be the top quarterback in that class. You can pick on Kiper for rating Blaine high when it turns out Blaine was not worthy. Everyone is answerable to their record. But there were a lot of NFL general managers that got that one wrong, and Mike Mayock (who is very well respected in NFL circles) got it wrong too.

Personally I believed Cam Newton to be the best player in that Draft and definitely the best quarterback.
    I guess you'd know better than me but it still leaves me shaking my head.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It should be noted that Tennessee averaged 10.9 yards every single time they even looked in Cordarrelle Patterson's direction. That's 10.5 yards per TARGET when the ball is thrown his direction, and if you count his run plays (I do, and so do the rest of the NFL front offices) then it's more like 10.9 yards because he absurdly averaged 12 yards per carry on his run plays (to go along with 12 yards per catch on the few screen passes he caught).

That's another thing. People act like this guy hasn't run or caught the ball on any routes. I don't get that. He hardly caught any screen passes. Far and away fewer screen passes than your average receiver in this class. Tennessee substituted end-arounds for the screen game because they felt the end-arounds benefited their ground game more than screens would.

If you REALLY watch his tape you'll see him out there running real routes, creating real separation, and catching footballs on guys like David Amerson of NC State, Darius Slay and Johnthan Banks of Mississippi State, Louschez Purifoy and Jaylen Watkins of Florida, Branden Smith and Sanders Commings of Georgia, Robert Lester of Alabama, Jimmy Legree of South Carolina, E.J. Gaines of Missouri and Andre Hal of Vanderbilt. All of these guys are draftable players. Some more than draftable.

The point someone raised earlier about him giving away his routes is a good one. He lacks refinement there. He's only one year out of JUCO though and that's not abnormal. Speaking of JUCO, his first year off JUCO numbers are either comparable or significantly better than several former JUCO players that went on to successful NFL careers. That list includes Steve Smith (Carolina), T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson, Isaac Bruce and Stevie Johnson. The only JUCO WR who went on to be very successful in the NFL and also significantly outproduced Patterson in their first years out of JUCO was Keyshawn Johnson.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I don't know about that. If he didn't pass my eye ball test, i have no clue how other GM's could have been so off. He looks clueless in the NFL. Just my opinion..

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

I guess you'd know better than me but it still leaves me shaking my head.
    I'm not taking anything away from you or anyone for correctly predicting that one. It's just a simple fact that many were fooled.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ya...and Geno Smith COULD be our pick also. We are pretty sure to get one of the top 3 FA WR (Jennings) and that means we aren't taking a WR in the first round. KIPER BLOWS.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to agree with other. I don't see us going WR at 12

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Cordarelle Patterson 12 games 46 rec. 778 yds 5 TD's as a receiver

Terrence Williams 51 202 3,334 16.5 ypc 17 TD

oh yeah, Patterson all the way! no questions asked. sign him up, he is Julio Jones.

Actually, if Patterson played the same amount of games at the same level, his stats would be basically just as good.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    8/31/14 Never Forget

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Difference is, Kiper refuses to be held accountable. When even questioned he immediately begins pointing the finger and yelling back. Hes a whinny little girl who cant stand to be put under the microscope. Ive seen it happen many times over, including my personal favorite: the agent report. Instead of addressing that report head on he immediately began insulting the author of it.

He jealously guards his "reputation" and is more worried about looking like an expert than being an expert. Screw him.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It should be noted that Tennessee averaged 10.9 yards every single time they even looked in Cordarrelle Patterson's direction. That's 10.5 yards per TARGET when the ball is thrown his direction, and if you count his run plays (I do, and so do the rest of the NFL front offices) then it's more like 10.9 yards because he absurdly averaged 12 yards per carry on his run plays (to go along with 12 yards per catch on the few screen passes he caught).

That's another thing. People act like this guy hasn't run or caught the ball on any routes. I don't get that. He hardly caught any screen passes. Far and away fewer screen passes than your average receiver in this class. Tennessee substituted end-arounds for the screen game because they felt the end-arounds benefited their ground game more than screens would.

If you REALLY watch his tape you'll see him out there running real routes, creating real separation, and catching footballs on guys like David Amerson of NC State, Darius Slay and Johnthan Banks of Mississippi State, Louschez Purifoy and Jaylen Watkins of Florida, Branden Smith and Sanders Commings of Georgia, Robert Lester of Alabama, Jimmy Legree of South Carolina, E.J. Gaines of Missouri and Andre Hal of Vanderbilt. All of these guys are draftable players. Some more than draftable.

The point someone raised earlier about him giving away his routes is a good one. He lacks refinement there. He's only one year out of JUCO though and that's not abnormal. Speaking of JUCO, his first year off JUCO numbers are either comparable or significantly better than several former JUCO players that went on to successful NFL careers. That list includes Steve Smith (Carolina), T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson, Isaac Bruce and Stevie Johnson. The only JUCO WR who went on to be very successful in the NFL and also significantly outproduced Patterson in their first years out of JUCO was Keyshawn Johnson.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I'm not taking anything away from you or anyone for correctly predicting that one. It's just a simple fact that many were fooled.

He pretty much destroyed those 2 possible first round corners in his FIRST 6 games playing in the FBS. Going up against Amerson, being his first ever game with the Vols

I mean come on....
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote