Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Buzz: Mike Mayock breaks down the Miami Dolphins options at 12th pick

1. -11
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
    He forgot one very possible outcome for our #12 pick. We might just trade away. /cry
    Believe it or not, I actually think that sliding back may be the way to go, depending on how the cards are dealt.
    If we get the big-name WR in FA, then I would be all for trading back and picking up Steadman Bailey WR.

That would give us a hell of a WR corps, and would give us even more ammo for rounds 2 and 3. And that, gentlemen, would really change the face of this team for many years to come.

Youth, holes filled, and the occasional "chance" taken on a boom/bust player or 2. Honeybadger anyone?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    BIG_FISH_RI

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The best bet would be to take a Tackle at 12 and then address the rest of the needs in the later rounds. I have some reall issues with Pattereson @ 12. Not his on the field performance although he only played 1 year of major D1 ball and is extremely raw but the off the field stuff. JUCO kid??? 2 years? IDK. I listened to him in an interview and he just didn't come off as an mature young man that you would want to put in South Beach with Millions of dollars in his pocket and then expect for him to give you 100% and contribute right away.... JUST MY 2 cents. I could be totally wrong.

The wise pick is an Olineman but EVERYBODY would be calling for Jeff's head and he is almost forced to make a flashy pick.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG_FISH_RI View Post
    The best bet would be to take a Tackle at 12 and then address the rest of the needs in the later rounds. I have some reall issues with Pattereson @ 12. Not his on the field performance although he only played 1 year of major D1 ball and is extremely raw but the off the field stuff. JUCO kid??? 2 years? IDK. I listened to him in an interview and he just didn't come off as an mature young man that you would want to put in South Beach with Millions of dollars in his pocket and then expect for him to give you 100% and contribute right away.... JUST MY 2 cents. I could be totally wrong.

The wise pick is an Olineman but EVERYBODY would be calling for Jeff's head and he is almost forced to make a flashy pick.
    You may be right on Patterson, I just don't know. He does smell slightly of Ginn.

However, a lot hangs on FA. If we don't get a proven wideout, then we gotta grab one (with upside potential), EARLY
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I honestly would love to trade down and acquire more picks only if the guy that Ireland and Philbin want isn't there. You never know a guy could fall right on our laps at 12. Bjorn Werner?? Milliner??

HOTTEST OWNERS IN THE GAME!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ehhhh.....
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Trade back and have 6 picks in the first three rounds. Double up at WR , CB and pass rusher. Get your beef through free agency or in later rounds.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Stop saying we should trade down, it takes two to tango and we will be left without a partner. We will be picking at 12. Period.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd imagine there's a lot more interest in high draft picks these days with the tighter salary controls. Finding a trade partner shouldn't be too difficult, especially if one of those uber-athletic OLB/DE types falls.

It would be funny to see the fanbase crucify Ireland if he went with some unsexy pick like Fisher or Warmack.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    I'd imagine there's a lot more interest in high draft picks these days with the tighter salary controls. Finding a trade partner shouldn't be too difficult, especially if one of those uber-athletic OLB/DE types falls.

It would be funny to see the fanbase crucify Ireland if he went with some unsexy pick like Fisher or Warmack.
    I think you mean when he goes with one of those.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Stench of the Iron Age (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVlkgT4RCzo
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    trade back and choose quantity over quality...yeah no thanks on that...lets for once shoot for the stars and take the premium talent instead of letting someone else come up in our place for it

all we do is complain about a lack of elite players on the roster and difference makers to get us over the hump and we have 5 picks in the first 90 and people want to trade down...hells no
    Quote Quote