Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your view regarding Heaven

Hybrid View

1. -1
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo

Religion Your view regarding Heaven

Let me start by saying I'm more spiritual than religious. I don't know what to believe nor am I looking to be swayed either way. I just want to hear other opinions on what Heaven might be like. It is something we share together? Is it an individual experience? Is it bologna?

I've done some research online as a way to gain information on what other people might believe. What scares me, if Heaven exists, is what happens if one prematurely passes away. Example below:

Say I've been married 5 years and with my wife a total of 10. I die a natural death. She re-marries a few years later, has kids (we don't/do), etc.

Will all of us be in Heaven together? Since she is re-married it isn't like our marriage will "count" in Heaven seeing as she found someone else on Earth.

Any views would be great

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Your view regarding Heaven

According to Christian beliefs, there is no such thing as marriage in Heaven. "Til death do us part" is quite literal in that sense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont really believe in a heaven, but I think if there is one, we will be in a much different state of consciousness than we experience here on Earth. I tend to think that things we value and desire here would seem trivial if heaven is eternal bliss.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Why do people believe they'll be with their relatives and loved ones in heaven?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    According to Christian beliefs, there is no such thing as marriage in Heaven. "Til death do us part" is quite literal in that sense.
    What is Heaven though?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    There is no up without down; no black without white; no joy without suffering. No wave ever only had a crest, and no trough, or vice-versa. As it currently stands, I don't know how it's possible to experience only joy without sorrow. If all you ever experienced was "joy", it wouldn't really be joyous because there'd be nothing to compare it to; it would just be your eternal, non-fluxing state. Which, to be quite honest sounds like a bit of a bore as well.

Preacher man, don't tell me,
    Heaven is under the earth.
    I know you don't know
    What life is really worth
    It's not all that glitters is gold;
    'Alf the story has never been told:
    --
    Most people think,
    Great god will come from the skies,
    Take away everything
    And make everybody feel high.
    But if you know what life is worth,
    You will look for yours on earth:

- Bob Marley
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Super secret agent

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Your basement
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    There is no up without down; no black without white; no joy without suffering. No wave ever only had a crest, and no trough, or vice-versa. As it currently stands, I don't know how it's possible to experience only joy without sorrow. If all you ever experienced was "joy", it wouldn't really be joyous because there'd be nothing to compare it to; it would just be your eternal, non-fluxing state. Which, to be quite honest sounds like a bit of a bore as well.

I know you don't know
    --
    Most people think,
    Take away everything

- Bob Marley
    thats a wonderful way to look at it. i grew up in the midwest in a evangelical family. all we were ever told was that in heaven you were eternally happy. i remember asking questions about it and being told to just stop and accept it. i dont think about it much anymore. but it was stuff like that that made me stop being a christian.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post
    thats a wonderful way to look at it. i grew up in the midwest in a evangelical family. all we were ever told was that in heaven you were eternally happy. i remember asking questions about it and being told to just stop and accept it. i dont think about it much anymore. but it was stuff like that that made me stop being a christian.
    Was baptized Catholic myself, did the communion, memorized the Lord's prayer, the whole nine yards. The smart ones do usually get disillusioned with it at some point or another. As with most religions, there's some good values there, but once you start taking all the dogma too seriously it gets a bit kooky (see Statler).
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hokies class of 2016

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ford LogoDolphins HomerTannehill 17Snakes!Xbox Logo
    Was baptized Catholic myself, did the communion, memorized the Lord's prayer, the whole nine yards. The smart ones do usually get disillusioned with it at some point or another. As with most religions, there's some good values there, but once you start taking all the dogma too seriously it gets a bit kooky (see Statler).
    I have actually been raised catholic my entire life. went to some small church in conencticut and have been going to the same church here in virginia ever since i was 7. we had the same priest here since i moved and i loved it and i loved him. Everyone enjoyed him and he ran the church awesomely. he never talked about any bad stuff like "hating gays" or any bull**** like that. Just made us closer to God. He left aboutttt... 9 months ago and was replaced by a new priest. he is driving people away and is driving me away from the catholic church, not to mention our youth minister left (who was also loved) and was replaced by a complete bitch. I actually hate her. I am steadily seperating from the catholic religion because of the priest we have and the youth minister. But i am certainly not seperating from God. I understand your beliefs and i can completely respect it. But i have had enough experiences in my life where i can fully believe.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!

I know you don't know
    --
    Most people think,
    Take away everything

- Bob Marley
    if we're talking about the christian version of heaven, and not the greek, norse, etc, you have to imagine a place where the laws we live by (time, space, etc) have no place, and as such eternity has no meaning in the sense of knowing time is passing. Even with that type of mindset, "eternal Joy" is the way a living being would describe the undescribable. It certainly is a place of no wants, no concerns, no sickness, no death, and quite possibly no desires. just contentment. This would imply that we leave behind a lot of the things that make us human, or mortal.

So to actually describe heaven from a living beings point of view and experience, would be as impossible as an ant trying to understand a computer.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    if we're talking about the christian version of heaven, and not the greek, norse, etc, you have to imagine a place where the laws we live by (time, space, etc) have no place, and as such eternity has no meaning in the sense of knowing time is passing. Even with that type of mindset, "eternal Joy" is the way a living being would describe the undescribable. It certainly is a place of no wants, no concerns, no sickness, no death, and quite possibly no desires. just contentment. This would imply that we leave behind a lot of the things that make us human, or mortal.

So to actually describe heaven from a living beings point of view and experience, would be as impossible as an ant trying to understand a computer.
    Do you think we exist in that space your describing as ego-souls, or personality based souls? That each of these souls is a distinct, unique, separate soul from all the other souls that inhabit this place?
    Quote Quote