Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combine withdrawals

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    that guy as a slot wr is nothing but a projection...way too risky in the early rounds...with a slot you want polish...robinson has none
    With the right team and coaching there is a lot of potential with Denard Robinson. I don't like him for us cause we really can't afford to be overly patient but on a team like the Packers where they can use him like they use Randall Cobb (as a RB/slot receiver/return man) he has the potential to make an impact in the NFL. You can't deny his athleticism and he's got a lot of heart, he's also a team player...I think you're half way there with the kid already.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    allen out...well that's a bummer...i don't know how anyone can watch his cal tape and say "average athlete"

totally agree on short...he wants to avoid showing as average vs the dt class in that setting for as long as he can
    Not average at all when you consider his size (which btw I would love to get an accurate measurement on that). However, if you do not consider his size...then yes he's kind of average, athletically. Which leads to the question how much he is able to hurt opponents with size. If he's able to Brandon Marshall everyone on the field (I'm using him as a verb because his physicality is a force of nature) then obviously average athlete won't matter. If not...
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've actually moved Denard Robinson to runningback on my board. He has too much trouble catching the football to ever pan out as a receiver. However, as a change-of-pace back/returner I think he can be a factor.

Keenan Allen certainly isn't an average athlete, he's just made to look average compared to a kid like Cordarrelle Patterson after everyone finally caught on. This is a case of good athleticism vs. special athleticism. Not good athleticism vs. average athleticism.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would continue to work Denard Robinson at wide receiver and see if his hands improve when he's no longer fighting injury issues. He was trying to catch the football at the Senior Bowl while literally not being able to feel his fingers. I'm no expert, but I'd imagine being able to feel your fingers is pretty important in catching a football that is spinning toward you at 50-60 miles per hour.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    speaking of size is patterson really gonna measure out at 6 ft 3??? i doubt it...keenan allen probably won't either...but if i got to choose one of them i'm taking allen and his polish...maybe not as explosive or elusive with the rac but i see high end nfl wr and consistent production player...

none of these wrs though would warrant top 5 bpa in any draft talk...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and i believe that allen is gonna be more of a red zone win wr than patterson...
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fair point regarding Denard's injury, although my gut tends to guide me here. What I see is a kid that's undeniably a severe threat totin' the rock as opposed to trying to catch it. I like his ability to run through tackles already...prior to adding a little more strength. I'd like for him to add to that and scheme him more out of the backfield.

Just an aside to the Allen conversation, Stedman Bailey is the #2 receiver on my board behind Patterson, and struggle with even having to put him there.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This was probably known by many of you, but Matt Barkley will not throw at the combine, as his shoulder injury isn't fully healed. I tend to think this won't hurt his draft position - those who want him high in the draft will be looking at his tape and more particularly his 2011-12 tape. The only things scouts will want confirmed would be body measurements and the athletic drills, in all of which he will take part.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm kind of glad to see Allen pull out. Less chance we will make him the pick now.

CP ftw
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Fair point regarding Denard's injury, although my gut tends to guide me here. What I see is a kid that's undeniably a severe threat totin' the rock as opposed to trying to catch it. I like his ability to run through tackles already...prior to adding a little more strength. I'd like for him to add to that and scheme him more out of the backfield.

Just an aside to the Allen conversation, Stedman Bailey is the #2 receiver on my board behind Patterson, and struggle with even having to put him there.

Stedman is going to have a great career of he find himself on the right team. He's a mix of Reggie Wayne and Steve Smith. I got to watch him at WVU and there's no doubt in my mind this kid is going to be looked at as one of the steals of the 2013 draft. Still kills me that 23 touchdowns dosent win you the belintnekoff(sorry for the spelling on that) award he ha something like 10 more than lee and only around 100 less receiving yards. Yea I think Lee might be the better overall receiver but numbers have to mean something . I digress, hope we steal steadmen with our second 2
    Quote Quote