Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: does it hurt to dream? mock offseason

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

does it hurt to dream? mock offseason

We finished 7th in the league in points allowed with 19.8 ppg. We also had 44 sacks (on D) which put as at #7 as well.. amazing considering Nolan Carroll made as many starts as he did. the sole emphasis of this offseason in real life as well as this mock is to put the damn ball in the end zone!!!

Re sign
    Sean Smith, Brian Hartline....... JUST KIDDING!!! I'm trying to win games here...

Restructure Patterson to 2.5 cap #

re-sign
    qb Pat Devlin 1 year 0.7 million
    te Anthony Fasano 3 year 9 million
    lt Jake Long 3 year 30 million
    dt Randy Starks 4 year 22 million
    s chris clemons 3 year 12 million
    s tyrone culver 1 year 0.9 million

sign
    wr Mike Wallace 5 year 62 million
    cb Derek Cox 5 year 40 million

draft
    1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee (just in case he is gone Keenan Allen)
    2. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia (Just in case he is gone Terrance Williams)
    2. Barrett Jones G Alabama
    3. "Tank" Carradne DE FSU
    3. Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
    4-7 BPA LB, DT, S, OL

Yes I didn't add a "SEAM THREAT" at TE. I brought back the very consistent Fasano. Good in redzone and good blocker...true pro you want 53 fasano's on your team..... I did add 3 PLAYMAKERS AT WR!!!... With 4 WR sets Fasano won't be used as much but will still be effective.. Defense and pass rush was already towards the top half of the league but Richard Marshall and Dmitri Patterson playing full seasons and Tank Carradine and Derek Cox ought to help....
    ps... have odrick start at DE again and move him to DT once Solaiai leaves in FA 2014, Vernon develops more and Carradine recovers from his torn ACL

DEPTH CHART
    QB Tannehill
    RB Miller
    FB Lane
    WR1 Wallace
    WR2 Patterson
    WR3 Austin
    WR4 Bess
    TE Fasano
    LT Long
    LG Incognito
    C Pouncey
    RG Jones
    RT Martin
    *Utility OL Jerry
    LE Odrick
    DT Starks
    NT Solaia
    RE Wake
    SLB Misi
    MLB Dansby
    WLB Burnett
    CB1 Cox
    CB2 Marshall
    NB Patterson (or move Marshall to nickel back and Patterson moves to boundary corner)
    FS Clemons
    SS RJ
    K Carpenter/ ROOKIE???
    P Fields
    LS Denney
    KR/PR Thigpen
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Eh. TE still blows with Fasano leading the helm. Still no help at pass rusher (waiting on Carradine isn't good) to go along with Wake. Marshall apparently will still be on the team and he sucked before he got injured and now he's coming back off ruptured discs. I really hope Miami doesn't use the #12 pick on a WR.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dreaming is what we Dolphins fans have been doing for decades. Yes, it does hurt.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    Eh. TE still blows with Fasano leading the helm. Still no help at pass rusher (waiting on Carradine isn't good) to go along with Wake. Marshall apparently will still be on the team and he sucked before he got injured and now he's coming back off ruptured discs. I really hope Miami doesn't use the #12 pick on a WR.
    fasano had 0 drops and 5 tds last year.. and wouldn't be as important in the new offense.... are you forgetting about Vernon??? players make biggest improves from rookie year to year 2... Vernon was a ST star and with Wake taking him under his wing as JT did for Wake I expect 5-8 sacks from Vernon who will start on Nickel D
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some good stuff there, fanfin... although I can't agree w. paying Wallace and then drafting Patterson -- not with the holes on this team and the surefire talent that will be there at 12 at OL and/or DE.

Paying Wallace [and someone like K. Lewis at CB] gives a great chance to go BPA at 12 and each pick thereafter. Ansah, Warmack, or Fisher would be solid at 12. Not to mention if highly rated talent slides due to "need" picks by other teams [which is likely to happen w. two QBs, Smith and Barkley taking the place of a much higher position-ranked player].

It's VERY possible for Miami to be sitting there at 12 w. top 5 talent on the board. And IF Ireland has played his cards right and already signed a good/gamebreaking WR and a solid CB then the option is totally there to go BPA.... which will start from day one and be a difference maker.

LD
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel7 View Post
    Some good stuff there, fanfin... although I can't agree w. paying Wallace and then drafting Patterson -- not with the holes on this team and the surefire talent that will be there at 12 at OL and/or DE.

Paying Wallace [and someone like K. Lewis at CB] gives a great chance to go BPA at 12 and each pick thereafter. Ansah, Warmack, or Fisher would be solid at 12. Not to mention if highly rated talent slides due to "need" picks by other teams [which is likely to happen w. two QBs, Smith and Barkley taking the place of a much higher position-ranked player].

It's VERY possible for Miami to be sitting there at 12 w. top 5 talent on the board. And IF Ireland has played his cards right and already signed a good/gamebreaking WR and a solid CB then the option is totally there to go BPA.... which will start from day one and be a difference maker.

LD
    yeah I mean I don't think there is a surefire way to address every need with the ideal guy... you kinda have to pick your poison and with our D being top 10 in the league last year I simply devoted this mock to putting the ball in the endzone. yes Fasano, Clemons, and Odrick could have been upgraded but at what cost? keeping hartline as our #2. you deff have some truth to your statement and I would prefer Keenan Lewis to Cox but figured Cox would be cheaper and less sought after. idc who we sign or draft if Milliner makes it to #12 we draft him no questions asked.
    Quote Quote