Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi on whether US should disclose killing US citizens - "Maybe."

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pelosi on whether US should disclose killing US citizens - "Maybe."

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is not sure whether the public should be told when the federal government kills an American citizen.
    "Maybe. It just depends," she said in an interview with The Huffington Post this week, when asked whether the administration should acknowledge when it targets a U.S. citizen in a drone strike.

Pelosi disputed the assertion that Democrats are less critical of the drone program than they would have been if George W. Bush were still president, arguing, "Those opposed are pretty critical, and other people are just listening to see what this is and why this is necessary, because we're in a different world."

But she also hinted at another reason that the administration may be getting the benefit of the doubt from some lawmakers:

Polls.

"It's interesting how popular it is in the public," she said, recalling that the same polling dynamic prevailed during the fight over warrantless wiretaps. "People just want to be protected. And I saw that when we were fighting them on surveillance, the domestic surveillance. People just want to be protected: 'You go out there and do it. I'll criticize you, but I want to be protected.'"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2685891.html

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When questioned if a action will be held accountable, the first thing a Democrat goes to is polls?

Color me shocked.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    President Barack Obama defended his administration’s use of drones to target and assassinate Americans overseas believed to be working with terrorists, insisting the government is following the law on what it can and cannot do. But he admitted the public needs to know more about how the drone program works and what rules the administration is following.

“What I think is absolutely true is that it is not sufficient for citizens to just take my word for it that we are doing the right thing,” Obama said in an online chat sponsored by Google.

Asked if the United States could target a United States citizen on American soil, Obama said no.

“There has never been a drone used on an American citizen on American soil, and we respect and have a whole bunch of safeguards in terms of how we conduct counterterrorism in the United States,” Obama said.

But he said the rules outside the U.S.” are “different”—and said it was his responsibility as the president to work with Congress to implement a “mechanism” to be more forthcoming with the public so that people understand “what is going on, what the constraints are, (and) what the legal parameters are.”
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/o...-election.html

Interesting.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not really interesting i think.....he also promised the most transparent and ethical government in history, and we all see how that's working out don't we.

But we keep electing these dickless douchebags, in spite of the fact they flat out bald faced lie to us at every turn.

I hope Pelosi's tit implants burst, and i hope Obama catches anal warts on his vacation in Florida.....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    White House: No More Public Info on Drones Forthcoming

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Thursday that the Obama administration will not be releasing any more information about the controversial use of drones to kill American citizens.
    http://reason.com/24-7/2013/02/07/wh...-info-on-drone

Both sides of the mouth.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most transparent administration ever!
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They have to kill someone for you to know whats in it
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey I just killed you and this is crazy. Should anyone know?? I don't know... maybe??

And they wonder why so many americans have a big problem with this unconstitutional power.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    From "You have to vote for the bill to find out what's in it" to "We can't tell you until we kill you."
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kill Me...Maybe......the new top pop single from Obama feat. P-Lo
    Quote Quote