Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charles Woodson anyone?

1. -11
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would 100% be down for this.

Argument as a Safety: Get rid of Clemons, sign Woodson to safety for 2 years, draft a guy this year and develop him under Woodson. BAM!

Argument as a CB: Dont need one, go get him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If I'm signing a S, it's Ed Reed.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He wants to go to a contender... In other words, he's not coming here
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by houtz View Post
    So because he was moved to safety he's no longer allowed to play corner?

We're not the Packers, far from it. We could not be worse off at corner right now. A elderly, one legged Charles Woodson would still start at corner on this team.

Honestly, I have no idea. But for the right price what does it hurt? I'm sure this will make him try all the more harder and he's still got skills.

Seriously? The same Packers team that couldn't stop any offense in the NFL? That Packers defense was pathetic on so many levels this past year. It made MIA's defense look superior.

You people and this 'mentoring' crap. Old ass players with declining play are being released for a reason. They just aren't what they were, regardless of what you try to project on them. The NFL execs from franchises like GB and BALT are letting some of these players walk, because its time to get younger and faster. Something I wish some here would understand. Woodson, is a shell of his former self. His play at CB was suspect a year ago, and terrible at S this year.

As for the poster that named Byrd...now there you go. Someone who is coming into his prime, versus one who is on his last leg. Common sense? Just reality, IMO.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Woodson has had a great career, but I don't think he has much left in the tank...same with Ed Reed. I think Woodson would make a nice defensive back's coach, but that is probably the only job I would want to see him have with the Phins.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pay the man!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennyslvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Seriously? The same Packers team that couldn't stop any offense in the NFL? That Packers defense was pathetic on so many levels this past year. It made MIA's defense look superior.

You people and this 'mentoring' crap. Old ass players with declining play are being released for a reason. They just aren't what they were, regardless of what you try to project on them. The NFL execs from franchises like GB and BALT are letting some of these players walk, because its time to get younger and faster. Something I wish some here would understand. Woodson, is a shell of his former self. His play at CB was suspect a year ago, and terrible at S this year.

As for the poster that named Byrd...now there you go. Someone who is coming into his prime, versus one who is on his last leg. Common sense? Just reality, IMO.
    Where in any part of my post did I mention mentoring? Not once. When did I say our defense wasn't superior? Again not once.

Fact:Charles Woodson as a "shell of his former self" is still superior than Sean Smith, it's not even debatable.

Lastly, As far as Baltimore is concerned they're certainly not letting players go to get "younger". The need to clear cap space for their franchise QB. Getting younger has nothing to do with it. They would be more than happy with resigning Ed Reed, they just can not afford it at this time.

P.s.

Byrd is a safety. Most of us were suggesting Woodson be brought in at corner because again, he's far better than what we have.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Head Dolphin In This Pod

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dodge LogoPlaystation LogoTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    No we need young guys. He can teach but he is old. If he was only 5 years younger.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post

Teams like GB and BALT are in cap trouble and have key players to resign. All teams wanna get younger and faster, but there is something to be said for a veteran presence on a defense that wants to take the next level into becoming a playoff team.

Charles Woodson can help in that regard, even if it's for one season.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at a discount? Sure why not, I'd even be happy with realistic incentives. As long as he's an upgrade we wouldn't have much to lose
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He wants to play for a winning team, cross Miami off the list.
    Quote Quote