Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fanfins precombine mock offseason (signings +5 rounds )

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WR Greg Jennings 3 year 24 million
    super bowl winner gives Tannehill a true #1 receiver, spent many years with Philbin and Sherman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lan2b1mogy4

Jennings has never played with Sherman
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That would ne great if it all that way. I love BIG JAKE but I wouldn't give him more than 6 Mill. per year with the only the 1st years money gaurenteed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, don't really buy any of it
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Interesting picks in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Trufant will eventually be the best cover in this Draft but at #12??? Way too high and other Playmakers will be available. Trade down into the 20's and i'm all for it. I'm ok with Patton and Jenkins in the 2nd because they both are very underrated. Greene is very fast and makes plays, would be a good pick in the 3rd if he makes it past cover 2 teams. John Simon has Matt Roth written all over him. Too slow for DE and not big or strong enough for DT. He will be a role player only and i believe 4th rd is too high for him. I would offer Bush a 2 year 10 million over a injured Bradshaw. Also, add 7 million to the Hartline salary and give it to Wallace. Hartline can take his 0 yac somewhere else. We can fit that into our cap when we cut Patterson and hopefully Binns. We can restructure Dansby and save 3-4 million. We could also cut Jerry or Cog if they can't decisively win a starting job. This is our chance to make a splash and build a winner so signing playmakers is a must. Signing Hartline will not win games or sell tickets so I think Wallace and Jennings should be the targets to make this Offense dynamic.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dingaling View Post
    I think Trufant will eventually be the best cover in this Draft but at #12??? Way too high and other Playmakers will be available. Trade down into the 20's and i'm all for it. I'm ok with Patton and Jenkins in the 2nd because they both are very underrated. Greene is very fast and makes plays, would be a good pick in the 3rd if he makes it past cover 2 teams. John Simon has Matt Roth written all over him. Too slow for DE and not big or strong enough for DT. He will be a role player only and i believe 4th rd is too high for him. I would offer Bush a 2 year 10 million over a injured Bradshaw. Also, add 7 million to the Hartline salary and give it to Wallace. Hartline can take his 0 yac somewhere else. We can fit that into our cap when we cut Patterson and hopefully Binns. We can restructure Dansby and save 3-4 million. We could also cut Jerry or Cog if they can't decisively win a starting job. This is our chance to make a splash and build a winner so signing playmakers is a must. Signing Hartline will not win games or sell tickets so I think Wallace and Jennings should be the targets to make this Offense dynamic.
    x100.

People just don't seem to get that you CANNOT pay good money for mediocre talent at skill positions without dragging the whole team down.

LD
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    x100.

People just don't seem to get that you CANNOT pay good money for mediocre talent at skill positions without dragging the whole team down.

LD
    it has been reported that Hartline and Clemons were called must re-signs by FO, this was a realist projection of what will probably happen, believe me if I had 47 million and the most picks in top 90 I would do things different
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like most of it. I would not sign Bradshaw or resign Clemons or hartline. We traded MArshall for 2 third rounders so why spend 6-7M on hartline. this draft has WRs galore to replace hartline. Agree we will sign a Jennings or Wallace in FA and draft a WR in first or second round. Draft a real safety in round 2. I think Trufant wont get picked that high.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #12 for trufant is a reach for the stars. you can find a better player at 12 than trufant.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think of Hartline as a Howard Twilly type receiver, some of you young bucks might not know that name but he was a 'possesion' type receiver that was open frequently opposite Paul Warfield, who drew a safety every snap. Re-signing Hartline does not create yet another hole for us to have to fill, and you get an alpha receiver like Wallace you will see TD's out of Hartline. Some say not to re-sing mediocre talent but again depth on this team has been and is a problem so not to create anymore holes is a strategy. I am also against trading down this year. There are players who are 'difference' makers that are found in the top half of the draft and trading down is a value based move to build depth IMHO. Best need player at #12. Patterson scares me at #12, just not enough production for my tastes.
    Quote Quote