Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Targets at WR

1. -21
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm sure the boys would like to get out from that austin money...but want out so bad they take a 3rd or 4th rounder in return...at this point...i doubt it...maybe if he has another year in 2013 like he did this last one i could see it...but then again i could also see no one willing to make the trade and them just cutting him
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    by the way if i'm rees of the giants before i let cruz get away or nicks for that matter or jpp when he comes up i part with osi and some of that dline depth...i'd part with kenny philips also in a second to get cruz the money i need to keep him...there's ways to get this done...
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches Brew View Post
    I think we could snag one of the Washington guys, probably Hankerson or Aldrick Robinson (I'd be good with either), because they sold the farm for RGknee and are probably looking to add draft picks. I think I'd rather sign Mohamed Massoquoi or Steve Breaston than trade for those second-tier guys; but in the Skins situation (needing draft picks, muddled depth chart of young guys) we may get a deal for someone who won't see the field much inWashington.

I guess I could dream that they'd be willing to hear offers for Pierre Garcon (they're over the cap, he's their highest-paid player in a run-first offense, may need foot surgery, would cost a high pick or two)....but it's not likely.
    Interesting suggestions. Thank you for coming up with unique suggestions AND for somewhat explaining them.

As for the guys you bring up, I'm sure they would be glad to trade Aldrick Robinson as he's a bottom-of-the-depth-chart kind of guy. However, Pierre Garcon is not a guy I think they would trade as they only JUST gave him a huge contract. Also, if you actually watched him play in 2012 (and it sounds like you did since you like him so much) then you know that when he did play this year, he was phenomenal.

The one that you brought up that is actually interesting to me is Leonard Hankerson. I adored Hankerson coming out (relative to his market value). But he did get hurt and miss most of his rookie year, and then spent a lot of 2012 playing third-fiddle to both Pierre Garcon AND Josh Morgan. And sometimes Santana Moss (who is still under contract), for that matter. All in all, Hankerson accounted for the 2nd most snaps on the team, but that was just because of injuries to Garcon. When everyone is healthy, I think Hankerson is 3rd down the totem pole or maybe even 4th down. And meanwhile Aldrick Robinson has proven to be a valuable deep threat that you can put on the field to make big plays. He may be 5th down the pole now but they may think of bumping him up.

Does that mean they're disappointed in Hankerson? If it does, I would definitely think about offering a price for him in trade. Based on my draft board in 2011, Leonard Hankerson would've actually been one of the guys I drafted that year...at the very same pick the Redskins got him.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i'm sure the boys would like to get out from that austin money...but want out so bad they take a 3rd or 4th rounder in return...at this point...i doubt it...maybe if he has another year in 2013 like he did this last one i could see it...but then again i could also see no one willing to make the trade and them just cutting him
    When you're close to cutting a guy I don't see how you can be picky about insisting on a 2nd round pick for him in trade rather than a 3rd or 4th round pick. At that point you're lucky to get anything when you're close to cutting him.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -24

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    why would washington give up a cheap guy like aldrick robinson??? they won't...he doesn't impact their cap at all...they won't part with hankerson either in trade unless you overpay...garcon is going nowhere...

massquai stinks and is one more concussion from out of football...breaston on the cheap is interesting but he's pretty much a finesse possession wr at this stage...not much big play left there...so far i don't see any of these things panning out...if i could get hank for a 3rd rounder it would interest me...but he's underwhelmed in washington also frankly...and if you underwhelm in that o with all the one on one looks it gives you that's a dicey prop in our o
    Quote Quote  

5. -25

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i just don't think dallas will give you austin this year for that price...if i'm them i bet on him bouncing back in 2013 and if not worse case i cut him after the season unless cap wise it's just not feasible...
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    James Jones.

An oldie but a goodie. Obviously the price tag would be much higher than when the discussions of trading for him earlier in the season would be seeing as though he easily proved he would have been worth the 2nd or the 3rd rounder he was supposed to have fetched.

Basically a lot of the Greg Jennings coming to GB south comparisons apply here... I'm pretty sure he signed a 3 year deal in 2011, and im just going off memory but i dont think it was that big, so GB wouldnt have to eat too much $$ to pull off the trade, and he gives you a big physical redzone target.

Does anybody have an issue with pairing up a high priced FA, such as Greg Jennings with James Jones on the outside and have bess in the slot..... now you are really talking about GB south, with talented guys who can separate, score in the red zone, stretch the field, and know the system.

My only issue.... why would GB want to let him go? but hell, wishful thinking
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by damanref10 View Post
    James Jones.

An oldie but a goodie. Obviously the price tag would be much higher than when the discussions of trading for him earlier in the season would be seeing as though he easily proved he would have been worth the 2nd or the 3rd rounder he was supposed to have fetched.

Basically a lot of the Greg Jennings coming to GB south comparisons apply here... I'm pretty sure he signed a 3 year deal in 2011, and im just going off memory but i dont think it was that big, so GB wouldnt have to eat too much $$ to pull off the trade, and he gives you a big physical redzone target.

Does anybody have an issue with pairing up a high priced FA, such as Greg Jennings with James Jones on the outside and have bess in the slot..... now you are really talking about GB south, with talented guys who can separate, score in the red zone, stretch the field, and know the system.

My only issue.... why would GB want to let him go? but hell, wishful thinking
    unlikely Green Bay would part with James Jones in an off-season in which they are going to lose both Driver and Jennings.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Enduro seems to think Larry Fitzgerald is the target.

Is he still working at the psychic hotline?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jones is a bargain by nfl wr terms these days...even if he is somewhat limited as a player...no way packs letting a guy that is financially that much of a bargain walk away
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyObnoxious View Post
    unlikely Green Bay would part with James Jones in an off-season in which they are going to lose both Driver and Jennings.
    driver was a total nonfactor all year long. any camp body they bring in would be an upgrade from what he gave them last year so losing him is nothing.

Jennings for sure has an impact... but when you still have Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb, thats already one of the best tandems in the league right there. If Jones is on the last year of his deal.... they have an incentive to move him for a pick or two rather than extending him with a solid contract or losing him for nothing in FA
    Quote Quote