Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MrEd decodes the recent Ireland media conference...

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

MrEd decodes the recent Ireland media conference...

Based on what I heard and read into and by listening to Ben Volin's confirming of an idea I threw out there earlier this week...

Randy Starks will be the candidate for the Franchise Tag. $8mil cap number and you keep the DL intact adding a pass rusher sometime in the first 2 rounds to compete with Vernon and (Odrick who will still keep the role of rotating between backup DT and DE).

I also read into the Bush revelations that Bush seems a candidate to replace Davone Bess in the slot (Bess could be shopped during the draft), he is in the last year of his contract, would save us about $3mil of cap space and Bush becomes more of a playmaker in the slot upgrading the slot, which Ireland mentioned during the Senior Bowl as something they were looking at...and also puts Lamar Miller as the starting RB with Bush sspelling him and becoming the 3rd down back. Thomas, and Thigpen become depth guys.

I read that Wallace is not only our #1 target, but now I'm thinking that we may instead of targeting a TE in FA, they may find Hartline's asking price a bit much and according to Mortenson may look to even try to reel Jennings in to a deal not to much different and give Tannehill "two" veteran star WRs to throw to.

Volin adds that Fasano looks to be brought back, Egnew will be used as a slot type of TE, and that it is more likely that it is "Clay" whose roster spot is the one that will be in danger if he doesn't super improve!

Long looks to be the guy Ireland will meet his demands on a long term deal, the same with Sean Smith. Marshall seems safe and finally. ....

Ireland lent to my previous hunch that Chamce Warmack may indeed be the target at #12.

He stressed not given an eff what previous history repeating itself on his record (implication by media guy was picking OL) and Ireland stated that you may have playmaker/impact player being one thing I think it can very well be OL. Did mention Safery too, so I wouldn't be surprised if Miami has Vaccaro on the radar should Warmack be gone or a FS in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Anyone read into this and come out with at least something in this vain?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ar...5-434f52923e23.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree to an extent. I guarantee mike Wallace is not a dolphin. He is not the type of person philbin or Ireland like. Remember they look at character first and foremost. They have to "marry" I hope Reggie is resigned and made a slot player ive been saying for years some team should do that. I believe stark will b tagged jake will b signed Sean will be signed, fasano will walk. CPAT will be are first round pick makes too much sense he's explosive. Chance has no chance of big the pick.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Other then want to be paid in the top of his position what has Mike Wallace done to show he has character issues? You guys mix up the business end with character issue! It is no difference then when a front office cuts a player or trades him nothing personal just business.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    @MiamiB. Could be with you on that if Wallace is indeed not targeted. But with Irelands repeat mention of OL as a position that can upgrade the playmaking abilities to the O and should we sign Wallace or even as Mortenson has now revealed we are targeting signing both Wallace "and" Jennings, Warmack would make sense over Patterson in that case. But you could be right too.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think that if you are really taking what ireland says at that combine podium and to the media pre draft and free agency as face value that you are wasting your time...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    I'll decode it.

I'm going to make everyone think we're going to build through the draft, and that we're going to draft an olinemen in the 1st like always so that no one tries to leapfrog us with one of the teams that wants to trade down, and takes the player we really want.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think that if you are really taking what ireland says at that combine podium and to the media pre draft and free agency as face value that you are wasting your time...
    I don't suscribe to that school of thought, as he wasn't revealing numbers or who is the one to get the tag, but I'm officially beginning to think that Mortenson isn't pulling things out of his butt when he's hearing they are actually targeting "both" Wallace and Jennings. This would lend to passing on Patterson, giving Tannehill "veterans", instead of a learning rookie to throw to.

The re-signing Fasano and pursuing Bush in the slot along with either Egnew or Clay there lends me to believe we aren't really targeting a TE as is being assumed around here. They haven't even spoke with any TEs at the Combine yet.

So if we combine letting Hartline walk, restructuring Dimitri Patterson's contract, cutting ties with Bess' s $3mil, and withholding from pursuing any TE or anyone else in FA other than re-signing our own and tagging the cheaper Starks? Jennings could take Hartline's position and then give Wallace the red carpet. And then Warmack looks like the obvious guy. Should Warmack be gone? Vaccaro could be in play or maybe even another OL that can move someone to RG. Jmo.

In fact the great Mike Mayock has Chance Warmack rated the #1 PLAYER/PROSPECT in "any" position in the ENTIRE DRAFT. Something to think about that maybe (so does Ireland).
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The interpretation of what he's saying may be correct (or of course may not), but anyone who thinks Reggie Bush can play anywhere near as well as Davone Bess at any receiver position is sorely misguided IMO.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have no clue what Ireland is saying or thinking. All I know is that our WR's last year were awful and that this team has a scoring and turnover production problem.

Please fix this.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not all that many, myself included were too thrilled with the Pouncey pick when it happened. However, I think at this point, anyone outside of the hardcore, hard-wired ContraryMarys around here, with the benefit of hindsight, would draft him again in a heartbeat as he has the potential to deliver Dwight Stephenson/Jim Langer quality level of service. Jake was epic also, that's until our resident Moron played him in the 4th exhibition game a few seasons back and he's never been the same. Considering the offensive FA options and draft depth this season at WR, I'd be perfectly fine grabbing Warmack at 12, if he's all he's cracked up to be in the Mike Pouncey tradition.

Quote Quote