Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solving Problems in the Air Should Be Top Priority for Miami Dolphins

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Solving Problems in the Air Should Be Top Priority for Miami Dolphins

PASS OFFENSEOne of the main problems for the Dolphins was finding the end zone. Miami finished the season ranked 27th in scoring offense, putting up an underwhelming 18 points per contest.

PASS DEFENSE
    While the Dolphins have not been able to make things happen through the air on offense, the team's secondary has been just as ineffective in defending against the air attack last season.

The team's lackluster backfield got scorched time and time again last season, allowing 248.4 yards per game to finish 27th in pass defense.

It can get anymore simpler for the Dolphins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/solving...0470--nfl.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/solving...0470--nfl.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need Wrs and CB help badly
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Solving Problems in the Air Should Be Top Priority for Miami Dolphins

I would take banks in round one and honey badger in round 3. Put those two with Smith and we are sorted at CB.

Then sign Jennings, resign Hartline and draft a WR in rounds two and 3 and WR is sorted as well.

Resign fasano and sign Finley.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Banks and honey badger in the slot would be solid. We need playmakers, badly and both of them are solid. Xavier Rhodes would be an option as well.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I would take banks in round one and honey badger in round 3. Put those two with Smith and we are sorted at CB.

Then sign Jennings, resign Hartline and draft a WR in rounds two and 3 and WR is sorted as well.

Resign fasano and sign Finley.
    I wish I thought Philbin would be on board in signing either HoneyBadger OR Finley, but I don't see him doing it. Hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Jets trade Rhodes and the Bills have released their top dbs so far that could spell problems for the Dolphins becaue both of these clubs will be looking for corners as well and they are both picking ahead of us.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Solving Problems in the Air Should Be Top Priority for Miami Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    I wish I thought Philbin would be on board in signing either HoneyBadger OR Finley.
    Honey badger isnt a bad person or a huge problem child 24/7 he had a drug issue, if he is genuinely over that then I would give him a chance. The Dolphins have already started doing their homework on him and he met the entire scouting staff + Ireland and Philbin at the senior bowl, I wouldnt rule out the possibility.

As for Finley, Philbin knows him better than anyone and the two apparantly have a good relationship, I think if he gets cut he will be a Dolphin.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes exactly. This will be directly related to our franchise qb's development too. Why stunt him or handicap him?
    We finally got what we wanted, a franchise qb, now let's get him some franchise worthy targets.

The reality is, imo, we are not going to be able to fix all our problems in one offseason.
    Now we can technically upgrade all those problems with guys, but it will be with a bunch of above-average type players, and that's the short way to mediocrity.
    Let's take this offseason, and actually turn our wr's into a strength on this team.
    Not the ''we got a guy so we don't have to worry about that position'' way.

As far as I am concerned, the defense can sink or swim until we have some actual good wr's on this team. I'm that fed up with our offense.
    I can't watch even 1 more game with our offense the way it was last year. It broke me down.

Get Patterson And Hunter and be done with the wr problems once and for all.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    I wish I thought Philbin would be on board in signing either HoneyBadger OR Finley, but I don't see him doing it. Hope I'm wrong.
    If Philbin does not pursue Finley, I have full faith in his judgement. Fans complained when we didn't sign Matt Flynn, but I fear we may have over payed for him if Philbin was not here, and now Seattle is stuck with paying him $10m a year to hold a clipboard...it's highway robbery. Luckily for Seattle, they're talented enough to overcome that situation. Philbin knows much more than us fans think we do, especially when it comes to former Packer players. If we aren't active in the Finley market, it's most likely for good reason.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nolan Carroll, Sean Smith and Richard Marshall + empty room + poison gas= pass defense solved.
    Quote Quote