Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Charles Woodson anyone?

  1. -31
    dcnr226's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2007
    Posts:
    1,106
    vCash:
    1551
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    As opposed to your infinite wisdom? Everyone here has a opinion. I can go look up some of your doozies, because we all have some.

    My wisdom, is that, teams are letting these older players walk. Now you say its because of money. Which does weight into the equation. But the fact a player like Woodson, helped propel one of the worst defenses in the league the past few years, gives me more ammo than....lets say, someone like you. Who advocates paying a ageing once great, alot of money.

    This is a message board. And when you have to resort to your retorts, you have lost the argument. I have a opinion, just like your 'wisdom' on topics here.
    My opinion is that, for the right price, we could use a veteran or 2 on this defense. Charles Woodson was let go for financial reasons..period. If he was willing to restructure his contract to a cap friendly #, GB would've kept him. On instincts and experience alone he would upgrade free safety for the Dolphins...but given a full offseason to heal, he could do great things for this D. The main reason i'm advocating Charles Woodson or Ed Reed is bc i am not a fan of Chris Clemons, and do not want to see him re-signed. We've had a good, young defense for a couple of years now...i'd like to see it capped off with an experienced vet.

    ---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    We aren't contenders...
    I disagree.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    JPPT1974's Avatar
    NFL Training Camps!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    213
    vCash:
    2386
    Loc:
    Seymour TN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well he is up in his late thirties and coming off injury. So two negatives against him there.
    ​NFL Training Camps!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    408
    vCash:
    1417
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Woodson is a zone coverage nickel corner at this stage. IMO Freeney and Woodson are only sub package players at this point to be brought in with the nickel defense.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2003
    Posts:
    1,598
    vCash:
    1132
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Problem with your logic is 1- Jairus Byrd won't be let go, if anything he will be franchised. He's arguably the best safety in the game and 2- Charles Woodson being cut isn't bc Charles Woodson can't play..it's bc he's owed 9 million bucks. It's a business decision, not a football one.

    ...
    Drivel.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    miamiron's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    7,777
    vCash:
    498
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    Defensive player of the year, Heisman trophy winner, Super Bowl Champion....yeah who would want that on their team?
    i'M 55 AND i DON'T EVEN LIVE IN THE PAST LIKE THE ABOVE POST
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    JakeMcAwful's Avatar
    Big Play Clay

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    208
    vCash:
    1606
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Too expensive, too old. Chris Clemons may just be 'safe' but Woodson is a liability back there. Signing him would be a very poor move on our part, IMO.

    The Packers had the good fortune of having a football decision and financial decision come together on this one, despite what some people are saying. Let some other desperate team pick him up and let us spend that money on something worthwhile (extending Jones/signing Wallace/resigning Hartline/etc).
    2014 NFL Dolphins Draft
    1) CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama
    2) Ju'Wuan James, OT, Tennessee
    3) Trai Turner, OG, LSU
    4) Robert Herron, WR, Wyoming
    5) Khyri Thornton, DT, Southern Miss
    6) Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska
    7) Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland



    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2011
    Posts:
    16
    vCash:
    1059
    Thanks / No Thanks
    np thanks. his play has definetly declined.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2013
    Posts:
    18
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Seriously? The same Packers team that couldn't stop any offense in the NFL? That Packers defense was pathetic on so many levels this past year. It made MIA's defense look superior.

    You people and this 'mentoring' crap. Old ass players with declining play are being released for a reason. They just aren't what they were, regardless of what you try to project on them. The NFL execs from franchises like GB and BALT are letting some of these players walk, because its time to get younger and faster. Something I wish some here would understand. Woodson, is a shell of his former self. His play at CB was suspect a year ago, and terrible at S this year.

    As for the poster that named Byrd...now there you go. Someone who is coming into his prime, versus one who is on his last leg. Common sense? Just reality, IMO.
    How exactly did their defense look pathetic and ours superior when they had a better rated d then we did. Someone doesn't know what there talking about
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    russianbear's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    863
    vCash:
    3583
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    Defensive player of the year, Heisman trophy winner, Super Bowl Champion....yeah who would want that on their team?
    yea let's try and talk ray Lewis out of retirement while we're at it.

    Heisman trophy winner , yea I wanted that on my team in 1999. Why underplay the gap between a 32 year old Charles Woodson, and one that is 36? You didn't make one argument as to why it would be a good allocation of our money this off season. He is NOT the player he once was, he is playing safety which is a position we happen to be quite capable at. Would we have him play corner? His speed and quickness is deteriorating which is why he was put back there in the first place.

    Get out of here with this heisman talk.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    9,142
    vCash:
    7777
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Woodson isn't a cb anymore for a reason, and he plays the same position as Reshad Jones.

    ---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dunbar1352 View Post
    How exactly did their defense look pathetic and ours superior when they had a better rated d then we did. Someone doesn't know what there talking about
    Where were they ranked last year?



    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Charles Woodson
    By Superbowlhungry in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 08:21 PM
  2. Is Charles Woodson a possibility?
    By Noland in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-27-2006, 05:06 AM
  3. Charles Woodson to become a FA...
    By Prime Time in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 12:01 AM
  4. Charles Woodson anyone.
    By Amars in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •