Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Buzz: Mike Mayock breaks down the Miami Dolphins options at 12th pick

1. -1
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft NFL Draft Buzz: Mike Mayock breaks down the Miami Dolphins options at 12th pick

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...-at-12th-pick/

Mayock and his thoughts on the Dolphin's draft strategy at #12.

Small excerpt:

"Mike Mayock of the NFL Network held a 2 ½ hour conference call with media on Monday to discuss the prospects in this April’s NFL Draft. A few of his answers related to the Dolphins and the No. 12 pick:
    * It’s a little hard to know what the Dolphins should do at 12 without knowing what they will first do in free agency, but Mayock said the Dolphins should have one general principle:
    “All I know is you better start supporting that young quarterback,” Mayock said, referencing Ryan Tannehill. “And the best way to do that is either at wideout or O-line. I think the O-line options are going to be a heck of a lot safer than the wide receiver options at 12.”
    Offensive line will only be a priority if LT Jake Long leaves in free agency, although the Dolphins do have options already on the team in Will Yeatman and potentially Nate Garner, who is a free agent. But this is a great year for offensive tackles, with at least six projected to go in the first round.
    Receiver will certainly be a priority one way or another – many expect the Dolphins to sign at least one in free agency and use at least one high draft pick on another – and Mayock, like ESPN’s Mel Kiper, believes that Tennessee’s Cordarrelle Patterson could be the Dolphins’ pick at 12.
    Mayock loves Patterson’s measurables – 6-3, 205 and expected to run in the 4.4s at the Combine – but is a bit wary of him because he only played one year of major college football, after spending two years in junior college.
    “He might be one of the 10 best physical specimens in this class,” Mayock said. “I think he’s going to run real fast. When you put the tape on, he takes your breath away with the ability to make plays, especially after he gets the ball in his hands.”
    “The problem is he’s got one year Division I experience after two years at a JC. That’s a red flag for me, especially at the receiver position. There’s a bunch of those guys that have failed over the past 20 years. So you’ve got to do your homework on him off the field, work ethic, all those things, because talent-wise, he fits.”
    Mayock also believes that Cal’s Keenan Allen could compare favorably to Baltimore’s Anquan Boldin, but will likely be picked in the 20s unless he has an unexpectedly good 40 run at the Combine.
    * If the Dolphins don’t go with a receiver or offensive tackle with their first pick, they could look to add another pass rusher to complement Cameron Wake, Jared Odrick and Olivier Vernon. Several pass rushers are projected to go in the top 20 – Texas A&M’s Damontre Moore and FSU’s Bjorn Werner are expected to go in the top five, plus BYU’s Ziggy Ansah, LSU’s Barkevious Mingo and Oregon’s Dion Jordan – but Mayock isn’t thrilled with the group.
    “I’m not as high on these guys as some people are,” Mayock said. “I don’t think Bjorn Werner and Damontre Moore are top 10 players.”
    Ansah would most likely be the pick at 12, although Mayock believes there is good value at defensive end in the second round with Texas’ Alex Okafor, LSU’s Sam Montgomery and FSU’s Tank Carradine, who tore his ACL in November but “probably had first-round talent. … Somebody’s going to get a steal with this kid,” Mayock said."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Offensive line only becomes a priority if Long leaves?

Clearly Mayock hasnt been watching our previous drafts.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cornfed maybe?
    Thank God Sparano isn't here.
    Ireland has a chance for redemption, possibly his last chance.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He forgot one very possible outcome for our #12 pick. We might just trade away. /cry
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for getting it right. O line is #1 priority, if not O line then pass rusher or D back or safety. WR no way not in the first, not at all use a top pick. Keep it in the trenches

perfect1,dantheman#1fan
    Like Father Like Son BABY!!!!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we can turn this number 12 pick into a player like Fitzgerald I think we trade it. Plenty of talent in 2 and 3, lets get a proven superstar and avoid the gamble at 12.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Defensive end, wide receiver or corner should be our options not a stinky offensive cornfed lineman.

[QUOTE]Thanks for getting it right. O line is #1 priority, if not O line then pass rusher or D back or safety. WR no way not in the first, not at all use a top pick. Keep it in the trenches /QUOTE]

oh my gawd.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think trading down is a good option, although I would probably take Cordarrelle Patterson at #12 if he is still on the board. If we move down a few spots and can pick up an extra second or third rounder, we would have six picks in the first three rounds.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trading down isnt gonna happen no elite players in this draft that teams are gonna trade up for
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trade down looking like the best option after reading that, pick up an extra 2nd and then have even more ammunition to fill quite a few holes.
    Quote Quote