Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Need Help... Is Wallace >>> B. Marshall was?

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Czonka39's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    1,501
    vCash:
    8903
    Loc:
    Louisville Ky
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Need Help... Is Wallace >>> B. Marshall was?

    Would appreciate some input.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    kvado16's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,040
    vCash:
    1420
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nope not even close. However he's less of a diva so there's a bright side.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Smith21's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    1,783
    vCash:
    1772
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Brandon Marshall had 4019 yards and 25 td's after 4 years
    Mike Wallace Has 4032 yards and 32 td's after 4 years

    I would say its close, Brandon Marshall is more Physical and can play any where on the field because of his this.. Mike Wallace can play any where on the field Because every corner has to respect his speed and cant bump him, They are totally different receivers. Imo Wallace and Brandon Marshall would be a great DUO. totally different receivers though. I'd take either guy if i was a GM. Both Deserve #1 receiver money.. 10-12 mil a year is what it sounds like.. sign the guy up.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    kvado16's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,040
    vCash:
    1420
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith21 View Post
    Brandon Marshall had 4019 yards and 25 td's after 4 years
    Mike Wallace Has 4032 yards and 32 td's after 4 years

    I would say its close, Brandon Marshall is more Physical and can play any where on the field because of his this.. Mike Wallace can play any where on the field Because every corner has to respect his speed and cant bump him, They are totally different receivers. Imo Wallace and Brandon Marshall would be a great DUO. totally different receivers though. I'd take either guy if i was a GM. Both Deserve #1 receiver money.. 10-12 mil a year is what it sounds like.. sign the guy up.
    And of course you use Marshall's first four years to strengthen your argument, even though Marshall wasn't on the field much his rookie year. How bout you compare Marshall's 2013 season to Mike Wallace's, again not even close. But I agree a Mike Wallace and BMarshall duo would be sick, however thatd be too much money invested into one position.
    Last edited by kvado16; 02-19-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Smith21's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    1,783
    vCash:
    1772
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    And of course you use Marshall's first four years to strengthen your argument, even though Marshall wasn't on the field much his rookie year. How bout you compare Marshall's 2013 season to Mike Wallace's, again not even close.
    Youre right horrible argument, considering Brandon Marshall only caught 20 balls that year compared to Wallace's 39.

    oh yeah and his question has the word "was" in it. so i think the past is relevant.

    its not an argument if he is a top receiver... im not arguing that fact. Wallace #'s say hes up there with Brandon Marshall... if Td's dont matter I guess Brandon Marshall is head and shoulders better.
    How many times has Brandon Marshall laced his shoes in a play off game, does that number matter?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    insomnia411's Avatar
    The world is your's...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    2,910
    vCash:
    2855
    Loc:
    LI, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith21 View Post
    Youre right horrible argument, considering Brandon Marshall only caught 20 balls that year compared to Wallace's 39.

    oh yeah and his question has the word "was" in it. so i think the past is relevant.

    its not an argument if he is a top receiver... im not arguing that fact. Wallace #'s say hes up there with Brandon Marshall... if Td's dont matter I guess Brandon Marshall is head and shoulders better.
    How many times has Brandon Marshall laced his shoes in a play off game, does that number matter?
    To address one thing you said, I think we would have made the playoffs with Marshall last year. He would have opened up so much for Hartline and Bush and he would have made Tannehill's life much easier, specifically in the red zone where we sucked. I am still completely at a loss for why he was dumped like that, I've yet to hear a satisfactory explanation.... And no, "he's not a Joe Philbin guy" is not a good enough explanation
    If Brandon Marshall is not a Joe Philbin guy but Brian Hartline is, then Joe Philbin hates touchdowns and sucks at coach.

    "I don't have pet peeves, I have psychotic ****ing hatred"
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Smith21's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    1,783
    vCash:
    1772
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    To address one thing you said, I think we would have made the playoffs with Marshall last year. He would have opened up so much for Hartline and Bush and he would have made Tannehill's life much easier, specifically in the red zone where we sucked. I am still completely at a loss for why he was dumped like that, I've yet to hear a satisfactory explanation.... And no, "he's not a Joe Philbin guy" is not a good enough explanation
    If Brandon Marshall is not a Joe Philbin guy but Brian Hartline is, then Joe Philbin hates touchdowns and sucks at coach.
    Do you know what there redzone scoring percentage was? I feel like it wasnt so much Tannehill being bad in the Redzone as it was they just relied on running the ball because that was our strength.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    royalshank's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,711
    vCash:
    21159
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    To address one thing you said, I think we would have made the playoffs with Marshall last year. He would have opened up so much for Hartline and Bush and he would have made Tannehill's life much easier, specifically in the red zone where we sucked. I am still completely at a loss for why he was dumped like that, I've yet to hear a satisfactory explanation.... And no, "he's not a Joe Philbin guy" is not a good enough explanation
    If Brandon Marshall is not a Joe Philbin guy but Brian Hartline is, then Joe Philbin hates touchdowns and sucks at coach.
    I love it! Agree that we didn't get a good explanation - and probably never will. I don't care that we traded him so much as what we got for him - 2 no 3's for a guy that was neck and neck with Megatron in the NFC in catches and TDs this year? We got a 2nd and 7th for Wes Welker. And here's something to think about - how many SBs have NE won throwing the 100 four yard passes to that guy per game? C'mon Jeff - you can do better than that (the two no 3's)
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    tay0365's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    8,493
    vCash:
    15788
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    To address one thing you said, I think we would have made the playoffs with Marshall last year. He would have opened up so much for Hartline and Bush and he would have made Tannehill's life much easier, specifically in the red zone where we sucked. I am still completely at a loss for why he was dumped like that, I've yet to hear a satisfactory explanation.... And no, "he's not a Joe Philbin guy" is not a good enough explanation
    If Brandon Marshall is not a Joe Philbin guy but Brian Hartline is, then Joe Philbin hates touchdowns and sucks at coach.
    If you go with what he did the year before, Philbin must have also hated elite receivers that dropped TD passes consistently, as well as having a very dangerous personality for a team that needed less not more drama. Marshall is loaded with talent, but Miami was going to end up having to let him go, while getting nothing of him, at least Miami got 2-3rd round picks.

    Was Marshall worth just two 3rd round picks? Talent wise, not even close, but production wise, and drama wise.....take the 2 picks and run very very fast.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    allsilverdreams's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,537
    vCash:
    3084
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insomnia411 View Post
    To address one thing you said, I think we would have made the playoffs with Marshall last year. He would have opened up so much for Hartline and Bush and he would have made Tannehill's life much easier, specifically in the red zone where we sucked. I am still completely at a loss for why he was dumped like that, I've yet to hear a satisfactory explanation.... And no, "he's not a Joe Philbin guy" is not a good enough explanation
    If Brandon Marshall is not a Joe Philbin guy but Brian Hartline is, then Joe Philbin hates touchdowns and sucks at coach.
    i think BM will start his BS next year with the bears and they will prob send him packing the ollowing year .unless he some how turns into a grown man
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 07:53 AM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM
  3. Gibson + Welker > Wallace OR Gibson + Cook > Wallace
    By BenchFiedler in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 08:32 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
  5. The new Marshall Plan: If lockout, Marshall intends to play Basketball
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •