Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chance Warmack at 12?

1. -21
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I think Cooper makes a pretty strong case. Different players. Warmack is the better overall player, but Cooper is quicker. Cooper isn't small, and Warmack isn't slow, but I still believe Cooper is a better fit and has more upside - given what we're doing.

I can agree with you to an extent, but I think we could debate that for awhile... regardless... cooper probably isnt in play at 12 whereas, warmack is... or at least is moreso than cooper IMO...

i did a lot of mocks with cooper to us in the 2nd, and that has gone by the wayside, I dont think he gets out of the late first, so theres a good chance we don't get either one, without a trade down. Of all the years I've wanted to trade down, this is the year. I like a raw prospect like patterson better at 18 than I do at 12, I like a warmack or cooper better at 18 than I do at 12...

that's why I keep going back to a defensive end or a corner at 12... only thing I can really get behind value wise.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    While we have a huge need at WR, our need at guard and RT is just as big. My point is, we wouldn't be ignoring a need by drafting a guard by any means. John Jerry is no better than adequate and Incognito needs to be cut w/ his outrageous salary.
    I get that, but attempting to upgrade 2 positions with a guy who's still a stud like Cooper is better to me.

Cooper + OT (David Bakhtiari, Menelik Watson)
    Cooper + OG (Kyle Long) if you want to double up and let go of Incognito making the interior of the OLine EXTREMELY athletic
    Cooper + CB (pick your favorite)
    Cooper + WR (Stedman Bailey, Robert Woods)

Doesn't that look better than just Warmack? I get it, Warmack is great! And if we had less holes on this roster, i'd say go for it. But Cooper is also really good, so if i can get 2 really good potential starters instead of just 1 starting guard, i'm going to go for it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post

i did a lot of mocks with cooper to us in the 2nd, and that has gone by the wayside, I dont think he gets out of the late first, so theres a good chance we don't get either one, without a trade down. Of all the years I've wanted to trade down, this is the year.
    Good call on Cooper. I'd think it would be a longshot for him to get past the Colts. The Bears may be on him too, since their line is so awful. Many fans here in Chicago really want Eifert at 20 to round out the playmaking part of the Bears offense. Add Eifert to Cutler, Marshall, Jeffery, and Forte and that's formidable.

It's too early for me to figure whether I'm with you on a trade down. It's not popular around these parts, but my current view is that I see the real value in this draft between 20 and 60. I'd be all for leveraging that part of the draft. But, who knows Cordarelle may rise up the charts with a bullet if he tests exceptionally well.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.
    -Camus
    Quote Quote