Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.47 40 for Sean

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO, Smith is not even worth 3-4 million, and there's no way that Marshall is worth 6 million. I'd sign Smith for no more than 1 million with additional bonuses based on performance (INTs, pick-6s, passes defended, etc.), but I'd never give him a big contract unless he can prove that he is worth it. We're talking about a guy who probably leads the league in dropped INTs... why should he get a big contract?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People need to realize that if the phins wanna resign him they will, and if you think it's gonna be for 3 or 4 mill people are nuts!!! What the market is, is what he'll get paid and maybe we can workout a decent t contract for him. Like I said before nickel backs get a least 5-6 mill, so what makes he think you won't get 7-8 from us lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dade View Post
    I think that he ends up staying, he might think that the market is gonna get him 9-10 but he's bugging. A contract of 8 mill is what he reallY might get to be honest. Marshall is getting paid 6 mill as a number 2, so 8 mill plus some incentives will get him to stay. Jeff knows what he did in that vd trade, I doubt he would let Sean smith walk. I can't really say that sucked this year because he didn't, truth be told he plays like a stud against the big Wr's.has any body ever thought maybe we need to add a speed cover go to go along with him so we can match against the small speedy Wr's. Smith stays and thats that, he doesn't seem so but that's the truth and there's nothin wrong with it. I Kevin coyle works wonders with DB's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocnY...e_gdata_player
    It's more about the hips and understanding the position for CBs. Being a burner is helpful, but adequate speed and smarts are what you need. Smith does not have the hips to match the smaller WRs.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I realize that bro, nobody is doubting that. But what happens when we go up against those 6"3 6"4 guys and there beating us up. We all see what he does against the Johnson and a aj's of the league. That's why we should cut Marshall and Patterson=Damn near 10-12 mill in cap relief, go out and bring in a speedy cover corner or just simply draft one. I think the pass defense as a whole will improve next year!! Coyle Is the man
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he wants brandon carr type money if thats the case we should of just signed brandon carr who is way betts than smith
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
    What about that strip on Stevie Johnson in the Bills game that Jones recovered. That was a game altering play. If he comes down to earth a little we should resign him but at the same time add some talent around him so he's not forced into situations where he doesn't excel. If we didn't want to keep him we should have traded him like we did with Vonte. I'm tired of losing highly drafted players for nothing.
    Good memory - I'll concede that one. That was a big play. However, he did get torched by Johnson in the same game for an apparent TD. Good thing Johnson coughed up the ball as he hit the turf in the EZ and didn't quite make a "football move" - otherwise that was an ugly TD - just flat out blew by Sean.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My favorite part of the OP's video is the end where Sean Smith does a break for an easy ball and basically almost drops the gimme pass. This in a nutshell describes Sean Smith. A freakishly gifted specimen without ball skils.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    what does it seem like hes always getting torched on gameday. i dont care what he runs in underarmour. how bought he puts on the pads and atleast keeps up with recievers.
    Quote Quote