Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Charles Woodson anyone?

1. -41
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    i'M 55 AND i DON'T EVEN LIVE IN THE PAST LIKE THE ABOVE POST
    I'm 30 and I don't even write in all caps like the above post.

That's just EWWWWWWWW, and rather tacky!

Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    yea let's try and talk ray Lewis out of retirement while we're at it.

Heisman trophy winner , yea I wanted that on my team in 1999. Why underplay the gap between a 32 year old Charles Woodson, and one that is 36? You didn't make one argument as to why it would be a good allocation of our money this off season. He is NOT the player he once was, he is playing safety which is a position we happen to be quite capable at. Would we have him play corner? His speed and quickness is deteriorating which is why he was put back there in the first place.

Get out of here with this heisman talk.
    Had you been paying attention you would have noticed my earlier post when I suggested a case can be made for a veteran presence on our defense that can show the young guys who have played ok but may need someone with experience in winning that can get the group to take the next step into being a playoff caliber team.

Charles Woodson's resume and credentials, granted a couple years removed from his most recent success still is better than anything we have, for the exception of Rashad Jones. That is not even debatable! He can bring much needed leadership and IMO, can alternate between CB, nickel DB, and FS. He might not be as fast as he used to be, however, he does have a knack for getting turnovers and eyeing the football when it's in the air which is something our lousy corners have an inability to do.

Finally, he brings a certain Hall of Fame pedigree which is highly valuable to a team struggling to find an identity. If he didn't have any gas left in the tank he would just retire. He's made plenty of money so you know he's not coming back for that reason. He knows he can ball and if you look at his body type, somewhat slinder, highly versatile athlete with a slim yet tone frame, those in the know just know he can still play. Maybe even to the age of 40! Dude wasn't the Heisman trophy winner for nothing, even though to you that appears to mean nothing. But by all means, go ahead and tag Sean *cough*sucky*cough* Smith and see where that gets you..... oh heck I'll save you the time, it's equivalent to what you'd find in the bottom of a dumpster. Surely you're in favor of that, correct?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Charles Woodson anyone?

People go by reputation too much, if this guy was still the top player a few are making out then he would retire a packer.

Sign young talent that will develop together, dont waste money signing an old man that will need replaced by the time the players around him are ready to compete.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Next
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    I'm 30 and I don't even write in all caps like the above post.

That's just EWWWWWWWW, and rather tacky!

Had you been paying attention you would have noticed my earlier post when I suggested a case can be made for a veteran presence on our defense that can show the young guys who have played ok but may need someone with experience in winning that can get the group to take the next step into being a playoff caliber team.

Charles Woodson's resume and credentials, granted a couple years removed from his most recent success still is better than anything we have, for the exception of Rashad Jones. That is not even debatable! He can bring much needed leadership and IMO, can alternate between CB, nickel DB, and FS. He might not be as fast as he used to be, however, he does have a knack for getting turnovers and eyeing the football when it's in the air which is something our lousy corners have an inability to do.

Finally, he brings a certain Hall of Fame pedigree which is highly valuable to a team struggling to find an identity. If he didn't have any gas left in the tank he would just retire. He's made plenty of money so you know he's not coming back for that reason. He knows he can ball and if you look at his body type, somewhat slinder, highly versatile athlete with a slim yet tone frame, those in the know just know he can still play. Maybe even to the age of 40! Dude wasn't the Heisman trophy winner for nothing, even though to you that appears to mean nothing. But by all means, go ahead and tag Sean *cough*sucky*cough* Smith and see where that gets you..... oh heck I'll save you the time, it's equivalent to what you'd find in the bottom of a dumpster. Surely you're in favor of that, correct?
    While you do make a case as to why he could have a role on this team, I do not think he's going to take a 1 year deal here especially for the cheap because he has made it CLEAR that he wants to play for the sole purpose of winning another superbowl. I also don't think it would be worth the $9 million he is owed to hope that we didn't just give him a fat, Miami based retirement plan. If a short term, overpriced veteran contract is the only way we can make a push to just make the playoffs? I'd rather wait, spend our money elsewhere, and develop our own young talent. While I do think veterans can have a strong positive impact on younger players in the locker room, that's also why we have DB coaches.....don't need to pay $9 million for that.
    Last edited by russianbear; 02-18-2013 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Remember it is okay to agree and disagree as along as it is does respectfully. Another brother's view could help open our eyes and also make us think a little differently.
    Last edited by Fin Fan in Cali; 02-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Wow! 5 pages and nobody mentioned we should sign him so he doesnt go to New England and beat our ass... Im impressed! This place is getting better...
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Apparently Green Bay is releasing Woodson. Does he have anything left in the tank? Does he have a relationship with Philbin?
    Only as a safety and only if the price is right.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I was bummed when I read he only wanted to play for a contender, but I'm thinking if the fins can land some nice FA WR's and draft well, we just might be a solid contender option. Underdogs
    Quote Quote