Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
There is no up without down; no black without white; no joy without suffering. No wave ever only had a crest, and no trough, or vice-versa. As it currently stands, I don't know how it's possible to experience only joy without sorrow. If all you ever experienced was "joy", it wouldn't really be joyous because there'd be nothing to compare it to; it would just be your eternal, non-fluxing state. Which, to be quite honest sounds like a bit of a bore as well.

Preacher man, don't tell me,
Heaven is under the earth.
I know you don't know
What life is really worth
It's not all that glitters is gold;
'Alf the story has never been told:
--
Most people think,
Great god will come from the skies,
Take away everything
And make everybody feel high.
But if you know what life is worth,
You will look for yours on earth:

- Bob Marley
if we're talking about the christian version of heaven, and not the greek, norse, etc, you have to imagine a place where the laws we live by (time, space, etc) have no place, and as such eternity has no meaning in the sense of knowing time is passing. Even with that type of mindset, "eternal Joy" is the way a living being would describe the undescribable. It certainly is a place of no wants, no concerns, no sickness, no death, and quite possibly no desires. just contentment. This would imply that we leave behind a lot of the things that make us human, or mortal.

So to actually describe heaven from a living beings point of view and experience, would be as impossible as an ant trying to understand a computer.