Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mock offseason and draft

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want no part of Hartline. He trips on every play. Sign Wallace and draft Patterson.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    I want no part of Hartline. He trips on every play. Sign Wallace and draft Patterson.
    I agree that we should sign Wallace. But We know what we have in Hartline. He's a No. 2. It doesn't make sense to let him walk and then draft an unproven player in the first round for something that we know we already have. I'd rather give Hartline 5MM per year than waste time and money on someone who might be a number two receiver. ... Maybe I'm being conservative but I've seen too many Patrick Turners and Ted Ginns to let potential screw up what could be a great receiving corps (with the addition of a top free agent wide receiver).
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscarter View Post
    I agree that we should sign Wallace. But We know what we have in Hartline. He's a No. 2. It doesn't make sense to let him walk and then draft an unproven player in the first round for something that we know we already have. I'd rather give Hartline 5MM per year than waste time and money on someone who might be a number two receiver. ... Maybe I'm being conservative but I've seen too many Patrick Turners and Ted Ginns to let potential screw up what could be a great receiving corps (with the addition of a top free agent wide receiver).

I understand that you are being wary of drafting a wr with no nfl experience. Luck hasn't been on the Dolphins side lately for rookie wr's but I think this year's crop will change that. There are a handful of good receivers out there and with Hartline, I could see him signing elsewhere because he will most likely get more money some where else imo.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    I understand that you are being wary of drafting a wr with no nfl experience. Luck hasn't been on the Dolphins side lately for rookie wr's but I think this year's crop will change that. There are a handful of good receivers out there and with Hartline, I could see him signing elsewhere because he will most likely get more money some where else imo.
    check out my mock on the main forum, you'll enjoy

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

or just read my sig lol
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance29 View Post
    From our own guys I would resign long, Hartline, Clemons, Fasano, tag Starks, and restructure d. Patterson and Marshall (if not then release)

In Free agency I first target Mike Wallace he'd be the first guy I bring in when Fa opens and don't let him leave. Jennings is the second option here. I also bring in either Keller or Bennett.

In the Draft I go BPA at 12 unless Millner somehow slips I think we are looking at Warmack with this pick. I know alot of people would be enraged here but hear me out. We fixed our wr and te positions thru Fa, and this move shores up our weakest spot left on offense rg. With this move we have one of the better olines in the league for the next 10 years led by pouncey, Warmack, and Martin. Also Warmack comes in and starts and plays at a pro bowl level ala mike pouncey day one PERIOD!!

With our next four picks I go highest rated player available at cb, wr, de, lb.

We had ourselves a playoff defense last year and outside of TN. We were in every game. The difference in wins and losses all came down to scoring more points. This offseason and mock draft greatly improves our offense as well as keeps most of our starting defense from last year intact. With Wallace, Keller, Warmack, and a HEALTHY Jake Long we win at least four more games!! Let me know what y'all think
    This is pretty much the strategy of how I feel Ireland should go as well. I think it best upgrades this team all around.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    check out my mock on the main forum, you'll enjoy

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

or just read my sig lol
    I am in agreement with you that two wr's need to be drafted in the first 2 or 3 rounds. We need to right off the bat. Not a bad mock at all
    Quote Quote