Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Colts Want to Reunite Sean Smith with Vontae?

1. -21
    That Guy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Korea for now
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What hole why cant we get a better FA CB since there are many out there for about the same money as we would pay S.Smith? What is Grimes and the like looking for?
    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE JUST IMPROBABLE

But you knew that, just had something stupid in your mouth that had to come out.[/QUOTE] -somebody
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So I take it that no one in the Colts front office was there when Smith embarrassed himself against the Colts in that game last year? Ty Hilton's go-ahead TD? Doesn't ring any bells? Sean Smith's career nutshell in one play? Didn't see that?

hahahahahahahah
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm going to call it now. If we let Sean Smith walk, it's going to bite us in the ass. We simply don't have the resources to replace 2 starting WRs, starting TE, starting LT/RT, 2 starting CBs, and whatever else everyone wants to let walk because how dare they not play for the vet minimum. Smith is a competant CB who has had success against high-end WRs in this league. You don't replace that so easily...
    Amen.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    We have become so mediocre fans beg to keep average players that are a liability
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People who think letting Smith walk is a good idea due to him not being elite is idiotic. We have ZERO depth a corner and Smith, while not being lock down nor a game changer at this point, is still head and shoulders better than any of our other options this off-season. Smith has a big frame, can run, and is a guy we need to match up against the bigger more physical wr's. If Smith walks via FA for 8mill per somewhere else it will haunt us for years. He's only 25 and has already garnered so much valuable experience. The guy is still developing and his ceiling is astronomical. He could very well develop into an elite cb over the next few seasons. Another thing I don't understand is why so many poster's on here have sooooo much hate for him. I mean he played very solid for us last season. Did he have some harsh moments? sure did but name me one corner in football anywhere who didnt get beat a few times..... That happens. Also yeah he may not hit like a freight train like Vontae but when he gets his hands one you you go down. According to PFF he had a great percentage of making tackles. Granted PFF is not a extremely valuable source but still they do their research.

In conclusion.... If those of you that want Smith gone get their wish, they will be filled with regret down the road. Smith is the best corner available to us this league year maybe other than Milliner. And that would call for a huge trade up.

We cant afford to lose Smith, period. Pay they man 8mill per and cut Marshall ($4mill per) and Patterson($4mill per). Then let Caroll, McCann, and multiple draft picks compete for the other boundary. We have so many holes and can fill a huge one right here locking down our very good but not spectacular yet still developing #1 CB.

I can't seriously be the only one who feeels this way?

BTW The colts were foolish for trading for VD but they are dead on trying to nab Smith.
    Boom Goes the Dynamite!
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    So I take it that no one in the Colts front office was there when Smith embarrassed himself against the Colts in that game last year? Ty Hilton's go-ahead TD? Doesn't ring any bells? Sean Smith's career nutshell in one play? Didn't see that?

hahahahahahahah
    And if you actually rewatch that play... Smith had responsibility elswhere yet he made the read and floated back to cut that route off from the backside. It was actually great diagnosis by him... He failed to make the play on the ball granted... But that was not a "horrid" play as so many fans on here seem to think.
    And he had far fewer moments like that than he did had moments like 2 int's against Fitz.. one of the games best
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As it looks right now, our starting CB's will be Patterson and Marshall. Not because of talent but because of price tags. Each is making over 4 million so no way we pay those two and invest 8 million in a third corner.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Amen.
    I agree a new hole is created bug realistically it will take multiple drafts to fill all of them. You have unrealistic expectations if you think we can fill them all with this one Draft.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Chris McCain Should Start

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller
    Sean Smith is our biggest hole in the Secondary?!?!?! Have you guys seen Nolan Carroll play before??? How about Richard Marshall? You guys wouldn't know a good DB if it was staring you in the face and you had the #12 overall pick in the draft... neither would Jeff Ireland for that matter.

We have one of the worst secondary in the league. And it isn't because of Smith.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    The Futures of the NFL

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smith will leave and become that shut down corner. Bank it. Its how it always goes down. They play in miami and suck then leave and become great and vice versa. Smith is a good cover corner. Now when you ask him to play zone then he becomes a liability. A lot of people on this board just watch the football game instead of actually analyzing the play. This isnt baseball where no matter where the ball is hit or who its hit too, every player already knows their assignment. Letting sean smith walk is just plain stupid (unless we sign grimes or cox) other than that you dont let him walk. Even if we plan to go after milliner.
    1. Sign Mike Wallace
    2. Resign Smith, Hartline, Starks, & Fasano.
    3. Draft CB Rd. 1
    4. Draft FS & "Seam Threat" TE Rd. 2
    5. Draft WR & DE Rd. 3
    6. Draft LB

Hater's shake my hand, but i keep that sanitizer on DECK!

Quote Quote