Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Targets at WR

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    there's not a snow balls chance in hell that cruz is getting away from the giants...zilch zero nada
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    austins another guy though that gets dinged up a lot...and he doesn't command the defenses respect and attention on a dez bryant level...bryants the alpha dog in dallas...make no mistake about it...there's a point i'd be interested in austin but with that contract it's probably our late 2nd rounder
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    there's not a snow balls chance in hell that cruz is getting away from the giants...zilch zero nada
    There is more than a good chance...if you listen to what Adam Shefter has been saying.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    There is more than a good chance...if you listen to what Adam Shefter has been saying.
    the giants gm would cut half his roster to keep salsa pants...he's the best big play slot wr in football...only way that guy gets traded is if he's looking for calvin johnson money...they should pay him $10 mil per already...

maybe if there was a poison pill in the contract he signed elsewhere or something...but i'd franchise that guy in a nanosecond
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Trade Targets at WR

no trades please.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we could snag one of the Washington guys, probably Hankerson or Aldrick Robinson (I'd be good with either), because they sold the farm for RGknee and are probably looking to add draft picks. I think I'd rather sign Mohamed Massoquoi or Steve Breaston than trade for those second-tier guys; but in the Skins situation (needing draft picks, muddled depth chart of young guys) we may get a deal for someone who won't see the field much inWashington.

I guess I could dream that they'd be willing to hear offers for Pierre Garcon (they're over the cap, he's their highest-paid player (8.5/yr) in a run-first offense, may need foot surgery, would cost a high pick or two)....but it's not likely.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Nice post CK.....I will throw in my WR Target.....Victor Cruz, NY Giants.

A) Why you think that player is available.....

Cruz has been wanting a nice long term deal and wanting to be paid like a top WR. I am talking Vincent Jackson money...but the Giants seem to believe that Hakeem Nicks is the guy who is a better fit to be their #1 WR. The problem with Nicks is he sees to get injured a lot. The Giants cannot afford to pay both guys top money as I think they are $3 million OVER the cap at this time.

B) Why the Dolphins would be interested???.......

What is not to like about Cruz. He just consistently makes big catches, and knows how to take the ball to the house...unlike a guy like Hartline, who makes a lot of catches but rarely scores TD's. I don't know what it would take to obtain Cruz....I would not offer a first rounder for him....but maybe our second round two pick....and sweeten it by throwing in a player that is expendable to us. The fans would love seeing Cruz doing the salsa dance at SunLife Stadium. I would give the Giants a call....he would probably cost us less than either Jennings or Wallace, but I would give him a nice bump over what the Giants are paying him.
    Thank you for following the spirit of the thread with your suggestion. Big ups.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    austins another guy though that gets dinged up a lot...and he doesn't command the defenses respect and attention on a dez bryant level...bryants the alpha dog in dallas...make no mistake about it...there's a point i'd be interested in austin but with that contract it's probably our late 2nd rounder
    I wasn't even thinking that high as far as compensation for Austin. I was thinking 3rd rounder...maybe even 4th rounder. Maybe I've misestimated that price tag. The Cowboys are in REAL bad shape from a salary cap standpoint, and $6.4 million average salary over the next 3 years isn't precisely cheap...
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ND
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Have to include Harvin from the Vikings. He wants to get paid but Vikes are a little worried about injury time and possible conflicts with the coach and players. Their GM has obvious connection with Miami. He sure wasn't opposed to trades while here. From what I've heard from Minnesota papers is the Vikes are not sure they should keep him or not. He's certainly a playmaker and a new contract would have to be worked out. If he's looking for Wallace money, then this could not happen, too much risk.
    Just win.... please!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    1st Team All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will weigh in heavily here.

When in posession of a "boatload" of picks, I see opportunity to draft young and grow from the core. And to do that with a large infusion of fresh rookies.

I do not see value in trading picks for a receiver when there are similar players to be had through one move in FA that is "free" from the payment of picks perspective.

To me, trading picks, in this case would be a severe misuse of assets, Miles Austin included.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lah, lah land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For a 3rd or 4th I'd trade for M.Austin in a heart beat, but I believe the only trade in our future may be a trade back from #12.
    Quote Quote