Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Mike Wallace worth a $60 million contract from the Dolphins?

1. -41
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not for 60 mill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perfect1,dantheman#1fan
    Like Father Like Son BABY!!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    $60 mill i hope its for 60 years .i dont think he is a top 5 or even top 10 WR.he just so happens to be a FA the year there is no clear cut #1 in the draft and a week FA class of WR.i know he is younger than the other top 2 FA such as Bowe and Jennings but is he head over heels better than them???
    Oh yeah, that's not even close. This guy does like 1 to 2 things that a top 10 WR does. He's completely useless in every other area. Talk about flushing money down the toilet if we sign him at that price.
    If we sign him, people will be complaining halfway through the year about why he isn't scoring TD's (like he did in Pitt).
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRojas4 View Post
    I see Hakeem Nicks doesnt get much respsect.
    Hard to get respect when your never on the field... guy will likely miss 2-3 games every year because of injuries
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Not worth it. (so many Wallace threads, I realize I'm repeating myself)

He's in the midst of a really disappointing, unproductive 24-game stretch - he's had only 2 100-yd games in that span. In the last 8 games of 2011: 29catches for 393yds and 3tds; followed up in their playoff game catching 3 balls (on 10 targets) for 26yds. And 2012 was easily his worst statistical year, which happened to come in his only season in a west-coast offense. He struggled in a system similar to ours. He's not a chain mover in this offense: in 2012 only 49% of his catches got 1st-downs (down from 71+% in each of his prior years). Over the last season and a half, he has just been unreliable. Steeler fans can't wait to be rid of him. I'd much prefer a versatile, tougher go-to guy on 3rd downs - Jennings.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ers-wr-in-2013
    But in his WORST statistical year he put up better numbers than ALL OF OUR RECEIVERS and more TD's than all of them combined. His worst statistical season 64 catches 836 yards and 8 TD was not that far off from Jennings BEST season 80-1292-9TD last year Jennings stats were 36-366-4 and if you want to say yea but he was hurt then the year before that his stats were 67-949-9 which isn't that much better than Wallace's "Down Year" so give me a 26 year old TD playmaker over a 30 year old playmaker. Just saying.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anvil35 View Post
    Add to the team through the draft. Anyone ask why Pittsburgh isnt resigning him??
    Because they can't afford him now! Why not bring up the FACT they they offered him 55mil last year that he declined. If they thought he was not worth it they wouldn't have offered it. Just saying.
    Last edited by JTech194; 02-20-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    And Vincent Jackson did so much to elevate the Bucs to an elite level. They went 7-9........wait a sec, that's the same records as the WR challenged Dolphins. I think some of you get seduced by a player's potential and never stop to consider whether he will blend seamlessly into the offense. I would like to see Wallace or Jennings with the Phins. However, it has to be for a mutually beneficial deal.
    Its a team game. And Vincent Jackson had 72 catches 1384 yards and TD for TB last year, Those numbers are worth every dime he got paid.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Wallace is good but at what? he runs 9 routes and reverses, I would love to have him and Stedman Bailey is the best receiver in this draft, if he gets to the 2nd round I would be shocked, he should have a 1st round grade on him. Go get him dolphins.
    Absolutely correct. People are sleeping on Stedman Bailey...i see him and Steve Smith of the Panthers comes immediately to mind. Has that South Florida swagger to him too..
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if we had vincent jackson last year we would have definitely gotten a wild card birth, easily ten wins.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdrover View Post
    Look at HOW Wallace has gotten those gaudy numbers.

We aren't going to have Rothlisburgher running around, EATING sacks and heaving the ball 60 yards every 10 plays.

I hate to see the fins continue to make the same mistakes in free agency.

Look at how the teams that go to and WIN the superbowl deal with free agency and WR's.

This^^

We are not one receiver away from a championship.... We have a TON of holes on our team and throwing 60+Mill at one player is not plausible. It's outright ridiculous.

Look at the Champs of the past decade or so. Tell me 1 team that has went and paid top dollar for 1 receiver? Let me save you the time and research to tell you that there isn't a championship team that has done that... You build through the draft and you use free agency to pick up affordable pieces to fill some depth and maybe a starter or 2, IF they fit.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS!MATEO View Post
    This^^

We are not one receiver away from a championship.... We have a TON of holes on our team and throwing 60+Mill at one player is not plausible. It's outright ridiculous.

Look at the Champs of the past decade or so. Tell me 1 team that has went and paid top dollar for 1 receiver? Let me save you the time and research to tell you that there isn't a championship team that has done that... You build through the draft and you use free agency to pick up affordable pieces to fill some depth and maybe a starter or 2, IF they fit.
    They have to spend the money somewhere and unfortunately ireland does not have the time to rely on draft picks to make the playoffs next year. He'll sign Wallace or the next best thing. Guaranteed

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Absolutely correct. People are sleeping on Stedman Bailey...i see him and Steve Smith of the Panthers comes immediately to mind. Has that South Florida swagger to him too..
    Sooo sign wallace and draft baily,
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Player

No team is going to pay such a high salary. I do care how good the guy is, $60,000,000 dollars is ridiculously. Mike Wallace will get tons of money for sure but 60 million? Nah. Wake up Mike and smell some reality. You're asking too high a price.

Now it's 60 million for how many years? - - >
    Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything. Larry Csonka

Quote Quote