Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Your view regarding Heaven

1. -61
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Let me start by saying I'm more spiritual than religious. I don't know what to believe nor am I looking to be swayed either way. I just want to hear other opinions on what Heaven might be like. It is something we share together? Is it an individual experience? Is it bologna?

I've done some research online as a way to gain information on what other people might believe. What scares me, if Heaven exists, is what happens if one prematurely passes away. Example below:

Say I've been married 5 years and with my wife a total of 10. I die a natural death. She re-marries a few years later, has kids (we don't/do), etc.

Will all of us be in Heaven together? Since she is re-married it isn't like our marriage will "count" in Heaven seeing as she found someone else on Earth.

Any views would be great
    Great question : Phinz

I am not religious either, and that is because i hate rule keeping, yet I also believe I am a deeply spiritual being

I guess you are not alone in your fears, but marriage is kind of like a non factor in afterlife.

Many Christians confuse "heaven" with a largely Greco Roman view of afterlife - Where people sail up to heaven after they get their wings... Float around from cloud to cloud.

The Bible actually teaches that God's home is in the heavens - that God lives very far away and yet is also very present all at the same time, so God is holy and that man is seperatd from God and his purity and glory because of sin and cannot be with God as God is immortal and people are mortal.

The New Testament's view of afterlife is one of physical Resurrection -> As you know It was said that Jesus "resurrected" on the third day and the Greeks had trouble with this kind of thinking because the body was a curse in the first place -> the body could not go to the heavens and why would Jesus want to resurrect in the first place, incidently many Christians believe Jesus visited hades or hell (buried for three days) before his resurrection before ascending to the heavens just like greco-roman gods (Jesus resurrection was bodily and his ascension was again physical) THis idea was troubling to the Greeks.

I will refer you to the NT book of Hebrews 13 which explains clearly that "all the saints" await a bodily resurrection a glorification where those in Christ Jesus get a new body and the curse of sin is forever broken.

2 Corinthians 15 explains how the dead body is like a seed not really dead at all but comes up from the ground a new body, how the glorified bodies will differ from each other as each star in the expanse differs in glory, the story here is that God on't be mocked -> you don't plant a walnut and get a celery stock, God will rememeber each seed that went in the ground and give a body as he deems fit.

Marriage, pro-creation, sex are not really expanded on in the afterlife, and I guess we'll see how it all shapes up -> but I personally do not accept this Greco-Roman view of Heaven and hell, I don't believe in a hot hell with burning flames and triton jabbing at your side, I also don't believe that a loving God creates a second room next to Heaven where people are punished eternally for their sins, I do believe however that if you don't want to be resurrected with God that God will honour that and simply annilate anyone who does not want to be with him.

The New Testament Bible teaches about "resurrection" the Greeks viewed the soul as eternal and many if not most Christians I meet view the soul as eternal yet the soul was created by God and if a person does not wish to be with God eternally

I think it is a leap to say that just because we receive a physical body at the resurrection of the dead we will have intercourse with out former wives, glorification suggests perfection even as Christ was perfect and we just don't know it looks on the other side because the ENTIRE church awaits it's RESURRECTION.

I know this raises other questions like what does God do with the "dead" while they await their glorified bodies at the resurrection, but I think unless you ask I will time out for now...
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Indentured servants get to leave at some point. Apparently that’s not the case for these women.

“20 Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.
    26 An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye. (Fair trade, right? I lose sight forever, & you lose a slave; even-stevens)
    27 And an owner who knocks out the tooth of a male or female slave must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth.”

So any body part not specifically mentioned there is up for beating. Commendable by slavery standards, though.

Assertion, no proof.

Another assertion with no proof.

Do you not see how this is completely circular?

1. The Bible tells us that it is the word of God.
    2. The word of God is infallible.
    3. Therefore the Bible is infallible.
    4. And as such, the Bible must be the word of God.
    5. The word of God is infallible.
    6. Therefore the Bible is infallible.
    7. And...

"1. The order and magnificence of the world is evidence of God's Creation.
    2. Therefore, we know that God exists.

Here, it is assumed that God exists in order to satisfy the premise that "God's Creation" is evidence of his existence. There is no standalone argument here that connects existence to God's creation except the conclusion, which is that God exists. Note the slight structural differences in the argument to simple circular reasoning - the order of the world isn't implied by God's existence, but trying to use it as evidence of God's existence must assume he exists in the first place."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

Homosexual: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex. It doesn't define them as a person, but it does define their gayness.

Sure they could’ve. Doesn’t mean I find it any less repugnant.

Here is a man willing to murder his own brother for his ideology. Lord knows what else your capable of. I should’ve changed the scenario to being excommunicated & banished from the country rather than being put to death yourself because then it becomes an issue of self-preservation, but I doubt it matters as you’d still have chosen to stone your brother to death.

You know they ought to add some fine-print to that “Thou shalt not kill” commandment.

It fascinates me how many 'Christ'ians are more concerned with having picked the 'correct' religion rather than trying to emulate the behavior of Jesus. You're more concerned with being the religion about Jesus rather than the religion of Jesus; as Watts would say.
    So freakin sadly true - about Christians

But I entirely disagree with Watts nonetheless
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Heaven
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Let me start by saying I'm more spiritual than religious. I don't know what to believe nor am I looking to be swayed either way. I just want to hear other opinions on what Heaven might be like. It is something we share together? Is it an individual experience? Is it bologna?

Any views would be great
    Bologna, Italy has the identical flag to England. Even Muslim women revere St George.
    No, Heaven isn't bologna. But Bologna isn't Jannah either.
    Quote Quote