Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miami's 1st 5 picks.

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks

GM Miami's 1st 5 picks.

Obviously the spotlight is what Miami will do with its 5 picks within the 1st 3 rds as they will most likely decide the direction of Miami's future. Miami's 1st rd pick is worth 1,200 pts with the #1 pick being worth 3,000 pts, in case anyone was interested. I also heard that Detroit is looking to trade back from #5. If Miami is really high on Dee Milliner they could look at trading with them. Assuming the Eagles don't take Milliner at #4. It would probably take a 1st rd swap and to give up their own 2nd to pull it off which I personally think would be too much. Anyways assuming Miami doesn't trade any of their 1st 5 picks what positions do you want those 5 picks used on?

I want 2 of the picks used for WRs, 2 for CBs and one for either TE/DE but I don't want Miami to draft a WR in rd 1.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we need to see what happens in FA first.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As of right now, if we chose a rushing DE or CB with the 1st, I would be happy. If we got Patterson (without getting Wallace in FA) then I would be happy. we need a play maker at each of those three spots, and there is no reason why we cant fill each spot in the draft & FA.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's legit top teir players available in at least 3-5 positions of need for us available in the first round. Depending on how the draft goes, we should be able to seriously upgrade at either WR, CB, DE, OT or TE. I know it's unlikely to use our early pick on a TE, but if we traded back for some reason, it could be an option. Having flexibility versus just having to get the best of what's left at position X, puts us in a great spot. While not a huge fan of trading back, you have to consider what teams are willing to give up as an option. So we should be sitting just fine.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Milliner and if he's there at #12 that seems like a no-brainer. But, I think he will go somewhere in the top 7. I'd rather trade down and get someone like Trufant and maybe an additional #2 to do some serious damage. All depends on who is there at #12.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Sur XIII

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lots of talent at DE this year hard to pass up.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What i want? Defensive end or wide receiver.

What i expect? Eric Fisher or Chance Warmack.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    What i want? Defensive end or wide receiver.

What i expect? Eric Fisher or Chance Warmack.
    I wouldn't mind a DE or WR either (especially Patterson), but at this point, from what I know, I wouldn't be too upset if we took Warmack providing Patterson is gone.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a DE or WR either (especially Patterson), but at this point, from what I know, I wouldn't be too upset if we took Warmack providing Patterson is gone.
    How deep is the offensive line pool? Some teams believe the depth of solid offensive linemen could go into the third, fourth and fifth rounds. Although that might not be exciting for NFL fans who follow skill players for their fantasy teams, coaches and general managers love drafts like these, particularly in an era of flat salary caps. Seven starting left tackles are unrestricted free agents. Re-signing them is expensive, sometimes costing more than $10 million a year. This draft is loaded with tackles and could give teams the chance to draft a starter and let an expensive veteran sign with another team. Joeckel, Eric Fisher of Central Michigan and Lane Johnson of Oklahoma are top-10 tackle prospects. Chance Warmack of Alabama is one of the highest ranked guards to enter the league in years. Teams also are looking for potential starting guards and centers in Rounds 2 through 5. The combine opens with 25 offensive linemen graded to go in the top 5 rounds, including 14 tackles.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...bine-watch-for

Cant keep using playmaker picks on offensive lineman. Would Warmack be a good player? Sure. Could we get similar production later in the draft? Yup. Do interior lineman ever break a game open to win it? Nope. Same exact discussion myself and others had 2 years ago after the Pouncey selection.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...bine-watch-for

Cant keep using playmaker picks on offensive lineman. Would Warmack be a good player? Sure. Could we get similar production later in the draft? Yup. Do interior lineman ever break a game open to win it? Nope. Same exact discussion myself and others had 2 years ago after the Pouncey selection.
    I see your point and agree with it as long as there is a playmaker to be had at #12. If not, I see the other side of the coin, too.

On a different note: What is your philosophy on building a team? Do you think we should build the team from the inside out, or outside in? Until recently, I thought the way to build a team was from the inside, out. Then I heard Jimmy Cefalo say on a recent finsider podcast that the way to build a team was from the outside, in. I can see his point. Maybe we should be only looking at WR, CB, DE, TE, or OLB with our #1 pick. Thoughts?
    Quote Quote