Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: officially joining the mike wallace bandwagon....

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith21 View Post
    heres an idea.. we have a Relatively Cheap QB the next few years. Lets use that extra money to sign both of these guys.
    And you'd still have an offensive line that plays like crap
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just Wallace + Hartline is just not going to cut it.

1) Grab Wallace (and/or Jennings)
    2) Grab Finley or Jared Cook
    3) Draft Patterson in the 1st
    4) Draft the best WR available in the 2nd or 3rd.
    5) Draft O-line and CB's with the other picks (2 - 4) (depending on Long walking or cutting Incgnito)

So we end up with Wallace, Patterson, Rogers/Bailey/Austin/Swope, Hartline (or not), Matthews, Bess, Binns....at WR.
    ...and Cook, Clay, Egnew at TE.

We basically need a whole new WR core. Let's stop playing around folks...we were 27th in scoring offense!

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look at Wallace beast on an end-around at 3:30.. stoked ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSOlJCoZmTI

At the end of the day I'm happy with any of the 3 WRs. All 3 are #1 talents in my opinion.

Some may argue that Wallace isn't, due to his production this last season but like I said in a post on another thread - The Steelers have been on a steady decline since the end of the 2011 regular season when they lost 3-4 and then put up the snoozer in Denver that I don't even want to think about. And 2012 was even worse with all of the injuries they suffered, they looked like **** to say the least...

They are old and injured at most positions and that affects the WRs. It's not fair to give Wallace a total pass but it needs to be taken into account. He's a #1 WR and not as one dimensional as some people here think. I've watched loads of highlight videos and he runs more than 2-3 routes like some here claim he does...
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pass on both. Otherwise it will be severely overpaying for over-valued players. It'll just keep us down the path of mediocrity.
    Just say no to the path of mediocrity!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As I have said, I would have no problem with any of the big three (Even though I hear Bowe may never get to taste FA), but again, IMO the best scenario is to bring in Jennings, draft 2 receiver in the 1st 5 picks to slowly learn from Jennings, and try to sign Hartline to a sensible contract. Miami needs smart reliable receivers, not receivers that are explosive but not as reliable.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Not a fan of Wallace being a phin. He struggled a lot in a his only season in a west-coast offense. Here's a pretty thorough breakdown of how his play has fallen off since the second half of the 2011 season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ers-wr-in-2013
    He finished this past year with 64 catches 856 yards and 8 TD that's not bad for a guy learning a new system.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    As I have said, I would have no problem with any of the big three (Even though I hear Bowe may never get to taste FA), but again, IMO the best scenario is to bring in Jennings, draft 2 receiver in the 1st 5 picks to slowly learn from Jennings, and try to sign Hartline to a sensible contract. Miami needs smart reliable receivers, not receivers that are explosive but not as reliable.
    The problem with Relying on two first young receivers is that they rarely make an impact in their first year, so fans will have to be patient and hopefully they develop into playmakers in the next year or two. And dolphins fans aren't patient.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjizzim View Post
    The problem with Relying on two first young receivers is that they rarely make an impact in their first year, so fans will have to be patient and hopefully they develop into playmakers in the next year or two. And dolphins fans aren't patient.
    Very true, but I really think with Jennings, Hartline, and Bess, Miami would have enough talent to move the ball. Hopefully one of the receivers we take has very good speed, and could help stretch the field as he learns the position.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Could all this mike Wallace talk be a smoke screen?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    Not a fan of Wallace being a phin. He struggled a lot in a his only season in a west-coast offense. Here's a pretty thorough breakdown of how his play has fallen off since the second half of the 2011 season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ers-wr-in-2013
    Unless Todd Haley learned how to run the west coast offense during the 2012 off-season, the Pittsburgh Steelers did not run the west coast offense last season.
    Quote Quote