Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Colts Want to Reunite Sean Smith with Vontae?

  1. -51
    DolfanISS's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    7,775
    vCash:
    7508
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys kill me. You think we'll be able to pick Davs and Smith apart? It will pale in comparisom to what Luck would do to Marshall and Carroll. Lets get upgrades before we celebrate! But hey at least we'll save some money. Maybe we will all get a piece of the savings. I'll be checking my mailbox for letters from the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    finfan54's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,143
    vCash:
    13369
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ah the grass is always greener effect! always comes around every offseason.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    finfan54's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,143
    vCash:
    13369
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    You guys kill me. You think we'll be able to pick Davs and Smith apart? It will pale in comparisom to what Luck would do to Marshall and Carroll. Lets get upgrades before we celebrate! But hey at least we'll save some money. Maybe we will all get a piece of the savings. I'll be checking my mailbox for letters from the Dolphins.
    jordan poyer would make you forget about smith in no time. and he is a second rounder too.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    933
    vCash:
    1651
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would the Colts overpay for Smith? They had to see firsthand how bad our secondary was this year when Luck threw for 800 yards against us.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,565
    vCash:
    759
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    And you know for sure all these FAs will sign with Miami? And you know for sure those corners will be available in the second? And you do realize that all these FAs you want to sign will demand contracts similar to, or much bigger than, the ones Miami's FAs want? There are a lot of ifs there. Seems awful stupid to hedge your bets on a significant amount of chance. What's that quote about the best laid plans of mice and men?

    Your plan relies on moving up for a rookie corner, and signing a journeyman out of Jacksonville to "solidify" our defensive backfield. Or we go with 2 rookie corners again, and take a pass rusher in the second. We then sign Dwight Freeney (who'll most likely want to sign with a contender seeing as he only has a few seasons left) who has lost a step to "fix" our pass rush. For WR, we sign the big FA we are all anticipating, and take the best WR available to us in the third. We re-sign Jake Long, and what about TE?

    In your plan, with our 5 picks in the top 100, we have 3 defenders and a WR. The only addition to our offense, one of the worst in the league, is a Greg/Jennings and a 3rd round WR. Our secondary is being manned by a rookie and a journeyman corner, or 2 rookies, and our new passrusher is 36 and past his prime, or a rookie who is sliding down draft boards. I don't see how we've improved much in this plan. Our offense is about the same, our secondary got younger and less experienced, and our passrush probably hasn't changed much, depending on what Freeney has left in the tank or how quickly the rookie adapts. I'm sorry man, but that would be an absolutely horrible offseason. One that would cost Ireland his job...
    I forgot, you know everything bro. Notice how nearly every one of your responses you act like your opinion is fact, so you're telling me it's a risk drafting and signing free agents....uhh....DUH? You asked me how I'd fix the pass rush situation and I go with a signing a future HOFer in Freeney with a rookie as a back up plan. However, somehow SEAN SMITH is automatically better (who has ZERO upside after 4 seasons) than the best corner in the draft and a solid 2nd rounder. Tight end? I thought it was obvious to hit on one in free agency, I'd push hard for Keller since Jared Cook seems a likely candidate for Tennessee's franchise tag.

    If we don't land Keller/Cook/Bennet, I would pull out another year with Fasano and Clay one more year. We have the 2nd youngest team in the league, we can't fix every position in one offseason. This way if we lose out on a solid option at TE this offseason, we can roll with one higher on our priorities next season as we filled others holes of need. So does signing Jennings also seem a bad deal to you? Make no mistake I'd see what kind of contract Wallace would demand and negotiate with him as well. Hell, if I'm GM, I would heavily pursue a deal where I could land both Jennings/Wallace. Jennings as a receiver who could hit the middle, win battles in the air, become a mis-match, and terrorize the opponents in open field with his shiftiness, and Wallace to add the pure speed element to the offense to keep defenses on edge, not being able to cram the line of scrimmage like they do now since our offense has no one to respect as a true homerun threat.

    To be honest, you don't seem like you agree with anyone. Can you not feel enlightened by others opinions without implying that yours are concrete with facts? I'm not trying to slam you for thinking otherwise, just engaging in debate.



    "Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,676
    vCash:
    3456
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    I forgot, you know everything bro. Notice how nearly every one of your responses you act like your opinion is fact, so you're telling me it's a risk drafting and signing free agents....uhh....DUH? You asked me how I'd fix the pass rush situation and I go with a signing a future HOFer in Freeney with a rookie as a back up plan. However, somehow SEAN SMITH is automatically better (who has ZERO upside after 4 seasons) than the best corner in the draft and a solid 2nd rounder. Tight end? I thought it was obvious to hit on one in free agency, I'd push hard for Keller since Jared Cook seems a likely candidate for Tennessee's franchise tag.

    If we don't land Keller/Cook/Bennet, I would pull out another year with Fasano and Clay one more year. We have the 2nd youngest team in the league, we can't fix every position in one offseason. This way if we lose out on a solid option at TE this offseason, we can roll with one higher on our priorities next season as we filled others holes of need. So does signing Jennings also seem a bad deal to you? Make no mistake I'd see what kind of contract Wallace would demand and negotiate with him as well. To be honest, you don't seem like you agree with anyone. Can you not feel enlightened by others opinions without implying that yours are concrete with facts? I'm not trying to slam you for thinking otherwise, just engaging in debate.


    Damn man, clean the sand out of your vag. It's making you grumpy. Seeing as I hardly post in this forum, because of responses like yours, I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that I don't agree with anyone. The only fact I stated is that if we let every single one of our FAs walk, like this board wants to do, we'd have far too many holes to fill. Oh, and I pointed out that all you did to improve the offense was sign Jennings/Wallace and draft a WR in the 3rd, which I find odd because Ireland has taken WRs in the third before, yet this fanbase still says he undervalues the position. That would lead me to believe if the first offensive player taken in this draft is the third round, the fanbase will riot.

    So you acknowledge my general point in your second paragraph (we'd have too many holes to fill in one offseason if we let all our FAs walk), yet continue to argue? If you agree with my point, then what you're arguing is that you don't like Sean Smith/think he's asking too much/like another FA better? So then say so. But then you'll have to acknowledge that the FA corners available are going to ask for similar contracts to the one Smith will eventually get, so your real beef is with Smith himself and not the money...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,588
    vCash:
    1479
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzlingFins04 View Post
    given the simple fact that you took wes welker and rob ninkovich in your post so that excluded 2 people off the "top of my head" if i actually spent time i could probably nail about 5 more. I also never said they became "studs" somewhere else i simply stated the fact that once someone plays here and move on to somewhere else it always seems as they perform better for other organizations rather than ours.

    in other words they under achieve while with us and then over achieve after they've left us.
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzlingFins04 View Post
    Smith will leave and become that shut down corner. Bank it. Its how it always goes down. They play in miami and suck then leave and become great and vice versa.
    No, you declared they would become great. Remind me again who's arguing analogies?

    And yes, in the time span of 13 years(the length you brought up in your examples) you found 4 apt examples. Somewhat apt anyways. A special teams player, slot receiver, rotational linebacker, and an admittedly good pass rusher. Well done. Still not sure how that qualifies as "always", or can be used as proof that Smith will become a shut down corner.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,565
    vCash:
    759
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post


    Damn man, clean the sand out of your vag. It's making you grumpy. Seeing as I hardly post in this forum, because of responses like yours, I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that I don't agree with anyone. The only fact I stated is that if we let every single one of our FAs walk, like this board wants to do, we'd have far too many holes to fill. Oh, and I pointed out that all you did to improve the offense was sign Jennings/Wallace and draft a WR in the 3rd, which I find odd because Ireland has taken WRs in the third before, yet this fanbase still says he undervalues the position. That would lead me to believe if the first offensive player taken in this draft is the third round, the fanbase will riot.

    So you acknowledge my general point in your second paragraph (we'd have too many holes to fill in one offseason if we let all our FAs walk), yet continue to argue? If you agree with my point, then what you're arguing is that you don't like Sean Smith/think he's asking too much/like another FA better? So then say so. But then you'll have to acknowledge that the FA corners available are going to ask for similar contracts to the one Smith will eventually get, so your real beef is with Smith himself and not the money...
    You barely post on this forum with near 8,000 posts? Mmkay. You know my stance on Randy Starks? Clemons? Fasano? Resign all of them. Somehow you jump to conclusions and the logic that since I want Smith gone, I want the same to all our other free agents? Lol @ your "argument". You lose all credibility with me when you say " all you did to improve the offense was sign Jennings/Wallace". Yeah, we know those players are minimal upgrades at best. Oh, by the way that is sarcasm, thought I'd have to directly inform you of that.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,676
    vCash:
    3456
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    You barely post on this forum with near 8,000 posts? Mmkay. You know my stance on Randy Starks? Clemons? Fasano? Resign all of them. Somehow you jump to conclusions and the logic that since I want Smith gone, I want the same to all our other free agents? Lol @ your "argument". You lose all credibility with me when you say " all you did to improve the offense was sign Jennings/Wallace". Yeah, we know those players are minimal upgrades at best.
    Yup, barely post in this forum. I'd say 95% of those 8,000 posts are in the Lounge, PoFO, and VIP forums.

    Apparently my point has gone over your head. My original post said the forum wants to let all the FAs walk, not AFCMiamiEast wants all the FAs to walk. There is a different thread for every single one of Miami's FAs, each one saying they want to much and we should let them walk. I started responding to you because you quoted me. See the difference? Understand my point, now? Perhaps it was my mistake for combing my original point with my responses to you. I had assumed you knew what I was getting at...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    7,552
    vCash:
    25292
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trading Vontae was a mistake, but I don't see the need to compound that mistake by giving Sean Smith money he hasn't earned and never will earn. If letting Smith walk is going to decimate our secondary... then that just shows it was a mistake to trade Vontae. If you're going to do a thing like that it should be part of a larger plan with depth ready to step up, not some ad hoc thing that leaves your dangle in the wind.

    My first option would be to look into signing Derek Cox. He's got the biggest boom to bust ratio (with his injury history), but when healthy he's a legitimate corner in the league. I'm also intrigued with Tracy Porter. My understanding is he has some injury concerns also, but he also has top flight ability. Whatever we do there's no guarantees, and that includes taking Milliner, Banks or Rhodes. Kevin Coyle had a remarkable record turning chicken **** into chicken soup at corner in Cincinnati, so all there is to do is hope he can put something together that will get us through at least this year, not that this year is going to be any more spectacular than last year.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Vontae or Sean Smith?
    By clutch23 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 04:08 PM
  2. The Sean Smith/ Vontae Davis Bet
    By Ricky'sWeinerBong in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 01:09 PM
  3. Vontae & Sean Smith impress at OTA
    By sensation24 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 06:06 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 04:50 PM
  5. Vontae and Sean Smith...who are they comparable to?
    By dolphinator86 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 10:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •