Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Difference Between Jennings and Wallace

1. -11
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phin-o-rama View Post
    Not my money so I don't care
    It doesn't matter if it's not your money. You are a Dolphins fan. If we over spend for an average product it will hurt the team because of cap issues. Do you not care about the Dolphins ? Don't you want us to be good? Sheesh
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYFINFAN23 View Post
    Ireland needs too put a winning product on the field NOW - he doesnt have the time too let a rookie wr to devolop.

Irelands job and Career depends on this season...
    How can he not have enough time to let a rookie WR develop when our QB was a rookie himself this year?

I agree that Ireland's job could depend on this season, but only if we take a step backwards. We're not exactly poised to make a run at the Superbowl. We have a very young QB with a lot to learn and plenty of holes to fill.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We may have to overpay for him, but wallace helps our entire offense. His presence on the field means the safeties and corners need to back off. Which will open up the underneath for bess and running game for whoever our back is when the season rolls round. Admittedly wallace is not a perfect fit for our system but i still prefer him to jennings. I think he just brings a lot more to the offense. I think we sign him, resign hartline, bess in the slot and then matthews, binns and maybe a second or third rounder battling out for the other positions.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    What Sherman aspires to be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we should stay away from Wallace. He originally wanted $100M from the Steelers. Vincent Jackson got 5 years $55.55M last off season so you know Wallace thinks he's better than that & will command 5 years $60M or 6 years $70M. He's not a top 3, 5, or 10 receiver. I mean look at the numbers, there was a nine game stretch last year where he only averaged more than 10 yards per catch twice. Our top receiver can not disappear like that. Then comes the news yesterady from Antonio Brown that the locker room was divided with me first players. You know who the head of that table was?? Wallace. Once he get paid he's not going to do anything, he doesn't have the desire. Give me Greg Jennings & draft a hungry WR in the first two rounds.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    How can he not have enough time to let a rookie WR develop when our QB was a rookie himself this year?

I agree that Ireland's job could depend on this season, but only if we take a step backwards. We're not exactly poised to make a run at the Superbowl. We have a very young QB with a lot to learn and plenty of holes to fill.
    I think he was eluding to the fact that if Miami finishes at or below .500 again this season, Jeff's ass, Ross's boot and the door knob will all become familiar with each other.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    We need a true #1 reciever now. I believe we need a 2-3 person who can come in, lead the team, and provider our younger guys (draft pick, Binns, Mathews) a role model. The only person that could provide that immediate impact, I believe, is Jennings. Wallace is just to pricey for longer. If we have to overpay, lets do that for a shorter time-frame while we groom less expensive rookies.
    Quote Quote