Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miami's 1st 5 picks.

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland should be tared and feathered if he goes OL in the first
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...bine-watch-for

Cant keep using playmaker picks on offensive lineman. Would Warmack be a good player? Sure. Could we get similar production later in the draft? Yup. Do interior lineman ever break a game open to win it? Nope. Same exact discussion myself and others had 2 years ago after the Pouncey selection.
    I see your point and agree with it as long as there is a playmaker to be had at #12. If not, I see the other side of the coin, too.

On a different note: What is your philosophy on building a team? Do you think we should build the team from the inside out, or outside in? Until recently, I thought the way to build a team was from the inside, out. Then I heard Jimmy Cefalo say on a recent finsider podcast that the way to build a team was from the outside, in. I can see his point. Maybe we should be only looking at WR, CB, DE, TE, or OLB with our #1 pick. Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Sur XIII

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whatever happens, I can't remember the last time I was so excited for FA and draft. I mean I always look forward to them but this year, the way we have positioned ourselves should make every Dolfan giddy! You have to admit, if Ireland nails this, I say "if", then we could be around the corner from having a team to be feared for who knows how many years. Nay Sayers will say Ireland will blow this opportunity but what if....
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Lions were serious, I'd definitely give up a third and maybe other picks. Possibly a second.

I'd love to grab Milliner.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont think we need to trade up at all. This draft is stacked with WR's, DE's and a handful of corners. We should sit tight, or even trade down to get more picks. The draft is a numbers game......some pan out, some dont. The more picks we have in early rounds, the better chance we have to really build.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post

I want 2 of the picks used for WRs, 2 for CBs and one for either TE/DE but I don't want Miami to draft a WR in rd 1.
    Yes please. unlease we grab a WR in free agency then I only want one receiver in the 1st five picks.
    I got $500 on the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SWS84 View Post
    I see your point and agree with it as long as there is a playmaker to be had at #12. If not, I see the other side of the coin, too.

On a different note: What is your philosophy on building a team? Do you think we should build the team from the inside out, or outside in? Until recently, I thought the way to build a team was from the inside, out. Then I heard Jimmy Cefalo say on a recent finsider podcast that the way to build a team was from the outside, in. I can see his point. Maybe we should be only looking at WR, CB, DE, TE, or OLB with our #1 pick. Thoughts?
    I believe you have to do 3 things to win consistently in the NFL. 1) Find a franchise quarterback. 2) Protect your franchise quarterback. 3) Hit the other teams franchise quarterback.

When building a team, first thing is quarterback. After that, im open for the best player available so long as it makes sense. The "makes sense" thing is key. If there is a pass rusher and offensive lineman both having roughly the same level of talent, then you go pass rusher. Why? Because they are harder to find than competent offensive lineman. That said, its all situational. Recall the Steelers last year. They felt they had a team capable of winning the Superbowl with just a few positions needed of shoring up. David Decastro, who was one of the most talented players in the draft, fell all the way to the mid-20's. There was no way they could have known that talented of a player was going to drop, so they grabbed him. While they did need offensive lineman, even if they hadnt that pick would have made alot of sense based on the talent.

Rules change, schemes adjust, philosophies shift fluidly in this league. But the one thing that floats to the top is talent. Teams that draft for need(like Miami) usually fail. While teams that, after acquiring a QB, draft for talent can be counted on making the playoffs yearly. Teams that adjust their playbook to fit the talent they have usually succeed, while teams that rebuild the roster every coaching change usually cant recover fast enough before the next coaching change.
    We have the quarterback, now we need to draft the talent...so long as it makes sense. And after spending the 1st overall pick, the 15th overall pick, a second round pick, a third round pick, a 4th round pick, 2 giant contracts, and given a 3rd player a giant contract extension(Vernon Carey was resigned by this regime even if they didnt pick him), drafting an offensive lineman doesnt make sense. If there was absolutely no one near the talent of Warmack/Fisher, then id consider it. But that really shouldnt be a problem with a pick as high as 12th overall.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wr at 12 would be great for the dolphins assuming it's Patterson, Dee Miliner isn't as good as Jonathan Banks so why so High on him?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    first of all let's not redo the whole team, if they get Wallace then the dolphins probably won't select a Wr in the 1st. Dee Miliner will be gone by #12 I hope, DE is a posistion of need on this team to help wake out or replace wake in 3 years. Steadman Baily should be there in the second round but they might have to package some picks to change draft posistion to get him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I personally wouldn't want an o lineman in the 1st, but wouldn't be shocked if it happened. If long leaves then ol is a position of importance again, and Warmack (sp) is a big chance.

today, if we drafted it would have to be DE/CB/WR in the 1st
    same in 2nd round. then the 2nd 2nd pick Barrett jones from bama,
    then 3rd would be what ever position we didn't get in the 1 & 2 picks, and either a TE or ilb
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote