Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: President Obama’s Non Answer on Striking Citizens with Drones

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

President Obama’s Non Answer on Striking Citizens with Drones

Yesterday, President Obama was finally subjected to a probing question about his policy regarding drone strikes on American citizens. The question, by Lee Doren during a Google + event, left little wiggle room, but he sure did wiggle. Spoiler Alert: There wasn’t really an answer.

[youtube]khAgzS1VHpA[/youtube]

http://iroots.org/2013/02/16/preside...s-with-drones/

Can't even give a straight answer. Just a whole bunch of nonsense. I love the part about "working with Congress about oversight". Since when??? This guy will say anything anytime.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He can't come out and say "Join Al-Qaeda and you get a drone up your ass"...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    More like he can't say he supports the rule of law and the 6th amendment. You know basic human rights. Or just say straight up "I would never drop a bomb on an american on our soil". For some reason that escapes him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Who of consequence would object?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    More like he can't say he supports the rule of law and the 6th amendment. You know basic human rights. Or just say straight up "I would never drop a bomb on an american on our soil". For some reason that escapes him.
    Before his reelection I might guess that he feared admitting support for the Constitution might be a bit too Patriotic for some of his voter base. Why wouldn't a lame-duck President be willing to make these statements?
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Death of due process coming soon.

Looks like the terrorists won...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would anyone be surprised about anything this guy says? Nothing questionable is his fault and everything good, even if he wasn't a part of it is his doing.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Why would anyone be surprised about anything this guy says? Nothing questionable is his fault and everything good, even if he wasn't a part of it is his doing.
    i used to get frustrated with obama, but its gotten to the point where its so comical, i just laugh rather than get upset. i guess the bright side is that in less than 4 years we are done with this *******, but 4 years from now is also a while.

i cant even imagine how bad of a shape our country will be in by then, nor do i want to think about it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    i used to get frustrated with obama, but its gotten to the point where its so comical, i just laugh rather than get upset. i guess the bright side is that in less than 4 years we are done with this *******, but 4 years from now is also a while.

i cant even imagine how bad of a shape our country will be in by then, nor do i want to think about it.
    It's Bush's fault! I wonder how many MORE elections the DEM's are going to use that to try and win?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    It's Bush's fault! I wonder how many MORE elections the DEM's are going to use that to try and win?
    lol.

aside from his horrible policies and **** like that, the thing that really frustrates me about obama is that as a president, he is supposed to lead, and he does anything but that.

i, like im sure many other ppl have there presidents they liked and ones they did not, but the one thing i can say about even the presidents i was not so fond of,was that at least they took responsibility, rather than shifting blame on everyone else during every single problem.

as u said, its never his fault, but first good thing to happen, he is there taking credit.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

President Obama’s Non Answer on Striking Citizens with Drones

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    lol.

aside from his horrible policies and **** like that, the thing that really frustrates me about obama is that as a president, he is supposed to lead, and he does anything but that.

i, like im sure many other ppl have there presidents they liked and ones they did not, but the one thing i can say about even the presidents i was not so fond of,was that at least they took responsibility, rather than shifting blame on everyone else during every single problem.

as u said, its never his fault, but first good thing to happen, he is there taking credit.
    When the heck did Bush ever take responsibility for anything? I must've missed that one...

All these guys pass the buck. This isn't something unique to Obama.
    Quote Quote