Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trade Targets at WR

1. -101
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think while wallace is not a route runner the level of brian hartline he can run any route on the boundary against off coverage brian hartline feasted on for so much of this season and make plenty of hay...and his form on his 18 yard comeback doesn't have to be great once that corner leaves the country trying to keep from getting beat over the top...

i see a lot of iso routes in this offense on the outside possibilities with wallace...and more big play abilities and bailing coverage...and if the safeties want to forget about him we'll hang 6 burgers on their rear ends til they do pay attention...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Phins fanatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The great thing about the position we're in is that we can go in multiple directions if the price for Wallace is really going to be $30+ million guaranteed.

There are several guys who fit our needs in the draft and you can hedge your bets with a few different directions as well. Hartline being chief among them..

Phins are in a great spot, we just have to hope Ireland is competent enough to decide the direction and act on that plan accordingly.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill has the arm to throw the deep outs, which are probably the hardest pass to defend against. Hartline is excellent at the route, and its great for moving the chains, but it doesnt score TDs. and in the off occasion that Hartline does have an open field in front of him, he trips over his own feet. nonetheless, his value is in tight route running that is critical for making key first downs. But, remember the 8 or so overthrown deep balls to Hartline this year, Wallace would have caught up to some of those. As RT develops the deep ball (he had terrible deep ball stats at A&M), Wallace is the prototype guy to help him. If they can get their timing right, the combination could be lethal. Im soured on Jennings and if we forgo Wallace, I'd rather go all out in draft with Patterson, Bailey, Swopes for instance.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd send Jonathan Martin and our 4th for Miles Austin.

I think you Wallace fans are crazy. The guy is a black hole waiting to happen.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Trade Targets at WR

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post

Are you crazy? Trade Martin and open up another hole in the O-Line? No thanks.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
    Are you crazy? Trade Martin and open up another hole in the O-Line? No thanks.
    Jonathan Martin ranked 76th in the NFL amongst tackles last year. His grade from PFF was -22. That is horrible. Martin already IS a gaping hole on the OL. Martin is a backup at best. Dolphins are going to need to fill both OT positions.

If they could find a team that valued him at all they should trade him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A) Why you think that player is available, and
    B) Why the Dolphins would be interested.

A) Brandon LaFell- Carolina I believe is in a poor cap position (
    With 56 players under contract, the Panthers are sitting at $131.7 million. There’s no doubt new general manager Dave Gettleman will attempt to restructure some contracts, but he’s going to have to release some veteran players just to get under the cap. ESPN.com) meaning they might have to get rid of some players for draft compensation which now due to the new rules are far more reasonable then player for player deals. He hit the escalations in his contract and will get paid about 2 times his base this year (Brandon LaFell's 2013 base salary increased from $575,000 to $1.35 million after he hit escalators in his rookie deal. rotoworld.com) and is due to be a FA I believe next year and could walk for nothing.

B) Dolphins would be interested because he is only 26 so could get the remainder of his rookie deal and one more contract out of him which helps build long term success by giving RT consistency. I believe he fits the offensive system, willing to catch the ball over the middle and in traffic has YAC ability plus he is a competitive guy. He is also a great redzone target and could become a big time player if in our system which is based mostly on mid range routes and allowing the receiver to RAC which I think he is molded for. He could be a 40-50 catch guy and averages 15 YPC so roughly 600-750 5 or so TD's and for 1.35 mill and a reasonable FA contract this guy could be a great addition to the Dolphins.

Is this likely or even probable probably NOT but wanted to mention someone different.
    Last edited by Dolphinator530; 02-23-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliott 1 View Post

No way, I believe Martin has a nice future in this league.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinator530 View Post
    A) Why you think that player is available, and
    B) Why the Dolphins would be interested.

A) Brandon LaFell- Carolina I believe is in a poor cap position (
    With 56 players under contract, the Panthers are sitting at $131.7 million. There’s no doubt new general manager Dave Gettleman will attempt to restructure some contracts, but he’s going to have to release some veteran players just to get under the cap. ESPN.com) meaning they might have to get rid of some players for draft compensation which now due to the new rules are far more reasonable then player for player deals. He hit the escalations in his contract and will get paid about 2 times his base this year (Brandon LaFell's 2013 base salary increased from $575,000 to $1.35 million after he hit escalators in his rookie deal. rotoworld.com) and is due to be a FA I believe next year and could walk for nothing.

B) Dolphins would be interested because he is only 26 so could get the remainder of his rookie deal and one more contract out of him which helps build long term success by giving RT consistency. I believe he fits the offensive system, willing to catch the ball over the middle and in traffic has YAC ability plus he is a competitive guy. He is also a great redzone target and could become a big time player if in our system which is based mostly on mid range routes and allowing the receiver to RAC which I think he is molded for. He could be a 40-50 catch guy and averages 15 YPC so roughly 600-750 5 or so TD's and for 1.35 mill and a reasonable FA contract this guy could be a great addition to the Dolphins.

Is this likely or even probable probably NOT but wanted to mention someone different.
    Thank you for this.

However, I would note (whether it means anything or not is up to you) that the word out of the Combine especially from the press conferences that the team has held, is that they're committed to Brandon LaFell as their #2 wide receiver behind Steve Smith. Could be BS, could be true, who knows.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would look at teams with new head coaches, they are more prone to go for picks and bring in their own guys.

We know what Ireland usually goes after. Young players in their mid twenties that are just starting to get better.
    Quote Quote