Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 guys that need to be cut!

1. -1
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies

GM 4 guys that need to be cut!

We are currently looking at roughly $47M in cap space. There are 4 contracts on this team that should be terminated ASAP:

Dimitri Patterson: Currently has a 2013 cap hit of $4.6M with no dead cap space. Money saved $4.6M
    for Patterson I'm hoping for more of a restructure to keep then an outright cut.
    Incognito: Currently has a 2013 cap hit of $5.38M with a dead cap number of $1.08M. Money saved $4.3M
    Richard Marshall: Currently has a 2013 cap hit of $5.78M with $2.33M in dead space. Money saved $3.43M
    Carpenter: Currently has a caps hit of $3.01M with only 312.5K in dead cap space. Money saved $2.7M

Total savings: $15M bringing our projected cap space to $62M

Resign: Clemons Devlin Moore
    Franchise: Starks
    Extend:Jones
    Restructure: Patterson

this will run us in the neighborhood of $16-$19M leaving us with roughly $43-46M range. We will have locked up the safety position, DT, backup quarterback and one corner. With the remainder everyone knows the obvious needs.
    2 guards
    2 corners
    1 tackle
    1 TE
    1-2 more pass rushers
    3 wide receivers
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    If anyone knows of an error in this info let me know. I think the $47M estimate is a little low cause we have roll over from 2012
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Incognito seems to be liked by the coaches and his teammates. I don't think he would be cut.

As far as the other three...your guess is as good as mine. I think Patterson gets cut before Marshall and hard to say what will happen to Carpenter. If I had to guess, Miami will probably bring in a kicker to compete with him, and then make a move based on the competition.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree a lot of players could/should be cut.

I don't think Patterson or Marshall are worth what they make. Especially with Marshall having an IR back injury... Time to rebuild the whole corner spot.

My personal madden scenario would be:

1. let Sean Smith get signed elsewhere for some stupid amount.
    2. Cut Marshall & Patterson
    3. Sign a FA CB, Keenan Lewis or Derek Cox imo.
    4. MUST draft Milliner. (i'm assuming wr will be filled via FA)

after Milliner, bring in at least another one or two rookies too.

1. Milliner
    2. Lewis/Cox

then the rest would probably be a battle between- McCann, Carroll, rookie, rookie, Wilson (is he at safety or corner now?)

6 corners on the roster, with mostly youth, hopefully rookies edging out Jimmy. How would you guys feel about that?

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marshall needs to be cut regardless. He sucks. Carpenter needs to go too. Would suck if Miami actually puts together a good team this season only to have Carpenter cost them more games. Dump him and either draft a kicker or sign an hungry undrafted kicker.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinMagic View Post
    Dimitri Patterson: Currently has a 2013 cap hit of $4.6M with no dead cap space. Money saved $4.6M
    for Patterson I'm hoping for more of a restructure to keep then an outright cut.
    Incognito: Currently has a 2013 cap hit of $5.38M with a dead cap number of $1.08M. Money saved $4.3M
    Richard Marshall: Currently has a 2013 cap hit of $5.78M with $2.33M in dead space. Money saved $3.43M
    Carpenter: Currently has a caps hit of $3.01M with only 312.5K in dead cap space. Money saved $2.7M
    Of those on your list, only one I can see possibly getting cut is Carpenter.

Patterson should be asked to restructure or take a pay cut. He won't see $5 million on the open market.

You don't cut relase a Pro Bowl OG whos is making only $5 million in the last year of his deal. It send the wrong message to your team.

Marshall won't be cut because if we cut him we are looking for another starting NB and a decent one will cost $$$ anyways.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DzakkH13 View Post
    Of those on your list, only one I can see possibly getting cut is Carpenter.

Patterson should be asked to restructure or take a pay cut. He won't see $5 million on the open market.

You don't cut relase a Pro Bowl OG whos is making only $5 million in the last year of his deal. It send the wrong message to your team.

Marshall won't be cut because if we cut him we are looking for another starting NB and a decent one will cost $$$ anyways.
    Paterson likely would not take a pay cut because he would get a certain portion of his contract and a new contract which would likely be more financially beneficial than a pay cut.
    Incognito may have played in a probowl but is among the most undeserving that have ever played
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like what you did but I also do not see Cog getting cut.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Paterson likely would not take a pay cut because he would get a certain portion of his contract and a new contract which would likely be more financially beneficial than a pay cut.
    Incognito may have played in a probowl but is among the most undeserving that have ever played
    Only about $2 million of Patterson's deal is gauranteed this year. So it would be iffy to get him to take a paycut.

As underserving as NFL fans around the world felt about Incognito making the Pro Bowl as an alternate, fact is he was voted in by his peers and coaches.

They feel he is a quality player and if we were to cut Incognito, it would send the wrong message to the players.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the only realistic cut on that list is Carpenter!
    Quote Quote