Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper: Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could be Dolphins' first-round pick

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft "jaw dropped"

Mike Mayock said his "jaw dropped' after studying Tenn. wr cordarrelle Patterson on tape. This kid's only played one year of Div.-1 football. And I put the tape on, my jaw dropped. and he's big....He's 6 foot 3 200 plus pounds, and he flies. And he makes people miss all over the field. I cant wait to see this kid run at the combine......I hope this kid is for real and worthy of the 12th pick of the draft.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Difference is, Kiper refuses to be held accountable. When even questioned he immediately begins pointing the finger and yelling back. Hes a whinny little girl who cant stand to be put under the microscope. Ive seen it happen many times over, including my personal favorite: the agent report. Instead of addressing that report head on he immediately began insulting the author of it.

He jealously guards his "reputation" and is more worried about looking like an expert than being an expert. Screw him.
    Who cares. He isnt responsible for any nfl organization so theres nothing to be held accountable for. Hes provided by espn for nothing other than entertainment. He doesnt make any decisions, he watches tape and talks about it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Difference is, Kiper refuses to be held accountable. When even questioned he immediately begins pointing the finger and yelling back. Hes a whinny little girl who cant stand to be put under the microscope. Ive seen it happen many times over, including my personal favorite: the agent report. Instead of addressing that report head on he immediately began insulting the author of it.

He jealously guards his "reputation" and is more worried about looking like an expert than being an expert. Screw him.
    I won't argue with any of that.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    He pretty much destroyed those 2 possible first round corners in his FIRST 6 games playing in the FBS. Going up against Amerson, being his first ever game with the Vols

I mean come on....
    He destroyed Amerson for sure. But you highlighted the wrong Mississippi State corner. The guy Cordarrelle physically beat (and I do mean physically, off the jam) for the touchdown was Darius Slay. He caught a ball on Johnthan Banks, but overall Banks won the matchup. Still, he caught a ball on him. And he caught balls on all the other guys I mentioned. He really put the beatdown on Louschez Purifoy and Purifoy is expected to eventually be a 1st rounder.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He pretty much destroyed the whole MSU defense lol, but yeah you're right it was mostly Slay.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mel Kiper is a snake and an incompetent one at that. He got stone cold busted when that agent went public on paying off players. As well, for all his reminders about Matt Ryan, he conveniently forgets that he declared Jake Long wouldnt be anything but a right tackle(say what you will about Long and his injuries, he was the best LT in football for awhile). I look forward to blasting Kiper several more times before the draft.

That said, i wouldnt mind an talented but raw wideout like Patterson... While im not found of the way the Falcons have built their team, they have shown how teams can put up points very quickly with a veteran wideout and a talented youngster. The most impressive thing about the Julio Jones pick is he will give Matt Ryan an explosive receiver for the next decade. We could do alot worse then copying that model this offseason.
    Mel Kiper has the IQ of a potato.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    This kid is raw as hell with mediocre hands. What good is potentially being a speed burning playmaker if he can't catch? Not digging Patterson @ #12. I hope Miliner is there at 12 so Miami can take him instead and get a WR later in the draft.
    I hear ya bro, those are legit claims. But imho this guy is a star waiting to happen. Only thing is experience. There hasn't been enough tape.
    If there was, then he won't be there at #12 imo, so this is actually a blessing. The stars are shining upon us lol.

Assuming we have our franchise QB, let's get him franchise worthy WR's.
    Jennings and Wallace are just band aids imo. Expensive ones at that.

My plan,
    Draft C. Patterson-1st
    Trade a 2/3 and draft J. Hunter-1st
    Draft D. Trufant-2nd
    Draft B. Rambo-3rd

Re-sign Starks, Clemons, Garner for sure, and Moore if possible.
    McDaniels and Bush only if they come at good deals. ( I envision Lamar Miller being our primary RB next year).
    Jake Long only if he comes at a Really good deal lol. ( I envision Martin at LT, Samuda starting at LG or RG, and try Jerry at RT?)
    Peace out to Hartline and Smith.
    I would be really thankful to hear anybody's ideas on what free agents we could target, if we proceeded with this plan?
    Pass rushers/DB's/TE's wanted lol.

At first I wanted a Dion Jordan type pass rusher with our first.
    But I'm set in stone now, this is what we need to do imho. Our offense is light years behind teams.
    If we don't act fast, it will start to stunt our franchise qb too.
    I'm at a point where I'm ready to let the defense sink or swim while we fix the offense, properly.

Instead of 'reaching' and spreading ourselves thin, trying to fix all the holes in one offseason, I rather us focus on 1 or 2 areas of need, and turn those areas into actual strengths.
    With actual players that can develop into stars. Not the 'band aid' way or the 'hand-me downs' way.
    I don't want us to be in mediocrity anymore, Imo this is the way out.

If we truly have our franchise qb, who only has 1 year under his belt, than we should continue to build around him, long term.
    My twist is that I reached a breaking point with our offense.
    There is no way I could tolerate even one more game the way it was.
    So I want us to get 2 true #1 wr's instead of depending on 1.
    I want our WR's to be a strength on this team.
    Last edited by sirvmac; 02-15-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some good points here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't teach instincts, size, speed, n quickness. Elite playmaking ability with potential developing of elite route running. If he's there at 12 he's best playmaker in draft
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your 1st-round pick should be the guy who you think has the best opportunity to be in Canton someday.

I see Patterson as a Julio Jones type, a can't miss long-range star in this league.

The kind of guy ireland is allergic to.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote