Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what would it take for Milliner?

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mine would be something like:

Banks
    Milliner
    Poyer
    Trufant
    Wreh-Wilson
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Mine would be something like:

Banks
    Milliner
    Poyer
    Trufant
    Wreh-Wilson
    I have Banks rated lower, because I don't know that he has the competitive nature that the other guys do. The four other guys in my top-5 are fighters. Banks is there, because he's a ridiculous talent. Dude has KG arms (relative to his height, of course), and he's silky-smooth. If we draft him at 12, I'll be a little nervous. Excited by his talent but nervous.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    There is 5-6 CB's worthy of a 1st/2nd round selection.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting take. I'd have said that one of the things I like about Banks is his physicality and competitive nature! He played through an injury this season - to his personal draft stock cost - and is one of the few guys in the draft I'd trust in man coverage to dominate. The beauty of the draft is its subjectivity I guess!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Interesting take. I'd have said that one of the things I like about Banks is his physicality and competitive nature! He played through an injury this season - to his personal draft stock cost - and is one of the few guys in the draft I'd trust in man coverage to dominate. The beauty of the draft is its subjectivity I guess!
    I should have been more clear. I like how physical Banks is. In coverage, though, I see him lose when he absolutely should not. There's that thing they say about Jordan - hated losing more than he loved winning. I don't get that from Banks. That's what I meant. Maybe it was due to his injury. I could be seeing an injured guy pushing through - rather than an extremely talented guy coasting at times.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

what would it take for Milliner?

Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    My top-5 CB's right now (in order):

1. Milliner
    2. Rhodes
    3. Alford
    4. Banks
    5. Trufant

(Poyer is 6th)
    I like payer more than truant and Alford. I honesty think he will end up being in the top two CBs in this draft from a production standpoint by the end if their careers. It's pretty hard to say that anyone would be better than Milner.

But to the OP, I still can't justify trading two picks away to draft a CB. We have too many holes to fill.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justdev7 View Post
    I like payer more than truant and Alford. I honesty think he will end up being in the top two CBs in this draft from a production standpoint by the end if their careers. It's pretty hard to say that anyone would be better than Milner.

But to the OP, I still can't justify trading two picks away to draft a CB. We have too many holes to fill.
    Two things concern me about Poyer:

1. Speed
    2. Size/strength

During Senior Bowl practices, he got rag-dolled when he tried to get physical with Chris Harper. Harper is a big dude, but a lot of NFL WR's are big dudes. And I'm seriously concerned about his speed. Combine will be big for Poyer. I love his quickness, toughness, and instincts.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Milliner is a good CB but not worth trading up for. Honestly I don't think any player this year is worth trading up for, at least from our draft spot.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfin530 View Post
    Milliner is a good CB but not worth trading up for. Honestly I don't think any player this year is worth trading up for, at least from our draft spot.
    Millner is as good as prospect as ever. With the right coaching he can be a top 3 or even top 5 CB in a couple years based on his skills and talent. If I knew the outcome is that, then I would 100% trade up and give a 2nd rounder to get him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foozool13 View Post
    Millner is as good as prospect as ever. With the right coaching he can be a top 3 or even top 5 CB in a couple years based on his skills and talent. If I knew the outcome is that, then I would 100% trade up and give a 2nd rounder to get him.
    I like him more than Claiborne and Patrick Peterson... He looks like a blend between revis and Sherman.. but a better blitzer and tackler... could also play nickel corner on welker and blitz off the edge similar to Charles Woodson
    Quote Quote