Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: officially joining the mike wallace bandwagon....

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    Wallace should be the #1 taret. Draft Patterson in the 1st rd make him and Wallace, starting wr's with Bess in the slot. Then draft Terence Williams from Baylor and keep Matthews on board from last year. With those wr's, you add size and speed.
    check out my mock titled "does it hurt to dream" on the main forum, you will love it
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    as much as I'm opposed to it.. I think we might be bringing Hartline back.... if Tavon Austin makes it to #42 we run our pick to the comish. I could live with Wallace/ Greg + Hartline + Tavon+ Bess but could u imagine Wallace + Greg + Tavon + Bess....
    WHY GO AFTER ANOTHER SHORT WR in Austin /? THATS WHATS WRONG NOW , we need big fast WRs not short ones , a tall CB can blanket a short WR and theres noway to throw the football over the top of a tall CB when your WR IS SHORTER THAN THE CB THATS ON YOU. I SAY PASS ON AUSTIN . GET BIGGER ,FAST AND REAL SKILL WRs like a megatron tall or fritz with good speed , then we would be in business .

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In this environment where 2/3rds of teams are cutting players, getting primed for the draft and get younger, and only 3 teams, one of which already has a star receiver in Green, will get Wallaces feelings hurt a little IMO.

The league is in salary cap stalemate here. So the two obvious teams are us and Cleveland IMO. Some team will cut players and maybe make a play. Thats fine, let those teams put up that kind of money. Philbin clearly stated he is not going to sign some guy looking for a big contract. So they will bring him in, say he is worth about 10 mil, he will walk, go to cleveland, they will be desperate enough to give this guy all he wants but then he is looking at brandon weedon or whoever the new regime brings. It stinks of a guy who is not really looking to better a football team, but is only looking out for himself. That is not a guy Philbin will bank on. key word being bank.

So Jennings, a humble man making money on old spice commercials, will be sitting close by with Philbin and they will be talking. So I think that Wallace will not be a dolphin in the end. He clearly has made himself to look selfish and today's market is ripe for unselfishness. Some players will get their feelings hurt.

Which is why anyone who balks at Hartline making 5 mil should rethink. He lacked TD's. yeah, but that can change with more power on this offense. Just like Tannehill needs more playmakers, so does Hartline.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Not a fan of Wallace being a phin. He struggled a lot in a his only season in a west-coast offense. Here's a pretty thorough breakdown of how his play has fallen off since the second half of the 2011 season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ers-wr-in-2013

I think Wallace's "struggles" in the west coast offense had more to do with how Ben Roethlisberger played in the west coast offense. Roethlisberger was clearly uncomfortable in it, openly criticizing Todd Haley most of the season. Roetlisberger and Wallace were also injured and different times during the season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I like Jennings
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign Wallace and draft Cordarelle Patterson. Then either sign Jennings or resign Hartline.

Wallace, Jennings, Patterson, Bess would be disgusting.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's so intriguing that we can ALL see that if this coaching group makes the correct choices (no one knows what those are until it all plays out) that our team will be thrust into an "Era of Good Feelings" and we will become competitive once again.
    Jesus, don't ya'll just feel like we are right there at the tipping point?

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rickd13 View Post
    I think Wallace's "struggles" in the west coast offense had more to do with how Ben Roethlisberger played in the west coast offense. Roethlisberger was clearly uncomfortable in it, openly criticizing Todd Haley most of the season. Roetlisberger and Wallace were also injured and different times during the season.
    Ben was an MVP candidate before missing those 3 games. 63%, 3200yds, 26td-8int. That's pretty good for 13 games of being 'uncomfortable'.

And this is not just 2012; Wallace was not productive in the second half of 2011 either. Over the last 8 games of 2011, he caught 29 balls for 393yds and 3tds; then in their playoff game he caught 3 (on 10 targets) for 26yds.

He has not been a reliable player in his last 24 games. He's had only 2 100-yd games in that stretch.

But yea, this is probably a case of: if you like Wallace as a phin, you'll blame his statistical falloff on other people; i'm not a fan of him as a #1 WR, so I blame his recent lack of production mostly on him.
    Last edited by Twitches Brew; 02-20-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At first I thought they should get Wallace, but I have decided that Jennings is a better choice. He is a natural in this offense, there are no character concerns and he'll cost about $3 million less. The age doesn't bother me, neither do the injuries.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am on the Jennings Bandwagon. Wallace is not worth $11-$13 Million
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote