Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: This year's NFL 2013 draft for the Dolphins...

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

This year's NFL 2013 draft for the Dolphins...

seems like all the experts are bashing the talent pool this year. I have never seen experts (so called) really downgrade this years draft class and one of the most talent-less drafts the NFL has had in a while. Really? Talent-Less? Mayock you a fool! What is everyones opinions on this? It's only fitting miami has so many draft picks, yet we are in a year where the draft is not great...
    Last edited by xSxPxHx; 02-19-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: spell check (maylock)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do nt despair, all will be o.k. Why, I will tell you....

This is the "lull" time of year, before free agency and the draft.

There is never much hype on a draft class at this point, with the possible exception of a cant-miss star like luck creating salivating GM's.

When will the hype start? At the combine, when we start talking 40 times, vertical jump, strength etc. People will rise and the stock will start to shine...as it always does.

Just wait for the combine and the fireworks will begin, guaranteed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wouldn't be the first time. we have needed a franchise QB since danny retired. we get the 2nd overall pick in 2005 and Alex Smith goes #1 and Ronnie Brown is the BPA (at the time). in 2008 we get the 1st overall pick and there is no consensus franchise QB (read: Andrew Luck) so we go with the BPA, Jake Long. I am not saying that we won't be able to draft excellent players this year, but it is par for the course that we would have loaded up on extra picks on a down year. it seems like we've been eff'd since the 90's around here.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Seems like it is always a "weak draft class" at this time of year. Once the combine and pro days start, players will get hyped up and it won't be that weak anymore. Just watch, I bet that happens.

One position that is a consensus weak position is at quarterback which makes me even more happy that we got Tannehill last year. Also is good that the Bills and Jets are in the market for a new QB this offseason when the pickings are slim.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The depth of this class - especially at some of our need positions - is better than usual. It's a good year to have extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bradenton, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

This year's NFL 2013 draft for the Dolphins...

I don't think MM said it was a down year. In fact I believe he said this year the draft is very deep across the board. What he said is there is not very many elite, can't miss type prospects at the top of the draft. Which for me means if he's available at 12 Warmack is our guy. Loads of good Wr's and CBs gonna be available rounds 2-4
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think this draft is weak at the top of the draft, lots of value in the 10-50 range... which benefits us. I'd hate to be in KC's position right now
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    The depth of this class - especially at some of our need positions - is better than usual. It's a good year to have extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd.
    Exactly what I was going to say. There are quite a few good pass-rushers this year that could compliment Wake perfectly, the Receiver position may not have a can't miss superstar, but extremely deep with good to very good players, there are also quite a few TE's that will fall into the 2nd, 3rd, or possibly 4th round that will be good players. Even at corner and safety, there will be good players in the 2nd and probably 3rd round.

A team that has a load of picks, and does a good job of evaluating this years crop, will come out with a lot to be happy with.
    Quote Quote