Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Sean Smith worth $10.7 million guaranteed for one year?

  1. -31
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,851
    vCash:
    1314
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoomuch View Post
    ​To me it always comes down to, "is there someone better we can get to replace him?"
    complicated answer. Yes there is. and no we don't know if thier money demands match with how the team views thier worth, nor can I account for thier families desires, etc.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    mnphinfan's Avatar
    Lifelong Fin Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    2,242
    vCash:
    1087
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The more I think outside the bos the more I would rather the Fins sign Antoine Cason than any of the available FA CB's. I really haven't heard the buzz around his name like the rest of the FA CB's. I know he had a rough start to the beginning of the season but came along strong at the end. He isn't a real flashy CB but he rarely gives up the big play and is a very smart player with immense physical talent that he hasn't gotten the most out of yet. The new GM and coach have let Cason know they would like him to return but rumors are that the Chargers aren't going to be able to afford him, as he is looking for at least $5 mill/year, and they only have around $5 mil in cap space and still have to resign their draft class, Danario Alexander and others.

    I know alot of people will look at Cason's rating on PFF, where he is second to last fo FA CB, but after reading about the Bolts a little bit on a few forums, many people think that it was due to two things. One being when Ron Rivera took Wilks the secondary coach with him to Carolina and second the pass rush being almost not existant. I think Cason could flourish in Coyle's D, with his proven record of getting the most out of his CB's, and would definitely be a cheaper option (more bang for the buck) than Smith or other FA CB's.

    Anybody else got an opinion on Cason, and why?
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    where's th'fish's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    1,020
    vCash:
    2686
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    complicated answer. Yes there is. and no we don't know if thier money demands match with how the team views thier worth, nor can I account for thier families desires, etc.
    Exactly, which is why we should be careful when letting veterans go.
    Why so gloomy?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Travis34's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    5,331
    vCash:
    6080
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    The more I think outside the bos the more I would rather the Fins sign Antoine Cason than any of the available FA CB's. I really haven't heard the buzz around his name like the rest of the FA CB's. I know he had a rough start to the beginning of the season but came along strong at the end. He isn't a real flashy CB but he rarely gives up the big play and is a very smart player with immense physical talent that he hasn't gotten the most out of yet. The new GM and coach have let Cason know they would like him to return but rumors are that the Chargers aren't going to be able to afford him, as he is looking for at least $5 mill/year, and they only have around $5 mil in cap space and still have to resign their draft class, Danario Alexander and others.

    I know alot of people will look at Cason's rating on PFF, where he is second to last fo FA CB, but after reading about the Bolts a little bit on a few forums, many people think that it was due to two things. One being when Ron Rivera took Wilks the secondary coach with him to Carolina and second the pass rush being almost not existant. I think Cason could flourish in Coyle's D, with his proven record of getting the most out of his CB's, and would definitely be a cheaper option (more bang for the buck) than Smith or other FA CB's.

    Anybody else got an opinion on Cason, and why?
    I seem to remember him when he was younger seeming like he might be the eventual replacement for Jammer, and that he was somewhat talented. I wouldn't be opposed I don't think. Lewis, I'm intrigued by, but I don't know much about him

    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    damanref10's Avatar
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,520
    vCash:
    1139
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    guess the good news is it happened week 1 so he had the whole season to recover and now a full offseason.. thanks for the clarification on the injury
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    DzakkH13's Avatar
    Winning is a Habit

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    3,746
    vCash:
    1254
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Tagging Smith would not be ideal, but if we do, I think they do it with hopes of working out a long term deal to lower his cap hit.


    - Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."


    Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    11
    vCash:
    1098
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why give smith 10.7 when we could get cromRte from eagles who is only 26 and more upside plus proby cheaper thoughts anybody
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    kvado16's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,037
    vCash:
    1324
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!, that'd be my reaction to Smith's face if I was Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Kdawg954's Avatar
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    14,675
    vCash:
    2833
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!, that'd be my reaction to Smith's face if I was Ireland.
    You do realize Sean Smith isn't asking for the 1 year deal at 10.7 million but that is the contract Jeff Ireland would give him if he made him his franchise player. Not understanding why Jeff Ireland would be laughing in Sean Smith's face when he is the one that will have proposed the deal to him.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Sean smith seeking 24mill guaranteed
    By SunsPhinsfan03 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
  3. brees isnt worth 10 million a year
    By Wallace758 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 01:04 AM
  4. $10 million in guaranteed money in the first year
    By dan13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 12:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •